Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Wtf happened to Jeff Skinner?

2018-19Buffalo SabresNHL82402363360
2019-20Buffalo SabresNHL591492318-22
2020-21Buffalo SabresNHL2211210-7
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ralph Krueger happened?

He played with Eichel and scored 40 goals. Signs a 8-year deal with 9.000M caphit.

*coaching change happens*

Krueger idea: "Let's put him to lower lines, to carry own line. Let's also take him out from the 1st PP."

Result:
15 goals in last 81 games since.

Reactions: jaster

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
And Ullmark is doing pretty good. They and the Oilers find the way to lose no matter what.

Ullmark is hurt and they've lost 9 in a row since he's been out. They were 6-8-2 before he got hurt. 6-15-4 now.

The Oil are second in their division and have their highest point% in 5 years.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
The one thing in our favor is we could legit be a seller. Glendening, Bernier and one of our D-men could be traded before the deadline. Heck if you get a good offer maybe you move Ryan or Mantha. I don't know that Buffalo can go through yet another rebuild by trading any of their core players. We have like 1 core player in Larkin.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Ullmark is hurt and they've lost 9 in a row since he's been out. They were 6-8-2 before he got hurt. 6-15-4 now.

The Oil are second in their division and have their highest point% in 5 years.

I did not know he was injured. That explains quite a bit why they have been struggling.

I am not sure the Oilers can go deep in the playoffs. They have brought in Holland to take them all the way. I think he will make it, but not this season.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Got not much help tonight. 5 teams played. Only VAN with a win

(2/10)

VAN .452 (.433)
NSH .411 (.426)
NJD .396 (.413)
ANA .379 (.393)
DET .357
SEATTLE KRAKEN

OTT .317
BUF .308 (.320)

Tomorrow's games of interest

CAR vs DET
NYI vs NJD
TOR vs OTT

Running tally -> 4/15

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Dude this Buffalo team is so damn bad it's unbelievable. Three #1OA picks in their primes, several other top 10ish draft picks across the roster, cap spent to the gills, and this is what they have to show for it. Lunacy.

Sadly I think 2nd best lottery odds might be the best we can hope for this year.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Dude this Buffalo team is so damn bad it's unbelievable. Three #1OA picks in their primes, several other top 10ish draft picks across the roster, cap spent to the gills, and this is what they have to show for it. Lunacy.

Sadly I think 2nd best lottery odds might be the best we can hope for this year.
The fact that Krueger is still somehow the coach, even after it is blatantly clear he's lost the locker room is somehow the least baffling part of it. I mean Hronek has more points than Dahlin. I know that such a comparison is based on a small sample size, but honestly I could argue that Hronek has outplayed Dahlin this year, as shocking as that might sound. If you had told me that Dahlin would have regressed this much since the 2018 I would have laughed in your face. But here we are...

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
The fact that Krueger is still somehow the coach, even after it is blatantly clear he's lost the locker room is somehow the least baffling part of it. I mean Hronek has more points than Dahlin. I know that such a comparison is based on a small sample size, but honestly I could argue that Hronek has outplayed Dahlin this year, as shocking as that might sound. If you had told me that Dahlin would have regressed this much since the 2018 I would have laughed in your face. But here we are...
I think you might find this interesting:

Is Rasmus Dahlin a bust?

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Not including the wings game, there were 2 other games in play. Devils got a point. Ottawa with the win. 3/4. Solid.

Due to tracking the % this year vs. points in past years occasionally a team (not even playing) will get moved out of the tracker due to a change in Detroit's %. Like in this case, VAN. See ya.

NSH .411
NJD .400 (.396)
ANA .379
DET .345 (.357)
SEATTLE KRAKEN

OTT .339 (.317)
BUF .308

NAS vs TBL
WAS vs BUF
VAN vs OTT

7/19

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Technically isn’t New Jersey behind us in the standings? We lead them by one in the regulation wins column. Two sites I looked at have us behind them

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Technically isn’t New Jersey behind us in the standings? We lead them by one in the regulation wins column. Two sites I looked at have us behind them

2 things....

1. This ranking thread is based on winning percentage. So it’s not trying to emulate official rankings.

2. Detroit is below New Jersey in the official ranking. NHL.com lists it that way. The first tie breaker is games played. We’ve played 4 more games.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Early games are good.

Nashville over TB. Ottawa with a point. Sabres spanked. (3/6... we’ll take it)

NSH .431 (.411)
NJD .400
ANA .379
DET .345
SEATTLE KRAKEN
OTT .344 (.339)
BUF .296 (.308)

CAR vs DET
BUF
vs NJD
ANA
vs COL

10/25

Last edited:

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Of course. Thanks

No prob. I was gonna copy and paste in the tie breaker info but am on my phone.
1. Games played
2. Regulation wins
3. Row
4. Total wins
5. Points earned vs other tied team
6. GF / GA Difference
7. GF

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Another beatdown for BUF & shutout, 6-0 on home ice. Their G looks outta shape.

upload_2021-3-15_22-33-33.png

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Well the Caps are on fire right now, 9-1 in the last 10. They got Kuz back, though they're missing Wilson and Eller.

They're so good, they make Jensen look like a legit defenseman.
242G8A10Pts+6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

and that doesn't even count his 2 assists from tonight

Reactions: Gniwder

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
The crazy thing is that Buffalo has one of the best hockey/sports markets in the US and they haven't been able to get their act together in over a decade. Sure they've never won a Cup but they have had plenty of good teams over the years (including some great goalies) and now they are approaching expansion-team level bad. They even have the franchise corner stones we have been clamoring for since Franzen was drafted, and they've done exactly nothing with them.

What would it take to bring that bust to Red Wings, Mantha +Hronek?
Done. I would even throw in this years 1st. That would be like the Drouin for Sergachev deal on steroids. We win that trade 99 times out of 100. I highly, highly doubt Dahlin is moved, but he's exactly the kind of young talent we should be poaching from other franchises: someone with immense potential but has had their value crater due to bad circumstances.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
The crazy thing is that Buffalo has one of the best hockey/sports markets in the US and they haven't been able to get their act together in over a decade. Sure they've never won a Cup but they have had plenty of good teams over the years (including some great goalies) and now they are approaching expansion-team level bad. They even have the franchise corner stones we have been clamoring for since Franzen was drafted, and they've done exactly nothing with them.

Done. I would even throw in this years 1st. That would be like the Drouin for Sergachev deal on steroids. We win that trade 99 times out of 100. I highly, highly doubt Dahlin is moved, but he's exactly the kind of young talent we should be poaching from other franchises: someone with immense potential but has had their value crater due to bad circumstances.
The only time I remember Buffalo being good was back in 05/06 when Afinogenov was on the cover of Hockey News and they also had Drury and Briere. I think Buffalo is seeing how hard it is to get rid of a losing culture right now. They have decent enough talent right now and they're still awful. Hopefully Detroit's rebuild goes a little smoother.

Reactions: 14ari13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad