OT - NO POLITICS 2021 III - It's Spring (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Short docu about the Amish village in Florida, worth a check

We used to go to Lancaster PA often when I was growing up. Major Amish country.

There's an Amish settlement southwest of Nashville, a friend and I went there a few years ago. They have horse-drawn wagon tours that take you around to a bunch of the farms. You can go in their workshops and buy all sorts of baked goodies from the front porches.

There was a young couple on the tour with us. They were nice but the wife was super ditzy lol. We were in a workshop where the guy made cedar chests. There were shavings all over the floor, it smelled amazing. He had a huge hunk of cedar sitting off in the corner. This lady looks at it and says "do you make those chests from that??" The look on the Amish guy's face was priceless. :laugh:

She also asked how many children he had and if they were planning to have any more. :oops: No filter. o_O

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I get my second shot March 19 and have tix for Grand Rapids Griffins hockey game the 23rd... going no matter how bad I feel....in a 19,000 seat arena they're only allowing 50 seats to be sold...need a hockey fix....

Thursday March 4...8pm-12am...GWTW
That sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully you don't have a lot of side effects from dose 2.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
0E8CF8E8-D093-4084-A688-9BAD1DD51422.jpeg

Reactions: BMC and CHRDANHUTCH

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
This wind is insane. Been ripping since last night and it's not slowing down....
It’s no fun at work today and its so cold and windy that it just hurts to be alive... This is a severe test of will power, and all I have to do is get to the end of the day.

Dig deep, rfournier103. You can do it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I thought someone was breaking into my apartment last night the way my door was rattling.

I can handle the cold but this wind needs to quit

I did a pick up at BJs this morning, and when I opened my trunk to put the items away, the wind swirled and blew anything I had in there out. I was chasing plastic bags around their parking lot for ten minutes just trying not to litter.

The wind woke up my daughter Maddie at 3;30 this morning, so it's already been a long day. Any my youngest turned 9, so she was up at the crack of dawn just because...

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It’s no fun at work today and its so cold and windy that it just hurts to be alive... This is a severe test of will power, and all I have to do is get to the end of the day.

Dig deep, rfournier103. You can do it.

Days like this are when I miss living in a town that doesn't allow self service gas. Not even a shot of me going out again after venturing out earlier.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Days like this are when I miss living in a town that doesn't allow self service gas. Not even a shot of me going out again after venturing out earlier.

Same here. I had a dentist appointment at 8:30.
I’m done for the day.

On the bright side got the Bride a vaccine appointment at UMass Health in Leominster next Wednesday.

The web site that lady from Arlington set up beats the snot outta the state site.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I did a pick up at BJs this morning, and when I opened my trunk to put the items away, the wind swirled and blew anything I had in there out. I was chasing plastic bags around their parking lot for ten minutes just trying not to litter.

The wind woke up my daughter Maddie at 3;30 this morning, so it's already been a long day. Any my youngest turned 9, so she was up at the crack of dawn just because...
Your 9 year old needs to stop having birthdays. I remember when she was born.

The image of you running around gave me a good chuckle but I would have been doing the same thing.

My mom said the creaking of the house and trees kept her up all night. I'm sure the dog was snoring and slept through the entire thing.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Same here. I had a dentist appointment at 8:30.
I’m done for the day.

On the bright side got the Bride a vaccine appointment at UMass Health in Leominster next Wednesday.

The web site that lady from Arlington set up beats the snot outta the state site.
the government messes everything up. bunch of clowns

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Day 2 of Funemployment. I was going to leave the house today but the wind is telling me otherwise. Tomorrow is another day.

almost finished bingeing I Know This Much is True on HBO Max. One of my all-time favorite books. Mark Ruffalo is incredible as is, surprisingly, Rosie O’Donnell. Otherwise the mini series is really different from the book which I always find disappointing.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Either I have been identity thieved by an at home mechanic, or I have unknowingly made a $60 purchase from an online parts retailer that I have never heard of until they showed up on my statement this morning.

On hold with the bank now. Time will tell.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Either I have been identity thieved by an at home mechanic, or I have unknowingly made a $60 purchase from an online parts retailer that I have never heard of until they showed up on my statement this morning.

On hold with the bank now. Time will tell.

happened to me a couple months back

somebody got my card info and purchased 4 Xbox live accounts Totaling like $180. Who the hell needs 4 accounts???? My bank tried to give me pushback and charge me $25 when I contested those charges so I told them I’d absolutely leave their bank over that and they changed their tune reaaaaaal quick

best of luck getting through this PITA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad