Prospect Info: 2021 Draft #9 - Dylan Guenther (RW)

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I’d trade Chychrun for Corson Ceulemans and Cutter Gauthier.

Why would anyone trade Chych? Makes zero sense. Absolute cornerstone. I don't dislike Ceulemans, but he will be lucky to come near level of Chych at this moment. He'll never reach it or surpass it. And Chych isn't even done developing.

Take him and Soder, put them on the ice and don't think twice. You won't have to worry about 1/2 of top 4 pairing D for a decade. Probably the top half of those 4 at that.

---- If this was just a thought experiment then sorry, I missed something. I just don't get the fascination with moving Chych. Pretty sure every other team in the league would want him, for very good reason. And even if you get a good haul, it's SO unlikely any of them turn out as good as he is and they'll almost certainly fall short of what he will probably eventually be.

Anyway, really love Guenther. Stick him on a line with Maccelli and make sure they have a goal scoring center that can play physical, 200 ft game, win faceoffs and the sky will be the limit. So, Dvorak kind of but better. Maybe, I guess, eventually Hayton. But, well... tbd. Unless Guenther really is that center, but still skeptical.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why would anyone trade Chych? Makes zero sense. Absolute cornerstone. I don't dislike Ceulemans, but he will be lucky to come near level of Chych at this moment. He'll never reach it or surpass it. And Chych isn't even done developing.

Take him and Soder, put them on the ice and don't think twice. You won't have to worry about 1/2 of top 4 pairing D for a decade. Probably the top half of those 4 at that.

---- If this was just a thought experiment then sorry, I missed something. I just don't get the fascination with moving Chych. Pretty sure every other team in the league would want him, for very good reason. And even if you get a good haul, it's SO unlikely any of them turn out as good as he is and they'll almost certainly fall short of what he will probably eventually be.

Anyway, really love Guenther. Stick him on a line with Maccelli and make sure they have a goal scoring center that can play physical, 200 ft game, win faceoffs and the sky will be the limit. So, Dvorak kind of but better. Maybe, I guess, eventually Hayton. But, well... tbd. Unless Guenther really is that center, but still skeptical.
You’re really not gonna like the Chychrun mega threads.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
You’re really not gonna like the Chychrun mega threads.

LOL. You are correct. I brushed through it recently. I am absolutely so perplexed by this obsession to try to figure out how to lose one of the teams best players. Seems quite self defeating and masochistic.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I can't see Guenther playing center in his rookie year.

Yea, same. I think he'll at least start out mostly at wing once he's brought in. MAYBE after 2-3 years they can turn him into a center, but I would think it unlikely.

rt

May 13, 2004
LOL. You are correct. I brushed through it recently. I am absolutely so perplexed by this obsession to try to figure out how to lose one of the teams best players. Seems quite self defeating and masochistic.
I guess you don’t follow the national hockey media? Sportsnet and TSN? 100% of the most credible tier of hockey insiders on the big national networks have been talking about it as a foregone conclusion for months.

Understanding that it is happening isn’t the same as wanting it to happen. Like getting strangled to death by an anaconda. Acknowledging it’s happening doesn’t mean you’re happy about it.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The Cdn sports media is slanted against Arizona. Just because they say Chychrun is on the block doesn’t make it do. He’s the last big trading chip on the team so rumors are inevitable.

Reactions: brakeyawself

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I guess you don’t follow the national hockey media? Sportsnet and TSN? 100% of the most credible tier of hockey insiders on the big national networks have been talking about it as a foregone conclusion for months.

Understanding that it is happening isn’t the same as wanting it to happen. Like getting strangled to death by an anaconda. Acknowledging it’s happening doesn’t mean you’re happy about it.

ROFL!!!! I can't. Yea... I do watch and follow hockey "media", general sports "media", political "media", pop culture "media" , social "media" and that's ALL it is, "media" to be consumed like popcorn. It's not "journalism". That's why it's called "popcorn journalism". Why would anyone bank on the current sophistry and solipsism of modern "media"? Of "journalists" with their heads perpetually up their ass? Please....

Like 75% of modern media is not journalism, it's punditry, tabloid, it's op-ed. I don't care if we are talking about TSN, ESPN, CNN, MSNBC, FOX ...... 24 hour "news" has abstracted the entire concept of "news". You can't fill 24 hours a day with current factual journalism. It's IMPOSSIBLE. So in order to run a 24 hour "news" network, you need to fill most of that day with, opinion, tabloid, hyperbole, op-ed. Go ahead, take it as a foregone conclusion. I'll wait until it actually happens.

But either way, Yotes brass would be making a huge mistake if they did move him. It wouldn't shock me. GM's make dumb decisions all the time. But your trust level in modern "media" is...... unfortunate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaizen

rt

May 13, 2004
ROFL!!!! I can't. Yea... I do watch and follow hockey "media", general sports "media", political "media", pop culture "media" , social "media" and that's ALL it is, "media" to be consumed like popcorn. It's not "journalism". That's why it's called "popcorn journalism". Why would anyone bank on the current sophistry and solipsism of modern "media"? Of "journalists" with their heads perpetually up their ass? Please....

Like 75% of modern media is not journalism, it's punditry, tabloid, it's op-ed. I don't care if we are talking about TSN, ESPN, CNN, MSNBC, FOX ...... 24 hour "news" has abstracted the entire concept of "news". You can't fill 24 hours a day with current factual journalism. It's IMPOSSIBLE. So in order to run a 24 hour "news" network, you need to fill most of that day with, opinion, tabloid, hyperbole, op-ed. Go ahead, take it as a foregone conclusion. I'll wait until it actually happens.

But either way, Yotes brass would be making a huge mistake if they did move him. It wouldn't shock me. GM's make dumb decisions all the time. But your trust level in modern "media" is...... unfortunate.
:huh:

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006

Yea.... I guess if you don't understand then you really are attached to the tabloid journos. Can't really help you there. You wouldn't be the only one stuck in such a bubble.

I will try to simplify this..... just because the "media" says something, doesn't mean it's true. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. They might be saying it, yet it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the Yotes as an organization or for the team on the ice or for what they are trying to build. Unless they just aren't trying to improve and prefer perennial top of the draft instead of competing. So why would the "media" be saying these things?

So what I have read in the "news" is that there is a lot of "speculation", a lot of pre-trade deadline rumors and "a lot of teams are interested". I don't think anything about that means the Coyotes are going to trade him. I don't think anything about that means the Coyotes even want to trade him. Just because they are talking about it and some pundits are practicing their midseason, humdrum, we need some headlines, we need more readership, razmataz, sell more adspace, check your watch, when are playoffs going to start rumor mill nonsense, doesn't mean he's likely going anywhere else. I am not sure what reason there is to believe any of it, UNLESS, something is actually happening within the organization. Unless something is happening between Chychrun and the organization where he wants out, or they want him out, or he's causing problems in the locker room, or he and the coach or GM don't get along etc... Otherwise, it's very likely, that it is genuinely all just media spin, empty rumors and speculation. Because I can't find an actual reason the Coyotes would want to move him, nor could I find a reason he would want to so badly leave the Coyotes. It's not like he's 31 and upset that he hasn't won a cup yet or took the Tony DeAngelo 4 week "How to alienate yourself from friends and teammates" class.

In 2022, unfortunately, not because HE said it, but "fake news" is a real thing. It's a stupid thing. An unfortunate thing. I spitefully wish it weren't just because it means HE was correct. But it's just a fact. The "journalists" make up a great many things to sell copy. And it's no different within the sports media. Maybe even more so because there's only so much sport worth covering. And speculation and baseless stories become a pretty regular occurrence around the trade deadline in the 7 major global sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: LosPollosHermanos

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
will try to simplify this

Me too...

Lol! Cut down on the caffeine! You're not as smart or witty as you think you are. Smartest person in the room syndrome is unappealing. It's not smart really, it's opinionated. Everyone understands the media, it's just that this is hockey (entertainment) not the world news.

Lighten up!

Last edited:

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Me too...

Lol! Cut down on the caffeine! You're not as smart or witty as you think you are. Smartest person in the room syndrome is unappealing. It's not smart really, it's opinionated. Everyone understands the media, it's just that this is hockey (entertainment) not the world news.

Lighten up!

Oh dear. Projection abounds.

When did I ever suggest I am the "smartest person in the room"? When did I ever suggest I am smart or witty? You make a lot of presumptions. I am just genuinely being me. No caffeine. Nothing but just genuine me. If you can't handle it, not my problem. I'm not going to watch myself worrying about people who think things like "smartest person in the room." That thought has genuinely never crossed my mind. You're the only one worrying about "smartest person in the room." You know how I know? Because you're the one that brought that up, not me.

"Unappealing" hahahahaha. Listen little lamb, if I gave a damn about "appealing" to a bunch of dudes, and perhaps some ladies, on a hockey forum, I would be a tiny, tiny person indeed. Those kind of thoughts literally do not weigh on me at all. Perhaps you should spend less time worrying about what people think of you and more time paying attention and using your brain. Maybe you would have more to say. Or more insight at least. Rather than just projecting your insecurity and your lack of confidence. Rather than worrying about who the smartest person in the room is. It would seem to me the only people who worry about who the smartest people in the room are, are people who want to be the smartest people in the room. That's not my goal. Nor does it interest me in the least.

You don't like my thoughts, I could care less. You sound jealous honestly. I don't quite know why. But that's what you are coming off as . I am just speaking my mind. You can call it opinion if you like, everything everyone says is technically "opinion". My "opinion" just seems to be more informed than yours. Maybe you should spend less time worrying about what people think of you and worrying about who's smarter, and focus more on the actual topic. Ad hominem isn't any kind of argument.

"Everyone understands the media", clearly not. If that were the case then people wouldn't automatically assume that something being spoken about often in the media is likely to happen just because it's being spoken about often.

Hockey entertainment, world news...... doesn't change the premise.

Anyway, how about you take your ego, take your pride and do something productive with it instead of worrying about what I am doing. If you disagree with me, if you think something I said, something about the actual topic, is incorrect, then give me a valid argument. Then explain it with words. Using that oh so big brain of yours. Because, it's so obvious. YOU are the smartest person in the room. I'm talking about hockey. Well, and the media... a little bit.

sundance74

Oct 13, 2013
North of Puszta
Oh dear. Projection abounds.

When did I ever suggest I am the "smartest person in the room"? When did I ever suggest I am smart or witty? You make a lot of presumptions. I am just genuinely being me. No caffeine. Nothing but just genuine me. If you can't handle it, not my problem. I'm not going to watch myself worrying about people who think things like "smartest person in the room." That thought has genuinely never crossed my mind. You're the only one worrying about "smartest person in the room." You know how I know? Because you're the one that brought that up, not me.

"Unappealing" hahahahaha. Listen little lamb, if I gave a damn about "appealing" to a bunch of dudes, and perhaps some ladies, on a hockey forum, I would be a tiny, tiny person indeed. Those kind of thoughts literally do not weigh on me at all. Perhaps you should spend less time worrying about what people think of you and more time paying attention and using your brain. Maybe you would have more to say. Or more insight at least. Rather than just projecting your insecurity and your lack of confidence. Rather than worrying about who the smartest person in the room is. It would seem to me the only people who worry about who the smartest people in the room are, are people who want to be the smartest people in the room. That's not my goal. Nor does it interest me in the least.

You don't like my thoughts, I could care less. You sound jealous honestly. I don't quite know why. But that's what you are coming off as . I am just speaking my mind. You can call it opinion if you like, everything everyone says is technically "opinion". My "opinion" just seems to be more informed than yours. Maybe you should spend less time worrying about what people think of you and worrying about who's smarter, and focus more on the actual topic. Ad hominem isn't any kind of argument.

"Everyone understands the media", clearly not. If that were the case then people wouldn't automatically assume that something being spoken about often in the media is likely to happen just because it's being spoken about often.

Hockey entertainment, world news...... doesn't change the premise.

Anyway, how about you take your ego, take your pride and do something productive with it instead of worrying about what I am doing. If you disagree with me, if you think something I said, something about the actual topic, is incorrect, then give me a valid argument. Then explain it with words. Using that oh so big brain of yours. Because, it's so obvious. YOU are the smartest person in the room. I'm talking about hockey. Well, and the media... a little bit.
Oh boy, did I really pay attention? So many words, but nothing about hockey - especially nothing about Guenther. Lets move on back to topic...

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Oh boy, did I really pay attention? So many words, but nothing about hockey - especially nothing about Guenther. Lets move on back to topic...

lol sorry, that was meant for Kai "I want to be the smartest in the room" Yo T only. Just in response to his infatuation with me.

Back to hockey indeed.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
It's alcohol actually. Thought we could be drinking buddies.

Acid mostly. Microdosing. Not big on alcohol. I have to drink way too much. Mostly just vodka if anything. Nice scotch once in a while. No beer though. Cant stand it.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
UMc0.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad