GDT: 2021 MLB Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Twins fall to 13-26 and it sure doesn't seem like there's any hope of a turnaround there. Getting smoked by the depleted by injury White Sox like that...woof...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Always hated "rookie numbers"

In baseball you have the 40-man roster plus guys on 60-day DL, plus some retired numbers, alot of players will have "rookie numbers" because half of the available numbers are going to be used.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Kevin Pillar hit in the head tonight by a fastball. He walked off under his own power.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The Twins fall to 13-26 and it sure doesn't seem like there's any hope of a turnaround there. Getting smoked by the depleted by injury White Sox like that...woof...

That just goes to show you how insanely talented that white Sox team is. When you look at the fact that they lead the majors in runs scored per game(as well as being top 5 overall in most offensive categories) despite not having Eloy Jimenez at all, then Tim Anderson has a stint ton the IL, then they lose Luis Robert long-term, and now Abreu has gotten banged up recently too...and you combine that with how well they can pitch...that’s gotta scare the hell out of the rest of the AL. The White Sox aren’t f***in’ around.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
What the hell happened to Minnesota?

Nothing works at the same time.

In one game, their bats will come to life and then their bullpen shits itself. The next game, the pitching/bullpen holds while their bats do nothing.

All you need to know is Astudillo has already pitched for them like 4 times this season. He's a position player. Also, we're not even 40 games in. Also that Mercedes home run is considered bullying in at least 30 states.

Edit: Perhaps even more painful;

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry Yake

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
White Sox 42, Twins 17 so far

94f.png

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
And this is even with the managing anchor that is LaRussa

Imagine if they still kept Renteria

Reneria was a joke of manager

TLR has been far from an issue

Larussa is clearly better than Renteria.

Doesn't make TLR any less of a crusty old dinosaur.

Look at this garbage. Yelling at Yermin for hitting a homer. What happened to "Change The Game"?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you’re gonna get upset because a guy wants to hit a home run on a 3-0 meatball off a position player pitcher in an 11-run game, then just let teams forfeit after 7 innings instead of going through that charade. Chances are the game has already taken too long. Only reason to even watch position players pitch is so you get funny after-dark baseball

Reactions: NJDevs26

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Does anyone have a video of what Manny Machado did the other night for the Padres that was so great? They wrote an article about it on the athletic, but I haven't seen the video.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Personally if i were La Russa i'd be more upset that i was stupid enough to get arrested for DUI twice but god forbid someone cranks a dinger while up 3-0 in the count.

****ing old hack. The White Sox look like a fun bunch to watch too and this old geezer has to ruin it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Baseball is a great sport to survive the many idiots in charge of it.

I just can't fathom being upset at your own guy clobberring a home run under any circumstance. f*** off with that noise.
What's the difference between swinging 3-0 and throwing a strike 0-2? I personally don't see one.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
there's nothing dumber than baseball's "unwritten rules"

yeah, throw at a guy for hitting a HR. that's just as dumb as la russa getting mad at mercedes for hitting it

Reactions: NJDevs26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad