Ryan O’Rourke

Possible Goalies:
Dylan Garand
?

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Daws isn't eligible and neither is Jones. The forward group is ridiculously deep...I didn't really concern myself with handedness or anything. Defense is a bit up in the air but Drysdale should dominate next year and I have no clue on the goalies.

Krebs-McMicheal-Perfetti
Holloway-Pelletier-Mercer
Newhook-Tomasino-Rees
Zary-Tomasino-Poulin

Byram-Drysdale
Harley-Schneider
Robertson-Barron

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Daws isn't eligible and neither is Jones. The forward group is ridiculously deep...I didn't really concern myself with handedness or anything. Defense is a bit up in the air but Drysdale should dominate next year and I have no clue on the goalies.

Krebs-McMicheal-Perfetti
Newhook-Tomasino-Rees
Zary-Tomasino-Poulin

Byram-Drysdale
Harley-Schneider
Robertson-Barron

You’re right. For some reason I thought they were 2001 born goalies. Will change that.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Krebs-McMicheal-Perfetti
Newhook-Tomasino-Rees
Zary-Tomasino-Poulin

Byram-Drysdale
Harley-Schneider
Robertson-Barron
You have Tomasino twice

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Krebs-McMicheal-Perfetti
Newhook-Tomasino-Rees
Zary-Tomasino-Poulin

Byram-Drysdale
Harley-Schneider
Robertson-Barron

I know the recent trend is the top 2 picks play immediately after being drafted, but if we somehow got Byfield back as well to add to that forward group then we’re easily the heavy favourites.

I mean, we’ll already be favourites but add in Byfield is back I would be ecstatic.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I was just compiling players to make this thread, you beat me to it!

My possible forwards look like this:
*Alexis Lafreniere
*Dylan Cozens
*Quinton Byfield
*Kirby Dach
Connor McMichael
Dawson Mercer
Jamison Rees
Connor Zary
Cole Perfetti
Dylan Holloway
Peyton Krebs
Alex Newhook
Philip Tomasino
Brayden Tracey
Ryan Suzuki
Jakob Pelletier
Samuel Poulin
Adam Beckman
Graeme Clarke
Hendrix Lapierre
Jean-Luc Foudy
Jacob Perreault
Jack Quinn
Tyson Foerster
Alex Beaucage
Seth Jarvis
Will Cuylle
Connor McClennon

Defence was basically exactly what I had
*Bowen Byram
Thomas Harley
Kaeden Korczak
Braden Schneider
Matthew Robertson
Jamie Drysdale
Jordan Spence
Justin Barron
Lukas Cormier
Jérémie Poirier
Kaiden Guhle
Daemon Hunt

Then my goalies:
Tristian Lennox
Carter Gylander
Jonathan Lemieux
Trent Miner
Sebastian Cossa
Dylan Garand

* = Likely be in NHL

Forwards look REALLY good next year. Defence looks respectable but goaltending is still up in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Then my goalies:
Tristian Lennox
Carter Gylander
Jonathan Lemieux
Trent Miner
Sebastian Cossa

Interesting choices for goaltending. For some reason my brain thought Daws, Ellis and Jones were 2001 born so I was only left with Garand. Cossa will have a good shot of making it if he continues to trend upward.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Interesting choices for goaltending. For some reason my brain thought Daws, Ellis and Jones were 2001 born so I was only left with Garand. Cossa will have a good shot of making it if he continues to trend upward.
I see Lennox as the favourite right now, has played for team Canada in the past and is the top ranked Canadian goalie for next years draft. But goalies are really up in the air right now. IIRC Hofer and certainly Daws weren’t on many’s radar at this time last year and I expect a goalie to come out of no where and take the job.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I see Lennox as the favourite right now, has played for team Canada in the past and is the top ranked Canadian goalie for next years draft. But goalies are really up in the air right now. IIRC Hofer and certainly Daws weren’t on many’s radar at this time last year and I expect a goalie to come out of no where and take the job.
Neither Hofer or Daws were even invited to the summer camps for Canada and Daws apparently was even turned down by the Germany team in the summer.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Technically Lafrenière can return but that won’t happen. Also what are Shane Wrights chances of making the team?
I see it as VERY unlikely he makes the team next year as a 16 y/o even as talented as he is.
Canada looks to have a VERY deep forward group next year so i don’t even see Wright getting an inv to camp.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Perfetti McMichael Rees
Pelletier Newhook Perreault
Poulin Krebs Mercer
Tracey Tomasino Holloway
Zary

Robertson Drysdale
Byram Schneider
Harley Barron
O’Rourke

Now that is nothing more than a shot in the dark. I am guessing that Lafreniere, Byfield, Cozens, and Dach won't be available. No idea about goaltenders. Canada looks pretty deep at forward, especially on the left side.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Alex Beaucage probably stands a good chance to make it if he keeps doing what he's doing right now.

30 Goals in 38 games as an 18 year old in the Q. On pace for 55. The last 18 year old to score 50 goals in the Q if I'm not mistaken was Mantha and Duclair back in 2013. Both of which made Team Canada the year after that.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Alex Beaucage probably stands a good chance to make it if he keeps doing what he's doing right now.

30 Goals in 38 games as an 18 year old in the Q. On pace for 55. The last 18 year old to score 50 goals in the Q if I'm not mistaken was Mantha and Duclair back in 2013. Both of which made Team Canada the year after that.
Probably depends on NHL loses. It is going to be a ridiculous forward group to break into if the NHL only takes Lafreniere,Byfield,Cozens and Dach.

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Maybe I don’t know some of these guys that well but I’m not blown away by this forward group like everyone else. Who would be the top players?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Newhook - Cozens - Rees
Perfetti - McMichael - Mercer
Pelletier - Krebs - Poulin
Tracey - Beckman - Holloway
Tomasino/Foudy

Harley - Drysdale
Robertson - Schneider
Korczak - Barron
Poirier