Prospect Info: 2021 Developmental Camp

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Too much talent is never a problem. Stuff happens, whether an injury or a trade opportunity that requires a big return.
it's a problem if it's homogenous... There's only so many skill spots on a roster.

I said it last year, we were one of the most talented teams in the league.... yet we were not a good team.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
it's a problem if it's homogenous... There's only so many skill spots on a roster.

I said it last year, we were one of the most talented teams in the league.... yet we were not a good team.

Yup. Diversity was one problem.

Coaching was another. We would have gotten into the playoffs with a better coach even with everything that went wrong. We would have gotten ousted quickly with a better coach with the roster we had because it just wasn't rounded enough.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
See, imo that actually would be a problem, because we can't get rid of Trouba at that point. On the other hand, Schneider will be ready when he is and I doubt he'll enjoy marinating in the AHL for 3 years ... it's gonna be very interesting what's gonna happen on defense in the next years.

Ya we can, between Fox, Lundqvist and Schneider we will be in good hands in 2 years. Lundkvist isn't a kid, Schneider is way ahead in development for his age, I'd have no problem with moving Trouba then, and if you get in some kind of trouble with one of them add a vet d for a year on the cheap. Jones is capable of playing on the right side as well.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Ya we can, between Fox, Lundqvist and Schneider we will be in good hands in 2 years. Lundkvist isn't a kid, Schneider is way ahead in development for his age, I'd have no problem with moving Trouba then, and if you get in some kind of trouble with one of them add a vet d for a year on the cheap. Jones is capable of playing on the right side as well.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Trouba has an NMC for the next three years, we literally can't move him!!! Jesus H Christ.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

I don't think we had anywhere near one of the most talented teams. I think we had a team that in the future will become very talented. The pieces appear to be there, but they weren't all shining, yet.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
There is zero need to rush these kids. The NMC vets aren't going anywhere barring a buyout, so there's no real incentive to throw them into the NHL before they're 100% ready. We've made this mistake before so many times.

Barron can play 4th line minutes now, but I'd rather he get a bit more development time (i.e. top line minutes in Hartford) to get closer to his ceiling than staying near his floor. Same with a kid like Schneider. Looks great, but more time will not hurt.

Reactions: The Sweetness

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Turned it off after the first

Would’ve hung with it to see the boys but I had shit to do. If the camera work was better - f*** it - if it was decent, I would’ve watched the second.

Judging by the threads at the top we didn’t come back.

Any other highlights??? Nils? Schneids?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad