HF Habs: 2021 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 2 - Almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
K... Someone on the main boards said it cost the Panthers $56k of compensation cause they claimed Juulsen. I've seen a few comments about this and someone said that the compensation was gone a few CBA's ago. Anybody know the truth on this in the latest CBA? All I can find on the net is this and it might be old...

dytVxsn.jpg

So if this is true and it's tied to years of service... how does that apply to Perry who has 15 NHL seasons but we signed him to a one year low AAV? What's the compensation if any if Perry is claimed? Anybody?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why did they waive Perry and Frolik?

Have to go with 21 man roster (Mete as the extra guy) and with Perry, we would be $41k over the cap.

Weal on the taxi squad cost us $325k of cap hit. A move to trade him should have been done weeks ago IMO. Maybe Bergevin tried... who knows. The minute Perry signed, I would have had other plans to move Weal and I would have added a 3rd round pick to sweeten it up. Kings fans were interested on the main boards.

Reactions: HabsDood

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
With Juulsen going, thats now 4 out of the 6 players picked in the first round from 09 to 15 that got waived... LMAO!

Leblanc, Tinordi, Juulsen, Scherbak.

Beaulieu and Galchenyuk are the ones to not get waived... Ah!

Bets on Sergachev, Poehling, KK, Caufield and Guhle ? Sergachev is not getting waived, KK either.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
I would pickup Jaros and would put Kulak on the waivers we would save 1m and Jaros can bring the same thing then Kulak I think
I don't know Jaros so I can't comment on the hockey value of the these transactions. But we would only save $325K in cap (1.075 - .75) if Kulak clears waivers. If he's picked up off waivers we would save $1.1M (1.85 - .75).

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Weal is shit everyone hates him, Frolik is still a LHS. It got thin on the right, real quick. Perry being a valid PP2 option for net presence is also an asset we could lose in a hurry.
Of course it would be better to keep him but It's not the end of the world if we loose him.. and not because people here doesn't like him that it's mean that the player suck.. Weal on the taxi squad is a guy that can still play in the NHL for a short time and he can play every position.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Of course it would be better to keep him but It's not the end of the world if we loose him.. and not because people here doesn't like him that it's mean that the player suck.. Weal on the taxi squad is a guy that can still play in the NHL for a short time and he can play every position.

Having both Frolik and Perry available on the active roster with Byron on waivers would have meant left AND right hand shot depth on the bottom 6, and NO chance of seeing Weal. Lehkonen-Evans-Frolik to start on the 4th, in case you're worried about Perry's speed against Toronto. Then you swap Perry in for teams like Winnipeg.

Weal playing means Bergevin has failed.

Reactions: zx81

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Having both Frolik and Perry available on the active roster with Byron on waivers would have meant left AND right hand shot depth on the bottom 6, and NO chance of seeing Weal. Lehkonen-Evans-Frolik to start on the 4th, in case you're worried about Perry's speed against Toronto. Then you swap Perry in for teams like Winnipeg.

Weal playing means Bergevin has failed.

Honestly I would be extremely surprised if some claim Perry with all the players available on the waivers so I'm not to worried but we are talking about a 13th forward that's not important and it's not a failed to loose a player that you knew when you signed him that you would put him on the waivers

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Honestly I would be extremely surprised if some claim Perry with all the players available on the waivers so I'm not to worried but we are talking about a 13th forward that's not important

We're talking about a whole lot of expletives in front of the opposing net AND some PP goals if Anderson goes down on injury. Do not lose Perry. Frolik can't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad