GDT: 2021 MLB Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yes. But the problem with Astros is acting like they didn’t do anything wrong.
Honestly, who gives a shit? That's their problem, I'm not going to concern myself with that
all teams steal signs

the astros took it up like 10 notches. not the same
Yes they did, just like guys like Bauer are upping the game on cheating with foreign substances. As I said, every team cheats. The Astros were caught 2 years ago now, maybe it's time to stop whining bout it and move on

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Honestly, who gives a shit? That's their problem, I'm not going to concern myself with that

Yes they did, just like guys like Bauer are upping the game on cheating with foreign substances. As I said, every team cheats. The Astros were caught 2 years ago now, maybe it's time to stop whining bout it and move on
pitchers have been using foreign substances since the game was invented. that's not at all comparable to the cheating operation houston had going with trash cans and buzzers

easy for you as a jays fan to talk about moving on when they're not in the same division as your team

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
pitchers have been using foreign substances since the game was invented. that's not at all comparable to the cheating operation houston had going with trash cans and buzzers

easy for you as a jays fan to talk about moving on when they're not in the same division as your team
We have the guy that was behind it managing in our division.

What good does being hung up on it do? What does it accomplish? Sweet f*** all.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
We have the guy that was behind it managing in our division.

What good does being hung up on it do? What does it accomplish? Sweet f*** all.
and? do you think the sox are running a similar cheating operation?

why should we forget that they cheated? like i said, easy for you to say as a fan of a team in a different division

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
and? do you think the sox are running a similar cheating operation?

why should we forget that they cheated? like i said, easy for you to say as a fan of a team in a different division
I didn't say to forget about it, but still complaining about it at this point is just pathetic.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Let's be honest, all teams cheat, they are just the ones that got caught.
Jays seemed to know every breaking pitch to run on in the Oakland series.

Not calling that cheating as much as players will take advantage of what they know to play better and try to win.

Sep 19, 2008
lol at asking to move on from the astros scandal especially as someone who isn't even an astros fan

oh you may not see people move on from that for a long long time

Altuve recently was praised on social media for being a good guy and was eviscerated in comments for "wearing a wire" and shit like that. "WELL HE DIDN'T GO ALONG WITH BELTRAN'S SCHEME" who cares you should have spoken up and put an end to it

smh

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I get why people are upset about what HOU did. But when I look at the year they cheated(won 100+ games in the regular season and made it all the way to game 7 of the WS and won) compared to 2 years later when they weren’t cheating(also won 100+ games in the regular season and made it all the way to game 7 of the WS and lost)....I really don’t think it had a major impact or altered their performance(s) nearly as much as people make it seem.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We don't know that they weren't cheating two years ago, especially with the Altuve jersey nonsense. Baseball just as soon didn't want to get the goods on anything outside of 2017 because they wanted to sweep anything beyond that under the rug.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I get why people are upset about what HOU did. But when I look at the year they cheated(won 100+ games in the regular season and made it all the way to game 7 of the WS and won) compared to 2 years later when they weren’t cheating(also won 100+ games in the regular season and made it all the way to game 7 of the WS and lost)....I really don’t think it had a major impact or altered their performance(s) nearly as much as people make it seem.
Yeah, and cheating on someone is just biology in overdrive.

It doesn’t matter if their actions had an impact or not (they did), it was their intent and the effort they put in to try and screw everyone.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
After early hole (3-0 Twins) the White Sox have fought back and now lead 7-3 in 8th

Hopefully Sox can finish this up and get W

Still can’t believe how bad the A’s ended up fleecing Chicago in that Shark trade. Bassist is having another solid start to his year.

Yeah ,,, Well Neal Cotts helped us win a World Series!

When was last time a player acquired from Sox won a WS with Oakland?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah ,,, Well Neal Cotts helped us win a World Series!

When was last time a player acquired from Sox won a WS with Oakland?
When’s the last time a former A’s manager helped the Sox win one? Because I can name one the other way...

Getting Dye for nothing other than money probably helped a lot more than Cotts.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
When’s the last time a former A’s manager helped the Sox win one? Because I can name one the other way...

Getting Dye for nothing other than money probably helped a lot more than Cotts.

True about Dye

Forgot about that one

Still A's have won nothing from the bad trades with White Sox so why you always gotta rub it in?

You dont see me reminding Flyer fans about Sharp all the time or how Michael Leighton performed in finals

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
True about Dye

Forgot about that one

Still A's have won nothing from the bad trades with White Sox so why you always gotta rub it in?

You dont see me reminding Flyer fans about Sharp all the time or how Michael Leighton performed in finals
they beat your sox in the playoffs last season, so at least there's that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad