Racing: 2021 Formula 1 Season

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

The Vettel flex here is astonishing

Click and watch it, trust me

Watched it yesterday, soon as it started I thought "I bet Vettel wins it." As Danny Ric said, "he's a nerd"

I got as far as 1993 which is when the Senna/Prost years get all jumbled up in my head.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Watched it yesterday, soon as it started I thought "I bet Vettel wins it." As Danny Ric said, "he's a nerd"

I got as far as 1993 which is when the Senna/Prost years get all jumbled up in my head.

I tried myself. Screwed up at 1971 for whatever reason, which I definitely SHOULD have known due to the very obvious pattern in Stewart's wins. I would've missed 1966 for sure.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Vettel is a racing nerd. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Also, why does everyone love this Kimi guy!

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I tried myself. Screwed up at 1971 for whatever reason, which I definitely SHOULD have known due to the very obvious pattern in Stewart's wins. I would've missed 1966 for sure.
Got to Stewart's first title myself as well. My knowledge from 50s and 60s apart from I guess Fangio and Clark is very limited.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
One very underrated moment : Verstappen nearly missing the 1987 title winner, then saying he had better not miss that one. Nelson Piquet being his father in law.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Session restarted, looks like 6 drivers were involved and 4 of them were seen back in the pit lane and seem fine. Not sure about the other 2, but must be okay if the session is back underway

It seemed like they all lost it going up the hill when it suddenly became wet

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Session restarted, looks like 6 drivers were involved and 4 of them were seen back in the pit lane and seem fine. Not sure about the other 2, but must be okay if the session is back underway

It seemed like they all lost it going up the hill when it suddenly became wet
I'd be very surprised if they don't consider making some chances to the runoff at Eau Rouge / Raidillon. With Hubert and Correa's crash, Aitken's crash at 24 hours of Spa earlier this year and now this one, you can't really look at cars hitting the barriers and bouncing back to (or close to) the racing line as freak accidents anymore.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I'd be very surprised if they don't consider making some chances to the runoff at Eau Rouge / Raidillon. With Hubert and Correa's crash, Aitken's crash at 24 hours of Spa earlier this year and now this one, you can't really look at cars hitting the barriers and bouncing back to (or close to) the racing line as freak accidents anymore.

From the video I probably shouldn't have watched online taken by a spectator, it wasn't like the Hubert crash where he came back onto the track. They all had identical offs because of the weather conditions and it all happened inside the run-off area, nobody came back onto the racing line.

It's more comparable to the Bianchi incident where he happened to go off at the same corner as Sutil and crash into the recovery vehicle, except they all happened in much quicker succession so there's not really a lot that can be done about it except maybe moving the barriers back a bit.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
From the video I probably shouldn't have watched online taken by a spectator, it wasn't like the Hubert crash where he came back onto the track. They all had identical offs because of the weather conditions and it all happened inside the run-off area, nobody came back onto the racing line.

It's more comparable to the Bianchi incident where he happened to go off at the same corner as Sutil and crash into the recovery vehicle, except they all happened in much quicker succession so there's not really a lot that can be done about it except maybe moving the barriers back a bit.
That is true. I was referring more to the first two incidents than this one, which had more to do with the conditions than the track itself.

The fact that you can crash and bounce back to a part of the track where cars are going over 300 km/h is an issue though. The corner itself shouldn't be changed.

With how safe the cars are in any FIA run event nowadays I don't think I'd be insane to argue that even a concrete wall would be safer overall than a tyre barrier.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Wonder if that pile-up wasn't due to a bump (along with the conditions).
It had the feel of Nurburgring 2007.
But at Eau Rouge/Raidillon and cars crashing into each other.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Just watching the highlights now. f***ing why. Just do a lock up into the last corner and let George have pole

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Starting to look like no Belgian GP this year, bitter for Verstappen and Russell if so.
I'd rather have a cancelles race than a few laps behind SC to give out half points...

Yay, Russell got P2 because he managed not to crash out under Safety Car for two laps. Pretty stupid imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad