WJC: 2021 Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
Why not postpone the tournament until March or April? Who cares when it is played and by then the vaccines will be out and hopefully working.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
One man's opinion
Projecting Team Canada's World Junior Roster - The Prospect Network

And here’s the final roster if Alexis Lafreniere is allowed to play:
  • Line 1: Lafreniere-Dach-McMichael
  • Line 2: Perfetti-Cozens-Quinn
  • Line 3: Newhook-Byfield-Krebs
  • Line 4: Holloway-Zary-Mercer
Extras: Tomasino, Poulin
  • Pairing 1: Byram-Drysdale
  • Pairing 2: Harley-Schneider
  • Pairing 3: O’Rourke-Korczak
Extras: Robertson, Barron
  • Goalie 1: Dylan Garand
  • Goalie 2: Taylor Gauthier
Extra: Devon Levi

I don't mind the forwards in either scenario. Not sure I'd put Quinn ahead of Tomasino at this time. I might switch them in both scenarios. I would probably take Pelletier over Poulin.. Newhook vs Krebs at C.. may flip that.
On D. I would have Korczak vs Shnneider as the near lock. I would put Guhle ahead of O'Rourke. I think I would take Spence over Barron just for his puck moving ability in case Drysdale goes down .

Wishywashy20

Nov 23, 2020
One man's opinion

• Goalie 2: Taylor Gauthie

I don't mind the forwards in either scenario. Not sure I'd put Quinn ahead of Tomasino at this time. I might switch them in both scenarios. I would probably take Pelletier over Poulin.. Newhook vs Krebs at C.. may flip that.
On D. I would have Korczak vs Shnneider as the near lock. I would put Guhle ahead of O'Rourke. I think I would take Spence over Barron just for his puck moving ability in case Drysdale goes down .

I think they need to find room for Pelletier.
I haven’t seen Quinn do enough so to me he needs to pick it up.
I don’t see Wright to make it this year.Rees would be ahead of him.
Other that that it is a good representation of the team.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Covid is a joke??? Go tell that to all the families that have lost a love one because of Covid. I guess compassion and empathy is not one of your strength! :rolleyes:
Sure. Have fun staying inside the rest of your life while people like you push for unprecedented levels of suicide & depression this winter over a bad flu w/ a 99.997% survival rate for those younger than 70 (CDC stats).

Reactions: hn777

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
One man's opinion

• Goalie 2: Taylor Gauthier

So basically if Laf is allowed to play, Wright is cut?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Why not postpone the tournament until March or April? Who cares when it is played and by then the vaccines will be out and hopefully working.

It's a tournament, so you can create a rather good bubble for it. Let them play next month as scheduled.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Who says they are 1st to get it? They probably won’t get it till June if that as hopefully it first goes to sick, vulnerable doctors etc.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Sure. Have fun staying inside the rest of your life while people like you push for unprecedented levels of suicide & depression this winter over a bad flu w/ a 99.997% survival rate for those younger than 70 (CDC stats).
Whoa.

Let's keep this to hockey, please.

Last edited:

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
I'd rather straight up cancel the whole thing if we're not going to have this at Christmas. The world juniors in Canada is as much Christmas as egg nog and Rudolph's red nose. The week between Christmas & New Year's is meant for sitting in front of the TV/fireplace w the WJC on!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
As of last night there were no practices/training planned for today but still frustrating that there hasn’t at least been an update.
They're probably trying to figure out what to do themselves. They have a full 30 days until the tournament opens so they will take it slow and steady.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It is a bit strange that there hasn't been more information regarding the status of the camp. Rishaug posted that the expectation is that the camp can continue for the most part. I did see this today:

IIHF - World Juniors gets its game officials

The WJC refs are all Canadian (or based in Canada at least, as emphasized in the article) this year. Needless to say we were hear endless complaints about this before the tournament and after any game that Canada wins.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It is a bit strange that there hasn't been more information regarding the status of the camp. Rishaug posted that the expectation is that the camp can continue for the most part. I did see this today:

IIHF - World Juniors gets its game officials

The WJC refs are all Canadian this year. Needless to say we were hear endless complaints about this before the tournament and after any game that Canada wins.
If there was any news, good or bad, I'm sure we'd hear - no news is good news. They were probably caught off guard with the positive cases and they're trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together, again.

I know quarantining is expensive, but I still think they should start early.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad