Racing: 2021 Formula 1 Season

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I think the reason Mercedes opted against pitting Hamilton at the restart was their pitbox location. With the whole grid bunched up together, Hamilton would've had to wait for everyone to go past the Mercedes box, this is why Russell jumped so many spots because Williams is towards the end of the pitlane.

Basically Mercedes gambled that the track would still be fine for a lap or two, over losing a lot of places anyway.

Reactions: MXD

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Actually it ended up being Bottas taking out Norris, Stroll taking out Leclerc, and Perez taken out by both.

Meanwhile, Latifi is 6th lol
Bottas just secured his seat for next season with that display of driving

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I can't even be mad at Bottas, he made a traditionally snoozefest track into a great race.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think the reason Mercedes opted against pitting Hamilton at the restart was their pitbox location. With the whole grid bunched up together, Hamilton would've had to wait for everyone to go past the Mercedes box, this is why Russell jumped so many spots because Williams is towards the end of the pitlane.

Basically Mercedes gambled that the track would still be fine for a lap or two, over losing a lot of places anyway.

Also avoided any issues with unsafe releases.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
An interesting development is Williams tracking for 8th place in the constructors championship.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Also, unless I get things wrong : only one national anthem on the podium for the first time since Suzuka 2016 (Rosberg with Mercedes)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
6 BIG points for Williams today. That must put them at favorites for 8th in the constructors.

But man, so happy for Esteban. He owes a big f***ing beer to Fernando for holding off Lewis though.

Just good stuff all around.

Bottas going straight at turn 1 turned out as big of a moment as Magnussen parking his car at the pitlane entry in Monza last year.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Bottas going bowling and ruining Norris' chance at winning that race. Get him out that car immediately.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
An interesting development is Williams tracking for 8th place in the constructors championship.
Alfa Romeo really dropped the ball today. What happened with Gio at the restart pitlane shuffle that he fell so far back, did Mazepin's corpse block him in the pitlane?

I feel they pitted Kimi too early too, clean air doesn't do you much good when you get stuck behind the same train anyway..

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bottas going bowling and ruining Norris' chance at winning that race. Get him out that car immediately.
Well I mean, Bottas also offered a chance for anyone else but Hamilton to win a race. Most likely a classic Hungary snoozefest without it.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Well I mean, Bottas also offered a chance for anyone else but Hamilton to win a race. Most likely a classic Hungary snoozefest without it.
tbf I don't mind if he hits other people, hitting Norris who made a fantastic start is what annoyed me

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Last race: Hamilton knocks Verstappen into a wall at 51G, gets 10 seconds, still wins the race.

This race: Bottas knocks Verstappen, Norris and Perez out of the race, gives Hamilton a free pass. Gets 5 freaking places in a grid penalty...

That's one way to leapfrog over a 32 point gap in the championship in two races...

Bottas is so bad at starts that it's dangerous to the whole field.

Very entertaining race, but leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Honestly with the cost cap and the current state of things, two mistakes by Mercedes drivers might actually win them both championships. Gross, and not a good look for the sport.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad