2021 Coyotes Roster Discussion Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
DeBrusk, Studnicka, Lohrei, 22 1st

I couldn't pass that up. Even if DeBrusk has very little value at this point.
I’d probably have to accept it, even though I hate it. It’s such an overpay. I can’t see them offering it. But I wouldn’t want to take less.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I’d probably have to accept it, even though I hate it. It’s such an overpay. I can’t see them offering it. But I wouldn’t want to take less.

I don't think it's much of an overpay. Studnicka isn't holding down a regular spot and he's 22. DeBrusk is a continual disappointment. Lohrei is climbing and the 22 1st is a nice piece of value, but it's still years away from helping.

Meanwhile Boston gets a PPG winger with the highest 'try' in the league. I shudder to think the type of points he'd put up playing for his hometown team with all that talent and competent coaching.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Why do people keep saying ppg player? It's a 68 point pace presently for 82 games. Yes I know it's painful that I pick on unfactual assertions.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Well that escalated quickly, not a fan of facts I guess?? Can he play LW? Definitely a spot there!!!
He's 25. Over 25 is 26 or more, not 11 days over 25. He's still under team control and our best forward at...25. He is someone we should keep imo. Sometimes your posts are all anti-Coyote and you're a Leafs fan that posts here. It's just weird. Did they kick you off the Leafs board?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He's 25. Over 25 is 26 or more, not 11 days over 25. He's still under team control and our best forward at...25. He is someone we should keep imo. Sometimes your posts are all anti-Coyote and you're a Leafs fan that posts here. It's just weird. Did they kick you off the Leafs board?
Never been to Leaf board. In reality this season is probably toast. When next season begins Garland will be closer to 26. That's why I questioned how he fits the description. Heck if you are keeping all 25 year olds you might be keeping the whole band together except OEL.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Never been to Leaf board. In reality this season is probably toast. When next season begins Garland will be closer to 26. That's why I questioned how he fits the description. Heck if you are keeping all 25 year olds you might be keeping the whole band together except OEL.

OEL, Kessel, one or both of the goalies if they can stay healthy through a damn negotiation and all the guys on their last year before you move Garland imo.

If you really want to be a Coyote fan, you should go rip on Matthews on the Leafs board like you do to the Coyotes here. Maybe you'll convince them he should be traded to us.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
OEL, Kessel, one or both of the goalies if they can stay healthy through a damn negotiation and all the guys on their last year before you move Garland imo.

If you really want to be a Coyote fan, you should go rip on Matthews on the Leafs board like you do to the Coyotes here. Maybe you'll convince them he should be traded to us.
I didn't rip on anyone. Simply questioned how you wanted to trade everyone "over 25" while wanting to build around a guy who is over 25. You should take a deep breath and discuss what I write rather than throw shit towards me without reason.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Why trade. He signs as a UFA in 4 years.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think you might be right on this one.
Better for rt to just throw out obvious bs answers than actually read the discussion. I like Garland, worry about next contract, and just questioned your number. Nothing malicious intended.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I really do not want to trade any young player of value, or even OEL until we get a new HC.

I still believe that this team can be decent with a new HC and a couple more pieces from free agency.

Dvorak looks like he could be like ROR, Garland is Marchand lite. Keller is showing the flashes of being Kane lite like we saw his first year. Schmaltz has been good, and Chychrun looks like he could be a top 5 D in the league.

It's a good, but not great base. I want to see what BA can mold it into. And I am sooooo tired of the continuous rebuild. We're coming up on 10(!) Years.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I really do not want to trade any young player of value, or even OEL until we get a new HC.

I still believe that this team can be decent with a new HC and a couple more pieces from free agency.

Dvorak looks like he could be like ROR, Garland is Marchand lite. Keller is showing the flashes of being Kane lite like we saw his first year. Schmaltz has been good, and Chychrun looks like he could be a top 5 D in the league.

It's a good, but not great base. I want to see what BA can mold it into. And I am sooooo tired of the continuous rebuild. We're coming up on 10(!) Years.
I'd like Schmaltz to play that Kane role from the wing and get a #1 center (I know how unlikely that is). Then have Schmaltz and Garland as your top two RWs. They'll have a lot of cap space this off season. Is it possible to get a center and LW good enough to play in the top six with Dvo, Schmaltz, Garland and Keller? Using the guys we have and top prospects to fill the bottom six would look a lot better than this year's group.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I'd like Schmaltz to play that Kane role from the wing and get a #1 center (I know how unlikely that is). Then have Schmaltz and Garland as your top two RWs. They'll have a lot of cap space this off season. Is it possible to get a center and LW good enough to play in the top six with Dvo, Schmaltz, Garland and Keller? Using the guys we have and top prospects to fill the bottom six would look a lot better than this year's group.
Theoretically, yes. RNH is a FA. There's several top 6 wingers available too. Realistically I don't see RNH signing here. Other than RNH there aren't really any Cs who I think are clearly better than Schmaltz.

I'm hoping for 1 top 6 W, a 2/3 W tweener and RHD (or two) who complements Chychrun and OELs style.

Reactions: SpaceCoyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I just don't see any offer coming that would be worth losing our only semi-proven young scorer. The prospect would have to be "can't miss" for a start. Even if we are rebuilding again, Garland is the right age and talent to start rebuilding with. We should be looking at all the guys over 25 to trade for a rebuild.
EVERY player on this team is available for the right price, or better be. I love Garland, but I'm worried about injuries because of the way he plays. I would trade almost any player on this team before I would trade Garland, but he might make the most sense because of the return.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Based on Friedman's comments in his latest podcast, it sounds like he thinks both Goligoski and Demers will be moved.

He also connected Boston to Garland.

He also said Detroit may move Bertuzzi. That is a player who I would love to add.

Reactions: moosemeister

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Would love to add Tyler Bertuzzi. Why would Detroit move him?

Yeah that's a confusing one. I don't think we have the assets to give up though. Garland wouldn't even be a rumor is we had some damn picks. Detroit has kept all of theirs since falling out of the playoffs (gee whiz!). If anything you would think they would like to begin adding to the core and keep Bertuzzi around to protect the kids coming up.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'm sure I will get flamed, but moving OEL and Garland for prospects drafted between 2017-2019, players in their early 20's and some picks would really help replenish what Chayka sold. Garland should be looked at as a free asset coming from the 5th round. Do I want to keep him, absolutely. If we could get a similar haul from Schmaltz or Keller I would much prefer to pull the trigger on one of them, but Schmatlz is producing below a 50 point pace, and Keller is making 7m a year.

I want to see a lot of this core with a new coach. I don't believe Garland will become that much better with a new coach as he seems coach proof and is already putting up more points than I could have ever hoped for.

If we can move Garland and OEL for 2 young defensemen, 2 young forwards and 2 1st round picks does anyone say no?
Scramble these players and take 2 forward and 2 defensemen:
Beauviller, DeBrusk, Vaakanainen, Dobson, Studnicka, Bellows

We can add goalies, or vet defensemen and take back contracts in order to balance anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad