HF Habs: 2021 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 2 - Almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Big disappointment if it happens. And bigger disapppointment if it happens within the Canadian division.
Yep. I'm not Nostradamus but I would bet a decent amount of money he's on the Sens by this time tomorrow. And he's going to bug the crap out of us all year.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why would a team claim Perry when they themselves could have just signed him to a $750k contract two weeks ago? They’ll just pick up a player that has no interest in playing for them. Juulsen is a completely different situation.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Why would a team claim Perry when they themselves could have just signed him to a $750k contract two weeks ago? They’ll just pick up a player that has no interest in playing for them. Juulsen is a completely different situation.

Exaclty ! It was said that he didn’t receive any offer

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

You're assuming that he didn't receive any offer 'because' teams weren't interested, and excluding the possibility of a prior handshake / Perry's mind being made up already. Training with Suzuki, knowing Anderson, knowing Price/Weber, childhood team, Thornton on the Leafs, Canadian side.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You're assuming that he didn't receive any offer 'because' teams weren't interested, and excluding the possibility of a prior handshake / Perry's mind being made up already. Training with Suzuki, knowing Anderson, knowing Price/Weber, childhood team, Thornton on the Leafs, Canadian side.

He might have received more offers, but still chose the Habs. And it wasn’t to just showcase himself to other teams during their training camp. I have a difficult time believing other GMs would claim a veteran that actively didn’t just sign with their team when he could have.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Yes but when you look at the formation it was clear that there was no spot available on the top 12. I’m sure he would have prefer to go to a team that had a place for him on the top 12

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
We don't know the circumstances surrounding his contract situation. Maybe some teams foresaw this and offered two-way deals that he wasn't keen on taking. Maybe they weren't sure what he had left in the tank and liked his camp with us, etc.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
He knew what the stakes were in camp, he said himself he had to earn a spot in the top 12. Didn't work out for him it seems. Now he could end up in AZ or something.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I believe that is true but it does not mean teams change their mind and it's possible another Canadian team with a spot open in their cap will make that move to screw us over.. Sens can easily do that if their owner is not cheap

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

eef73d6b-f76c-4c7c-b459-6ccefbd07ad7.__CR0,0,600,180_PT0_SX600_V1___.jpg

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I believe that is true but it does not mean teams change their mind and it's possible another Canadian team with a spot open in their cap will make that move to screw us over.. Sens can easily do that if their owner is not cheap

Sens let go a couple of young interesting players on the waivers today so I would be surprised if they have a place

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Wow Samuel Morin on waivers.

I hope the Habs pick him up. He's big and can skate decently for his size. This means that he is amazing defensively.
Id pick up Morin Philidelphia playing with fire on that one id be shocked if he made it past the 1st waiver team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad