HF Habs: 2021 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 2 - Almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Cap space issue ($41K over the cap) where we are forced to go with 21 players. Byron should have been on waivers... nobody is going to claim him with his cap and term left
Imagine if Perry gets picked up? And by a team he doesn't care going to? After choosing Mtl as his (maybe) last destination?

I guess Bergevin didn't want to lose Tit-Paul.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I ask myself this question also?

It's exactly like the AHL but they don't play AHL, they follow the team around. Anybody not exempt from waivers and on a 1 way contract has to clear waivers to go to either AHL or Taxi squad. They don't have to clear if you want them after that but if you make them active again and want to send them back, they have to clear waivers again.

Clear waivers on the way out, but not the way in. Habs are forced to go with 21 man roster this year. I've called this out over a month ago. Weal on the taxi squad cost us $325K of cap hit. He should have been traded and if we had to add a 3rd, so be it. Now we might loose both Juulsen and Perry.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So f***ing annoying we lost Juulsen and potentially Perry/Frolik because we were 41k over the cap. Really don’t want to lose Perry.

On the other hand, I would absolutely claim Kylington. We just don’t have cap space. Interesting to see what happens.

Waive Byron.

Kylington is made to measure, shoots L, mobile, only 23:

Is an outstanding skating defenseman, which enables him to move the puck out of danger swiftly and also join the rush with aplomb. Owns both good vision and passing skills. Has great hockey sense and instincts. Doesn't own ideal size to play at the highest level, so he could stand to become stronger in his upper body (to play a more aggressive brand of defense). At times, he is guilty of trying to do too much with the puck.
Long Range Potential: Talented, mobile offensive defenseman with good upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Gotta put a claim on this guy.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe Perry understood this from the get go and doesn't care.

To me, I can see him being picked up pretty quickly.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wow Samuel Morin on waivers.

I hope the Habs pick him up. He's big and can skate decently for his size. This means that he is amazing defensively.

Habs did try to trade up in the 2013 draft. They had discussions with Philly that included Max Pacioretty going to Philly and the Flyers would give their 11th overall pick in the deal. And the Habs' intention was to pick Morin.

Needless to say, the deal didn't materialize. Flyers took Morin at 11th and Habs took McCarron at 25th.

Although I don't think Habs will be claiming anyone because they need to keep that player in the NHL and with Perry and Frolik off the books, they are JUST under the cap.

Reactions: MSLs absurd thighs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Imagine if Perry gets picked up? And by a team he doesn't care going to? After choosing Mtl as his (maybe) last destination?

I guess Bergevin didn't want to lose Tit-Paul.

It's very possible Perry gets claimed but I doubt a team looking to rebuild does. It's more of the top 20 teams that have cap space and a need for Perry. Hard to say

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

Chiarot-Weber
Edmunson-Petry
Kulak-Romanov

Price
looking at that roster if Dermott doesn't find a home on our LD I can see a trade. I personally have always liked Lehkonen's game.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's very possible Perry gets claimed but I doubt a team looking to rebuild does. It's more of the top 20 teams that have cap space and a need for Perry. Hard to say

We're not the only team eyeing a playoff spot thanks to the reconfigured divisions. That makes Perry someone to target, depending on who they'd have to give up on.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We're not the only team eyeing a playoff spot thanks to the reconfigured divisions. That makes Perry someone to target, depending on who they'd have to give up on.

Yup! We have been all talking about this for a over a week now. Byron should have been on waivers.... Very low chance he gets taken. No Canadian team can fit him in their cap except for the Sens and their owner is cheap and on a budget. That was the better move to make and we don't owe Byron anything. He would have understood

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
That Ti-Paul contract has been an albatross on so many levels. That burnt offering just keeps on giving.

Honestly, this year is nothing. Next year, and to an extent the year after, that $3.4m is going to be a pain in the ass when we have to extend Kotkaniemi and Suzuki. Then, while I get Tatar isn’t likely in our plans, this albatross of a contract will likely cost us Tatar and at least 1 if not 2 of Armia, Lehkonen, Mete and Danault, all 5 I’d take before Byron. Well, maybe not so much Mete but I think I made my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad