Boston Bruins 2021 Exit Day Zooms - 6/11/21

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
This team’s biggest need IMO in a legit 1st pairing LHD. Grzelcyk makes for a decent 2nd pairing partner with Carlo. If one of Lauzon or Zboril (if both are here depending of course on what player Seattle takes) supplants Grzelcyk on the second pair, that would be even better but I wouldnt expect that next year.

But having a 2-way, minute-eating, durable LHD to play with McAvoy would plug the biggest hole on the team. I don’t know who is available, but that would be my target in the off-season.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This team’s biggest need IMO in a legit 1st pairing LHD. Grzelcyk makes for a decent 2nd pairing partner with Carlo. If one of Lauzon or Zboril (if both are here depending of course on what player Seattle takes) supplants Grzelcyk on the second pair, that would be even better but I wouldnt expect that next year.

But having a 2-way, minute-eating, durable LHD to play with McAvoy would plug the biggest hole on the team. I don’t know who is available, but that would be my target in the off-season.

Alec Martinez.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I also didn’t like his response when asked about it “well he told me he was ok to go; end of story” or whatever bullshit that was. Nice try throwing Rask under the bus for the decision. He’s a competitive athlete, what do you expect him to say? What’s your f***ing job description if not to filter out the noise and make decisions in the best interest of your players and your team. Might as well just get the players to coach the f***ing team at this point.

He spent the season throwing his players under the bus. Not a fan of that approach. Especially when it was the Bergeron line's turn.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I also didn’t like his response when asked about it “well he told me he was ok to go; end of story” or whatever bullshit that was. Nice try throwing Rask under the bus for the decision. He’s a competitive athlete, what do you expect him to say? What’s your f***ing job description if not to filter out the noise and make decisions in the best interest of your players and your team. Might as well just get the players to coach the f***ing team at this point.
Yes agree, I'm done with Cassidy at this point, go get Gallant now!

Reactions: duffy and Dicky113

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
My take on this team is / it was very good this yr . I think the young defense guys fared pretty well . I think the loss of Carlo really really hurt which was compounded by Miller not being able to go as well. In a perfect world you don't want tinordi in a big game . Gryz definitely had a rough few games but I have seen him play many good playoff series against big teams so I will forgive him lol

The number one biggest issue we had was the Rask injury really started to alter his play deep in the Islanders series . Rather he played injured or our future goalie was thrown in the fire it was going to be very hard to survive .

I personally wouldn't make big changes to this team . Please sign Hall @ Krej for sure if you can get them at a good price .

Just a side note . The bruins played 8 playoff games before they lost a game in regulation . They were the last team in the playoffs to lose in regulation . Unfortunately three in a row hit at that point .

Reactions: trenton1 and PB37

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
As far as management goes Sweeney was gm of the yr a couple yrs a go and I think Cassidy has been about the most consistent coach of anyone since he has been here . You can obviously argue successfully that Trotz has done more but that is probably where it ends .

Reactions: PB37

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Goalie Tuukka Rask has a torn labrum in his hip and will require surgery. The goalie confirmed the news in his end of season media availability via a video call on Friday.

Rask, who is 34 and a free agent, reiterated his desire to play for the Bruins, and said he will not test the free agent market. He said he wants to continue playing, if his body will allow him.

“I’m up for that mentally. The physical aspect, hopefully that goes well,” Rask said, adding that he thought a January or February return to hockey would be a possible timeline.

Rask’s movement was clearly limited in net during the playoffs. That, coupled with injuries to the defense in front of him, served as a big reason why the Bruins had an early exit from the postseason.

After allowing four goals on 16 shots through two periods in Game 5 vs. the Islanders, he was replaced by Jeremy Swayman for the final 20 minutes of a 5-4 loss.

Kevan Miller, confirmed he suffered a concussion on the hit from the Capitals’ Dmitry Orlov in the first round of the playoffs. He also said it was likely that he would have been available for a Game 7 vs. the Islanders that would have been played Friday night.

Patrice Bergeron said his chronic groin issue did not hamper him, and that it “held up fine.” Entering the final year of his contract, Bergeron said he’s taking it “a year at a time.”

Left wing Taylor Hall said he sees a fit when discussing signing with the Bruins

“I don’t even know what my value is, at this point,” said Hall, who was acquired at the trade deadline.

“I feel like I had two different seasons. ... I’ve been fortunate to make some good money. ... You want to find a home for the next few years here.”

Nice to see Taylor with his Jays hat on. Just don't go to TO lol!

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I think the title head coach gives you the final say who plays and he knew or should have know Rask was not anywhere near ready to play he should start the guy who was healthy and see where it would have landed. New coach

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Brandon Carlo: maybe I initiate contact there. Um, yeah. Maybe he finally learns that.
Regardless, sounds promising with respect to Hall and Krejci, so that's encouraging.
As for Tuukka, not back until Jan/Feb anyway so it's going to be Swayman's (and Vladar's?)
net anyway for most of the year. Let's see what they do with it. Tuuk's is going to have to backup them it would seem.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
All I can say is let's get this stupid playoffs finished, award the Cup to some pukey team, then get the stupid expansion draft over too, sign Hall and Krejci and let's get the next season going already. Go Bruins!!!!

Reactions: bruins19

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I think the title head coach gives you the final say who plays and he knew or should have know Rask was not anywhere near ready to play he should start the guy who was healthy and see where it would have landed. New coach
Rask was a bad decision but I think Butch kept him in because he was outstanding up til the last 2 games. As far as the bitching about Sweeney, it's not his fault that Coyle played like he was 5 feet tall, JDB played like a scared rookie, Kase can't stay in the lineup, or that Carlo can't stay in the lineup. It's the coach that is supposed to hold players accountable or play someone who wants to be there. Does anyone on this site think that Sutter would put up with any of these guys making big dollars and mailing it in. I like what Butch did after the Clode was sent packing but his system and inability to hold players accountable makes him expendable!

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
We need a defensive coach that can teach players how to reverse hit/absorb hits.

Can Bruins message Manchuk to teach the youngins on how to lay out bodies.

Reactions: Bodit9 and BMC

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I see him as a 2nd pair guy max. I’m hoping for a real team changer - number 1 type stud.
Martinez will also be looking to up his salary from 4 million he got this year. He will be 34 in July. He is playing the top left spot on Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad