Prospect Info: 2021 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Summer of 2022, the year I cried tears of joy.
It’s hardly inconceivable, and I could absolutely suck up 12 more months of losing for that.

Wouldnt even need Wright. Lambert or Savoie would still be monstrous. I don't even know if we will be bad next year. Logan Brown clicking and all of a sudden we string a few wins and escape the basement this year let alone next. A lot of factors. But imagine escaping next year with Hughes/Eklund/Guen and Savoie/Wright/Lambert lol

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I don't think we will be bad in 2022 imo. I think Stuztle is looking primed to be an impact player next season that alone should drive us up the standings. Our prospects should also be improved now that they are getting nhl time in Bran and Zub.

It also really depends on the moves we make this summer. We have a lot of cap space with a lot of the vets being UFAs and I think there were some lesson learned. I am also a big believer in LBrown

Maybe im being optimistic but I don't see us being in the basement next season. Maybe still top 10 pick bad but lets see

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
It's too bad the draft doesn't allow for drafting younger players. There would be inherent risk in that, but it would be interesting to let teams roll the dice on even younger players. I'm sure there are flaws that will be pointed out, but selfishly it would be awesome to use our 2021 pick for a 2022 eligible player.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Lol LeBrun is reporting via The Athletic that apparently a lot of GMs are suggesting a rule that if you pick Top 3 one year you can't pick Top 3 the next year. It would be so Senators to automatically miss out on Shane Wright, Savoie and Lambert in 2022.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lol LeBrun is reporting via The Athletic that apparently a lot of GMs are suggesting a rule that if you pick Top 3 one year you can't pick Top 3 the next year. It would be so Senators to automatically miss out on Shane Wright, Savoie and Lambert in 2022.
im guessing this is only for 'winning' the lottery

like you can't win and move into the top 3 two years in a row

atleast i hope cause that doesnt seem to make sense if you are already a bottom 3 team

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Would be absurd.

I'm fine with a rule where you can't win a 1st OVR pick in back to back years, but top 3 is overkill.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
they are already seeing how much the Sens currently suck and how they will be continuing this trend and want to prevent the Sens from benefiting from being bad. If this was any other team it wouldn't even be under consideration.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
im guessing this is only for 'winning' the lottery

like you can't win and move into the top 3 two years in a row

atleast i hope cause that doesnt seem to make sense if you are already a bottom 3 team

I'm not sure but this is what it exactly says:

But I will say that from the dozen or so team executives I heard from Thursday, there was one idea that popped up more than others:
1. Improve the odds of winning the lottery for the bottom-ranked teams.
2. But in doing so, this caveat: Any team drafting in the top three one year can’t do so again the following year. Or some version of that, limiting repeat customers at the top.

Reactions: HSF

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Yeah I don't like that at all. Forcing teams out of the top three is exactly why we have issues with the current system now. Arbitrarily saying teams aren't picking top 3 when they are the worst team in the league isn't any better than doing so via the lottery.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
With sandy playing on his offside more in college we may be open to doing that in thE nhl. Play with Hughes or power

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lol I don’t know how this can be considered.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
This is so asinine. Who the hell cares if a team drafts multiple years in the top 3? Does the NHL seriously think that teams stuck in the basement for years because they can't get any elite talent in the draft is a good look for the league?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm not sure but this is what it exactly says:

But I will say that from the dozen or so team executives I heard from Thursday, there was one idea that popped up more than others:
1. Improve the odds of winning the lottery for the bottom-ranked teams.
2. But in doing so, this caveat: Any team drafting in the top three one year can’t do so again the following year. Or some version of that, limiting repeat customers at the top.

Yeah F that.

Let me guess, this idea was pushed by the Oilers?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Does it count if our top 3 pick wasn't our own??

Technically, we haven't picked in the top 3 with our own pick since Chris Phillips in 1996.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Does it count if our top 3 pick wasn't our own??

Technically, we haven't picked in the top 3 with our own pick since Chris Phillips in 1996.

Yeah it just seems like a dumb way to do things. Just creates a lot of unnecessary rules, like are you allowed to trade out of the top three then, if a team that didn't get top three in the prior year moves into the top three via a traded pick do they have the same rules, what if a team trades up into the top three of a prior year but then finishes themselves at the bottom the following year. Just seems like it would create a lot of headaches.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
If a team is the worse one year and are still the worse the next year, then that means they still need all the help they can get. We've seen that repeated top 3's don't equate to overnight success (Oilers) so, this would just further penalize teams that are struggling (ie Sens).

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Wouldnt even need Wright. Lambert or Savoie would still be monstrous. I don't even know if we will be bad next year. Logan Brown clicking and all of a sudden we string a few wins and escape the basement this year let alone next. A lot of factors. But imagine escaping next year with Hughes/Eklund/Guen and Savoie/Wright/Lambert lol
Throw in Ivan Miroshnichenko, Rutger McGroarty and Frank Nazar for the 2022 draft. There are plenty of great forwards for the Sens to target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad