Red Sox/MLB 2021 Hot Stove III - Jackie Bradley Jr. Signs w/ Brewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Nick Yorke, the Red Sox 2020 controversial first round pick who apparently is exciting team insiders with his potential, was at the plate late in the Sunday NESN game and O'Brien, who seems clueless about anything other than what's right in front of him on the field, never informed viewers who he was, where he came from, or what people think of him. It was just "Yorke." The same goes for all the other new players or prospects that filter in and out of the lineup in spring training. They are just names on the back of jerseys. A lot of interesting things could be said about these players if an announcer bothered to do his homework about the system. Instead, he'd rather talk about the broadcasting arrangements in LA or some such.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Nick Yorke, the Red Sox 2020 controversial first round pick who apparently is exciting team insiders with his potential, was at the plate late in the Sunday NESN game and O'Brien, who seems clueless about anything other than what's right in front of him on the field, never informed viewers who he was, where he came from, or what people think of him. It was just "Yorke." The same goes for all the other new players or prospects that filter in and out of the lineup in spring training. They are just names on the back of jerseys. A lot of interesting things could be said about these players if an announcer bothered to do his homework about the system. Instead, he'd rather talk about the broadcasting arrangements in LA or some such.

because it's more likely that what you see in preseason won't translate to where a prospect like Yorke eventually is assigned to.... considering there was no prospect development in 2020 at any level with any franchise

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Former Red Sox Rheal Cormier passed away today
Horrible news. Oddly enough, he popped into mind the other day. I was taking a walk the other day and we still have quite a bit of snow on the ground here in the Midwest. I remembered an interview with him when he first joined the Sox, and he relayed a story that there's often snow on the ground in early May where he grew up in Canada. I related to it because I grew up in Central Maine where the snow is often on the ground a couple of weeks into the season, but we were clear of snow in May.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
So...it's been about a week into Spring Training and so far this team looks putrid. And I fear with that clueless nerd Chaim Bloom at the helm, things are going to get worse.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Lol imagine caring about spring training games where they literally stop innings whenever they want and throw single A arms :laugh::laugh:

They also absolutely have not looked putrid. “Clueless nerd” *eyeroll*. Talk about a 96.3 caller

I admit I am overreacting. That said, you can't pretend that when Garrett Richards looks like raw ass when going up against Charlie Morton who the Sox could have had doesn't make you feel nervous.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I admit I am overreacting. That said, you can't pretend that when Garrett Richards looks like raw ass when going up against Charlie Morton who the Sox could have had doesn't make you feel nervous.

what’s there to be nervous about? The Sox aren’t expected to be WS contenders this season. Hell, if they make the playoffs it would be a success.

And it’s spring training. Like, come on.

This is the problem with Sox fans. They have zero patience. Bloom has a vision and is following through with it. Unfortunately, it’s not going to be perfect after one year. Chill out and understand that. Or don’t watch. Not sure anyone will care if you choose the latter :laugh:

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH and CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So...it's been about a week into Spring Training and so far this team looks putrid. And I fear with that clueless nerd Chaim Bloom at the helm, things are going to get worse.
He’s doing a very good job bordering on outstanding of digging out of the high payroll shallow prospects pool

the Sox prospects pool is getting deeper by the month

Astute baseball people see the returns of Machado and Arenado vs Betts and Bloom
Should get GM of the year

which brings me to this, how did Colorado GM Jeff Bridich not get Cardinals 3B prospect Nolan Gorman or at least Jordan Walker in the Arenado deal. Heck, Bloom got prospects for Mitch Moreland from SD the Orioles would have liked in the Manny Machado deal.

If the Sox crack 80 wins this year it’s a success but next year I think they are back around 90 wins

Last edited:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Now I regret that trade

One of the all-time great backstories. Cuba actually let him leave, he didn't have to defect like most other Cuban players, and then his agent was some accountant. I definitely don't regret that trade, but following the farm system in 2014 and 2015 was as good as it gets, and I would have loved to seem him play here long-term. I was super attached to those guys.

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One of the all-time great backstories. Cuba actually let him leave, he didn't have to defect like most other Cuban players, and then his agent was some accountant. I definitely don't regret that trade, but following the farm system in 2014 and 2015 was as good as it gets, and I would have loved to seem him play here long-term. I was super attached to those guys.
I was as well - living/working near Lowell and having family in Portland allowed me to see these guys coming up.

The good news is Bloom will build this up and because they will be at the payroll tax line I can see us keeping these guys or most

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
@LouJersey i was all over Betts from day one. We would get there early at minor league games and watch him. I am all over HF predicted he would be like the early Astros Morgan as a second baseman ~ good average doubles power, steals bases and GG / All Star caliber but not a RF Superstar

clearly missed a bit more then my Marchand will be good bottom 6 but I had them both good when they were in minors

the other guy I loved was Dalbec

I’m sure it’s somewhere in HF Baseball thread 3 years ago but Dalbec homered every game I went to seems and usually dead center in Lowell and it might as well been at the Polo Grounds where NY Giants played before moving to SF with 500 feet to center

Dalbec is an athlete- I’m confident he’s way way way better then Devers at third

I would bat him 7th and expect 35 homers in 500 - 550 non walk at bats

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
@LouJersey i was all over Betts from day one. We would get there early at minor league games and watch him. I am all over HF predicted he would be like the early Astros Morgan as a second baseman ~ good average doubles power, steals bases and GG / All Star caliber but not a RF Superstar

clearly missed a bit more then my Marchand will be good bottom 6 but I had them both good when they were in minors

the other guy I loved was Dalbec

I’m sure it’s somewhere in HF Baseball thread 3 years ago but Dalbec homered every game I went to seems and usually dead center in Lowell and it might as well been at the Polo Grounds where NY Giants played before moving to SF with 500 feet to center

Dalbec is an athlete- I’m confident he’s way way way better then Devers at third

I would bat him 7th and expect 35 homers in 500 - 550 non walk at bats

7:58 text this am, right in the middle of our Senyshyn chat, said Dalbec GS

hahah You are on these guys. You also wouldn't trade Duran plus for Diaz mid 2019 haha... You know these guys

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad