Speculation: 2021 Expansion draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Seattle is going to have a huge D core. Francis clearly wants to be a team tough to go into the corners against.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
5JJ2nXh.png

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Seattle looks like they will have good goaltending and a steady defense. That forward core is ass.

But let's see how they look after the side deals are announced.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
On ESPN their bio had WHL Seattle as the one point of note.

Yeah, that showed on the sportsnet broadcast too (I imagine it was the same one)

But you'd think the hosts would've told the crowd that this was someone who played in Seattle (well... technically Kent just outside of Seattle proper) when they were younger.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Yeah, that showed on the sportsnet broadcast too (I imagine it was the same one)

But you'd think the hosts would've told the crowd that this was someone who played in Seattle (well... technically Kent just outside of Seattle proper) when they were younger.
Ah, I see what you're saying.

DisbeliefInDW

May 12, 2021
Probably the best case scenario for the Sharks. If they finish below this absolutely awful team then I'd hope Doug realizes its time.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007

The production teams are busy applying the latest and greatest data science. No time to research unimportant Seattle facts.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Looks like Seattle took filler and minor leaguers to give them flexibility with money and term going forward. I like the plan if they use it wisely, because Seattle is a market that can probably handle 2-3 bad years like SJ did to start. Unlike Vegas who needed to be good for them to keep coming.

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
Looks like Seattle took filler and minor leaguers to give them flexibility with money and term going forward. I like the plan if they use it wisely, because Seattle is a market that can probably handle 2-3 bad years like SJ did to start. Unlike Vegas who needed to be good for them to keep coming.

If Seattle’s support of their soccer team is of any meaning.... the kraken will have an amazing fan base.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I don't know if I hate Seattle yet or not. I mean I was in Vegas before that team started playing and I actually bought a souvenir shirt. I like Hockey shirts and decided might as well get one. I don't wear it much anymore, and I accidently got bleach on it. I hope the Seattle fanbase is pretty cool and chill. I'm actually going to Seattle at the end of August so maybe I will get another shirt.

Bleach is a good start. May I suggest lighter fluid next?

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
If Seattle’s support of their soccer team is of any meaning.... the kraken will have an amazing fan base.

Traditionally, the area has a very loyal fan base for all the sports (Mariners/Seahawks/Sonics/Huskies). Factoring in the void left by the Sonics, a growing region, and proximity to Vancouver, they have great potential as a market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad