Boston Bruins 2021 Exit Day Zooms - 6/11/21

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I still wonder if Gallant or Torts could replace this guy
I would like to see Mike Velluci or Rikard Gronborg given a chance. Not household names.
Both are more than capable and can bring some fresh idea's into the organization.
Velluci has a very impressive resume with experience, including being an Assistant GM and Director of Player Development for the Canes and a Calder Cup victory in the AHL as Head Coach.

armydoc19

Sep 5, 2008
Rask, Krejci and Hall will all be back. Krejci at a decrease in AAV. Kuraly I think is gone but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him back on a cheap deal. No chance anyone around the league gives him more than 1.3M. It could be a situation Boston gets him for 700k-900k. I would still prefer to go a different route. Haven’t looked at the FA yet but I’m sure there’s more than enough players I’d rather sign for his spot.

Rask could be Swayman’s backup ;)
Actually, I could see Columbus over paying for Kuraly. Hometown guy and they're desperate for guys that want to be there. Could be a good fit.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I'm kind of frustrated at Neely and Sweeney right now with regards to Rask not being shut down and LTIR'd at the start of the season. Tuukka could have had a surgery last fall and possibly been back for the playoffs. Last fall we would have had injury space to bring in a goalie and or other assets.
This past season we went with an injured goalie, and scrambled with our backup and having rookies in our net.
This seems terribly planned out and reactive as a season went. The result was playoff run that wasn't truly what it's potential was.
Apparently the regular season and visuals are things that the Bruins organization value over substance and true playoff run capability.
Going ahead, we now know Rask isn't likely back until 2022 and this team has more questions than answers.
I'm sure any external free agent out there would not be very attracted to this situation.
Am I wrong here?

What makes you think the Bruins make the playoffs with Rask out for the season?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think we can all agree Rask did not look right for a long time. Even in the Washington series his movement was limited. I posted this several times before playoffs.

Amatuer hour not going with Swayman who was lights out before playoffs.

Bruce should be fired solely on this.

With a healthy goalie Boston has a game 7 100% or a different result.

It's the coaches job to be able to see this. We all knew after game 5 Rask was cooked. Terrible.

I don't.

He looked great in the playoffs until game 5.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
I don't.

He looked great in the playoffs until game 5.

He was not great because he did not need to be great in that series. There were plenty of times his movement and positioning was not good in that series but lucky for us Washington was a banged up team.

There was also a plethora of goals in the NYI series well before game 5 that showed he was injured and his injury was effecting him.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He was not great because he did not need to be great in that series. There were plenty of times his movement and positioning was not good in that series but lucky for us Washington was a banged up team.

There was also a plethora of goals in the NYI series well before game 5 that showed he was injured and his injury was effecting him.

I watched all the games.

I completely disagree with your assessment.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Because the top line carries the team into the playoffs. They are that good. One line teams with PP's can win regular season games.

There has not been one season with Cassidy at the helm that the Bruins finished higher in the league for goals scored as opposed to goals against. They contend because of their team defense. Under Cassidy the worst the Bruins have been is 4th in goals against.

Reactions: Dr Hook

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Rask, Krejci and Hall will all be back. Krejci at a decrease in AAV. Kuraly I think is gone but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him back on a cheap deal. No chance anyone around the league gives him more than 1.3M. It could be a situation Boston gets him for 700k-900k. I would still prefer to go a different route. Haven’t looked at the FA yet but I’m sure there’s more than enough players I’d rather sign for his spot.

Rask could be Swayman’s backup ;)

Why would you want Kuraly back after how badly the Isles 4th dominated ours?

Wagner should never play for us again too.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I also didn’t like his response when asked about it “well he told me he was ok to go; end of story” or whatever bullshit that was. Nice try throwing Rask under the bus for the decision. He’s a competitive athlete, what do you expect him to say? What’s your f***ing job description if not to filter out the noise and make decisions in the best interest of your players and your team. Might as well just get the players to coach the f***ing team at this point.

This is what I've been thinking. Cassidy had the authority to bench Rask and the duty to do so as it was clear during Game 5 that Rask's mobility was nearly nil. I'm not saying Rask lied to him about his condition. I agree 100% with you that as a fiercely competitive pro athlete Rask would have said he was fine even if he was bleeding all over Cassidy.

IMO Cassidy wussed out. Yes benching Rask would have been controversial especially if the Bruins had lost anyway. But he's the f***ing head coach, you don't leave a decision like that up to the player. Or did Cassidy do that so he'd have a scapegoat in Rask???? "well he told me he was fine so I went with him"..... I wouldn't put it past him he's so passive-aggressive IMO

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I also didn’t like his response when asked about it “well he told me he was ok to go; end of story” or whatever bullshit that was. Nice try throwing Rask under the bus for the decision. He’s a competitive athlete, what do you expect him to say? What’s your f***ing job description if not to filter out the noise and make decisions in the best interest of your players and your team. Might as well just get the players to coach the f***ing team at this point.
Did Rask downplay how bad it was affecting him or was Cassidy just that stupid? Maybe a mix of both columns.

Add to the list of whatifs another year.

Add in it sounds like we are going with the same roster next season so far if it sounds like everyone wants to return, if they do, rinse repeat. Sounds like the same story, another year older.

Reactions: bbfan419 and mjhfb

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Its times like this i wish i could just stop watching or paying attention to this team. I didit with the red sox after the strike in 94.
would end so much stress

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad