WC: 2021 Latvia Roster Talk

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I'M SO HAPPY LATVIA WON!!!

One of my favourite memories was watching Canada vs. Latvia with a room full of Latvians in Sochi at the Olympics and being afraid they wanted to run me over after the game hahaha the passion is INCREDIBLE!!!

I hope you win the tournament!!!

Btw what's the name of the Latvian goal song?

Last edited:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Today's game against Canada 2:
Kivlenieks in goal

-Batna
-Krastenbergs

+Bicevskis
+Redlihs

Karsums switched up with Rih. Bukarts.

Redlihs is the better option against Kazakhstan, Bicevskis is never a good option though. It seems like Batna has banged up his knee, which is not good news, as we're left with 2 actual centermen.

Hoping Bicevskis is doing non-stop push-ups and hammer curls as we speak

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
They're going to start Punnenovs vs. Italy. Not that I'm worried about our goal, but it sure looks like a middle finger to Kalnins, who is clearly a better goalie and is among the leading goalies in the KHL.

I'm not sure if I ever agreed to joining the national team camp in the future if I were him. Which can bite us, considering most of our leading goalies are based in North America.

Also, no Redlihs and no Jaks today vs. Italy. Krastenbergs and Kulda return.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
There is some speculation in my hockey circles, that Kalnins might leave team camp/bubble due to family situation as his father passed away not that long ago and we all know how things like these might affect everyone of us, let alone if you are forced to not be together with your family at times like these.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
There is some speculation in my hockey circles, that Kalnins might leave team camp/bubble due to family situation as his father passed away not that long ago and we all know how things like these might affect everyone of us, let alone if you are forced to not be together with your family at times like these.
Well, that changes things, obviously.

That would explain it. Thanks for sharing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad