2021 Florida Panthers off-season thread. Free Agent Frenzy July 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
So with Bennett signed, I think we sign Reinhart and we're done; maybe one small signing close to league minimum. Unless of course we manage to move someone out (Strallman, Vatrano, possibly Nutivaara...)

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Anyone else waiting when Zito gonna move Stralman and Vatrano?

No reason to move Vatrano imo. I’m not opposed to it, because we are so deep up front, it keeping him this season would allow Denisenko to get top six minutes in Charlotte. We are a bit over $6 million in available cap space, and if that goes to Reinhart, I can see Stralman moved, to give us some cap flexibility.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I would move vatrano if we could recoup a 2nd next year draft.

hopefully Z gets a 2nd or late first for next year.. I get it win now. but u always want picks in a deep draft

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I don't see us signing both Suter and Reinhart without moving some decent money both short term (Stralman) and long term (Bob)

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Maybe got a bit out of focus about the new Sam Benett Deal, our D depth Noah Juulsen get a 1year 750k extension.

I dont know how, i dont know why. But in 2 Years this Team looks solid on the Paper. Depth Top 6, D-Zone also Goaltending, when you read the names.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
No reason to move Vatrano imo. I’m not opposed to it, because we are so deep up front, it keeping him this season would allow Denisenko to get top six minutes in Charlotte. We are a bit over $6 million in available cap space, and if that goes to Reinhart, I can see Stralman moved, to give us some cap flexibility.
We'd still have to sign someone to replace Stralman's minutes and I don't see the point in giving up a 2nd rounder for a lateral move at best. As long as Stralman stays healthy (and that's a big if), he's as good as any of the other 1-2 year stopgaps available. If there's a need to move money out on defence, Nutivaara should be the guy and he's easier to sell on a cheaper contract + younger age.

Now on the forwards front, we're far better off covering Vatrano's loss.

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Huberdeau-Bennett-Tippett
Duclair-Lundell-Hornqvist
Marchment-4C-Acciari (we need a faster pace 4C if we truly want to roll four lines, Acciari just doesn't cut it anymore)
Mamin (if he's coming back, hope so)
Lomberg

The only question mark is Lundell failing to make it (probably would mean Reinhart playing center) and even then we have other capable options. On top of that, we have two veteran bottom6 players (although I'm still hoping Acciari is on the trade market) who will always get priority over Vatrano. So realistically he's fighting for two spots, actually make that one, because Marchment is Q's favourite son. Now let's see, are we going to play the guy who just signed a multi-year extension, or the guy who's been in trade rumours and signing with another team a year from now?

It would make sense to trade him now, even if the value isn't awesome (I'd take a 3rd rounder tbh), over losing him on waivers for nothing.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Panthers may have the best top 9 in hockey but the bottom 3 of the defense is a tire fire and with goaltending such a huge potential disaster, they really need to improve it.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Gudas is a mess once Q increases his TOI to ~20mins. He needs to stay at bottom pairing minutes or Q is asking for trouble.

upload_2021-7-26_18-48-53.png

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Huberdeau-Bennett-Tippett
Duclair-Lundell-Hornqvist
Marchment-4C-Acciari (we need a faster pace 4C if we truly want to roll four lines, Acciari just doesn't cut it anymore)
Mamin (if he's coming back, hope so)
Lomberg

so you say Loustarinen, Heponiemi, Lammikko, Denisenko, Lomberg + who ever join the camp over PTO might be the Player fighting for the last Spots.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Some Buffalo fans will blow up if we re-sign Reinhart. Some definitely convinced themselves it was a rental cause of the cheap price we paid.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Some Buffalo fans will blow up if we re-sign Reinhart. Some definitely convinced themselves it was a rental cause of the cheap price we paid.
At the time the trade was made he was basically a rental. Zito only had one guaranteed year of Reinhart, and he didn’t even know for certain what that year of Reinhart was going to cost him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad