WJC: 2021 Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Maybe they're not practicing to protect the players who has Covid? Pretty easy to figure out who has Covid just looking at who's not on the ice.

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
I looked in here and elsewhere. Mostly lazy lol
Scrimmage 1
EnY3K57XcAgz4kd

Scrimmage 2
EndveqJVoAAo4Pp

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Yesterday Alberta declared their second covid-19 state of emergency for the province. What will this look like for being able to host the World Junior tournament? Is it even still possible?

Canada had two players who tested positive for covid-19. One would have to think that it's a possibility that they are not roommates. So not only those players, but they're roommates will have to be in isolation for 14 days from close contact. One would think other players on the team would thus be in isolation from close contact also.

Some "bubble" you're running there team Canada...

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Yesterday Alberta declared their second covid-19 state of emergency for the province. What will this look like for being able to host the World Junior tournament? Is it even still possible?

Canada had two players who tested positive for covid-19. One would have to think that it's a possibility that they are not roommates. So not only those players, but they're roommates will have to be in isolation for 14 days from close contact. One would think other players on the team would thus be in isolation from close contact also.

Some "bubble" you're running there team Canada...
Canada isn’t fully in a bubble yet.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Canada isn’t fully in a bubble yet.
There were issues with NHL players before they quarantined (remember Tampa?) but, once they got in the bubble, things ran smoothly. All of the different countries playing in the WJR's should foot the cost of bubbling early.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
One man's opinion
Projecting Team Canada's World Junior Roster - The Prospect Network

And here’s the final roster if Alexis Lafreniere is allowed to play:
  • Line 1: Lafreniere-Dach-McMichael
  • Line 2: Perfetti-Cozens-Quinn
  • Line 3: Newhook-Byfield-Krebs
  • Line 4: Holloway-Zary-Mercer
Extras: Tomasino, Poulin
  • Pairing 1: Byram-Drysdale
  • Pairing 2: Harley-Schneider
  • Pairing 3: O’Rourke-Korczak
Extras: Robertson, Barron
  • Goalie 1: Dylan Garand
  • Goalie 2: Taylor Gauthier
Extra: Devon Levi

I don't mind the forwards in either scenario. Not sure I'd put Quinn ahead of Tomasino at this time. I might switch them in both scenarios. I would probably take Pelletier over Poulin.. Newhook vs Krebs at C.. may flip that.
On D. I would have Korczak vs Shnneider as the near lock. I would put Guhle ahead of O'Rourke. I think I would take Spence over Barron just for his puck moving ability in case Drysdale goes down .

That’s a damn strong lineup even without Lafreniere.

Wishywashy20

Nov 23, 2020
If there was any news, good or bad, I'm sure we'd hear - no news is good news. They were probably caught off guard with the positive cases and they're trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together, again.

I know quarantining is expensive, but I still think they should start early.

Hockey Canada can afford any expense.
I would love to hear who tested positive and what is their story.
A little too hush hush

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I would love to hear who tested positive and what is their story.
A little too hush hush

It’s none of our business unless the players want it to be public knowledge. Which I doubt either of them would.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I'm sure they could but why pay for other countries? Just ensure our players are bubbled early.

If our players had to come down with Covid, just be grateful it's 30 days before the tournament starts.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Just got an update on my TSN app, Hockey Canada camp shut down for two week quarantine due to the 2 positive tests.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Essentially shutdown until they enter the bubble. That is a massive hit to this teams chances. Every single player just sitting in a hotel room for 2 weeks lol

hockeyanalyst99

Dec 22, 2017
2 coaches tested positive, assistant coach and goalie coach. 2 days later, 2 players tested positive. Not to mention, Ridley Greig was tested positive earlier. This is like 5 out of 50 staff and players,
it is a 10% infection. OMG, what can i say!!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Essentially shutdown until they enter the bubble. That is a massive hit to this teams chances. Every single player just sitting in a hotel room for 2 weeks lol
Re : "That is a massive hit to this team's chances."

Not sure it's a massive hit given how easy our Round Robin schedule is. Unfortunately, we lost our advantage.

They start practicing on December 6th, have 2 weeks of practice, exhibition games, and 3 easy round robin games before NYE, so we'll be fine.

Having said that, Hockey Canada really <bleeped> the bed. What were they thinking not doing a better job of testing everyone / keeping the kids safe?

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Just got an update on my TSN app, Hockey Canada camp shut down for two week quarantine due to the 2 positive tests.
It might be shorter if the kids recover quick and start testing negative - that's my opinion, not what I've read.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: horner

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Owen Power's coach is saying, "I told you staying here was what's best for you". Unfortunately, he was right! :(

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It might be shorter if the kids recover quick and start testing negative - that's my opinion, not what I've read.

I doubt it. The 14 day period is apparently the baseline for maximum time you might contract it to the point of positive test. If that's true(I have no clue, not an epidemiologist), then a negative test in the next 13 days means nothing in theory, and they'll be in quarantine for 14 days. Given they already announced the 14 day quarantine that seems like it's the certain path.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I doubt it. The 14 day period is apparently the baseline for maximum time you might contract it to the point of positive test. If that's true(I have no clue, not an epidemiologist), then a negative test in the next 13 days means nothing in theory, and they'll be in quarantine for 14 days. Given they already announced the 14 day quarantine that seems like it's the certain path.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad