OT: 2021 MLB Regular Season Discussion Thread

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Who would have thought at the All- Star break. This team is gonna go down as one of my all time favorites.

Team was 41-41 and dead in the water. Then that Cole complete game and things started to shift.

Almost all of the games on this win streak haven't been easy either. Tonight was an exception.

Downside is even with all this winning they have gained only 1 game in Tampa because they also refuse to lose.

Reactions: LeedsMonster

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Team was 41-41 and dead in the water. Then that Cole complete game and things started to shift.

Almost all of the games on this win streak haven't been easy either. Tonight was an exception.

Downside is even with all this winning they have gained only 1 game in Tampa because they also refuse to lose.

even more impressive that the yanks have beaten the white Sox, Red Sox, braves, and As, while the Rays are feasting on the twins, O’s, and Phillies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
How about those Mets????!!!

Im so glad Im not invested in that dumpster fire of a franchise anymore. How much money did they pay for Lindor? LOLMets

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Dont know how many Mets vs Yankees fans are here but.. Javier Baez just assured he wont be getting a contract with the Mets

holy cow. Ive never in my life heard more egregiously stupid comments at a presser about a teams fans

if thats the attitude the Mets locker room is developing with Lindor.. then that deal will ruin the team. Move anyone who believes in this ideology that 'the fans need to be better'

the Mets have only a few wins above the Orioles since the all-star break; but yes, its us the fans who need to be better. Lmfao

edit; what a waste of a first round prospect this was

Reactions: Mgd31

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOL Baez is a jackass for making this public. They would have been better off just saying it was a Todd Frazier homage. But it shows how fragile these guys are to go to that extent, I'm sure Baez has been hearing horror stories from Lindor about the fans all year.

Even if you want to say Met fans jumped on Lindor too soon, two wrongs don't make a right. You guys want to shut the boos up, start hitting. They haven't even hit on the road. This makes Taylor Hall's cupped hand to the ear look like child's play. And Kevin Pillar doing it is rich, the guy has a .253 OBP this year and has generally been left alone by the fans cause he's insignificant crap anyway.

Reactions: Mgd31 and HyperX

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
If you paid me $30M annually, you can boo me all you want.

Soft as shit players. People are paying good money to play at an MLB allstar level and you're playing like a AA all star. Fans have every right to boo. Hit the ball if you want fans to shut up

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
LOL Baez is a jackass for making this public. They would have been better off just saying it was a Todd Frazier homage. But it shows how fragile these guys are to go to that extent, I'm sure Baez has been hearing horror stories from Lindor about the fans all year.

Even if you want to say Met fans jumped on Lindor too soon, two wrongs don't make a right. You guys want to shut the boos up, start hitting. They haven't even hit on the road. This makes Taylor Hall's cupped hand to the ear look like child's play. And Kevin Pillar doing it is rich, the guy has a .253 OBP this year and has generally been left alone by the fans cause he's insignificant crap anyway.
At least Hall had tenure; none of those youve named have

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Alderson should have been canned after the whole fiasco involving the sexual harassment allegations against the manager he hired last winter.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Alderson should have been canned after the whole fiasco involving the sexual harassment allegations against the manager he hired last winter.

Eh a lot of guys including Francona swept the Callaway nonsense under the rug. I'm not gonna ding Sandy for one underling pulling crap, but now it's a pattern. Both GM's he hired this season proved to be in order - a sexual harrasser, and a stupid drunk. Now you can hold his feet to the fire for the off-field stuff, and it's not like any of these guys were no-brainer hires - they were all first-timers!

And Sandy's been terrible with his normal POBO duties anyway, if anyone deserves to go it's him at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad