OT: 2021 MLB Regular Season Discussion Thread

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Apparently the Mets got a steal at 10 in the draft with Kumar Rocker, a RHP from Vanderbilt

Hes already going to be 22 this year, so may not be long until hes in the show

I'm amazed that Vandy can compete as well as it does in baseball. That's a tough school to attend. My kids' friends that have or are going there have all had to change their majors from their ambitious ones to some general lesser stuff. I can't imagine that playing high end D1 baseball is conducive to studying. I am very impressed if someone can handle both at that school...

Reactions: Nico Hughes

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
At least Cleveland's new name makes sense for the city

Cleveland Guardians | Cleveland Indians (mlb.com)

Apparently those bridge guardians are called the guardians of traffic lol I don't care that they changed the name but to me if you have you go into this much detail to explain everything then it shows it's a pretty bad choice. With all the creative people and artists we have in this world they should have been able to come up with something better design wise, name and logos.

It reminds me of when the Devils unveiled the current uniforms with all the explanations of what everything was on it.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Apparently those bridge guardians are called the guardians of traffic lol I don't care that they changed the name but to me if you have you go into this much detail to explain everything then it shows it's a pretty bad choice. With all the creative people and artists we have in this world they should have been able to come up with something better design wise, name and logos.

It reminds me of when the Devils unveiled the current uniforms with all the explanations of what everything was on it.
The bottom black stripe for the newark bulldogs still makes me laugh lol

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

It’s Cleveland. What were they going to go with? Factory of Sadness?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Baseball deadline week is even nuttier than the NHL FA frenzy or deadline day

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
So I love baseball, I still play it, I coach it. Its been in my life since i was 3. It is my favorite sport (Hockey is second).

As I get older and I see the things that these ultra large baseball markets are doing. I really start to believe that a hard cap with a cap floor needs to happen in Baseball. The parity of the league would be so much better. Teams this year like the Dodgers, Padres, and Yankees are just to much. Its baseball anyone can win on any given night but it just feels like the chips are so heavily stack against like 2/3rds of the league.

I know it wont happen, Baseball Owners are cheap and wouldnt want to be forced to spend to a certain number (cap floor) and the rich teams wouldnt want to be limited so they can keep building All-Star teams.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
That Field of Dreams Game was amazing.

Gave me vibes from the first ever Winter Classic Game.

Just overall a great experience and great game no matter who you are a fan of.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
That Field of Dreams Game was amazing.

Gave me vibes from the first ever Winter Classic Game.

Just overall a great experience and great game no matter who you are a fan of.

i watched a bit, it looked great...

…..now bring the decimated cubs to the field for a "let's play two" next season

..or not….no national audience wants to see a gutted team in prime time

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
Wonder if the Field of Dreams game will become a yearly thing or a one off with some other gimmick game happening next year. I really enjoyed the visuals of it all

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Wonder if the Field of Dreams game will become a yearly thing or a one off with some other gimmick game happening next year. I really enjoyed the visuals of it all
I watched all of the Twilight movies with my wife last weekend (it was her idea and I’m a huge wuss) and they should do a game in central Washington that evokes the vampire baseball scene.
Ripping the team on Twitter - the "New Age owner" at its best.

Can you imagine George Steinbrenner in the Twitter era? It would be absolutely glorious.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Yanks are 17-3 since the Rally Cat game.

That Velazquez homer made me cry too. (sap)

They looked like the most ill-constructed team I've ever seen up until they got Rizzo and Gallo. Now they can't do wrong.

I still think that when they face really top level pitching, they'll falter. LeMachina, Judge, Rizzo, Odor, Urshella, Gardner know how to have good, long at bats - but I still think Voit, Gallo, Sanchez, Torres, Wade, Velazquez, Higgy and Stanton are way too susceptible to the K against a true ace pitcher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad