Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I read Marchand and Pastrnak can drive a line. So break up
the line for say 10 games.

Marchand-Krejci-Smith

DeBrusk-Bergeron-Studnicka

Ritchie-Coyle-Pastrnak

Frederick-Kuraly-Bjork

Given how bad things are 5-on-5, and how ineffective lines 2 and 3 have been, I'm intrigued and willing to try it.

Marchand is a puckhandler and is slippery. I think a space-creator like Smith or Ritchie (if Ritchie were a RW I'd definitely pair them up) would complement him well. Krejci as a distributor between them is a good choice as well.

Bergeron is a possession magnet and cycle guy, I'd put a shooter with him - Debrusk could work if he gets his confidence back. I don't like Studnicka here (or really anywhere other than Providence right now). If Kase ever comes back I think it could work on the RW too. Until then maybe Senyshyn or Steen completes the line. Even Wagner. Just not Bjork though, please.

Coyle and Pasta have been togehter before and they are a good pair. I dig it. You may give up some odd-man rushes against, but hopefully they produce a net positive of scoring chances.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Given how bad things are 5-on-5, and how ineffective lines 2 and 3 have been, I'm intrigued and willing to try it.

Marchand is a puckhandler and is slippery. I think a space-creator like Smith or Ritchie (if Ritchie were a RW I'd definitely pair them up) would complement him well. Krejci as a distributor between them is a good choice as well.

Bergeron is a possession magnet and cycle guy, I'd put a shooter with him - Debrusk could work if he gets his confidence back. I don't like Studnicka here (or really anywhere other than Providence right now). If Kase ever comes back I think it could work on the RW too. Until then maybe Senyshyn or Steen completes the line. Even Wagner. Just not Bjork though, please.

Coyle and Pasta have been togehter before and they are a good pair. I dig it. You may give up some odd-man rushes against, but hopefully they produce a net positive of scoring chances.

DeBrusk,Krejci and Coyle can all use a shot in the arm offensively, so giving them an elite forward to work
with is worh a shot.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

Ritchie -- Coyle -- Smith

DeBrusk -- Stud -- Senyshyn ( when healthy )

Frederic -- Krejci -- Bjork

Reactions: veganbruin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Next game guessing

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Steen
Ritchie Coyle Smith
Frederic Kuraly Kuhlman

Zboril McAvoy
Grz Clifton
Ahcan Kampfer

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Hypothetically, if Thursday is a go, but the 5 are still in Covid protocol:

March-Bergeron-Steen
Ritchie-Coyle-Bjork
Frederic-Studnicka-Kuhlman
Blidh-McKegg-Wagner

Yikes.

Reactions: smack66

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
After 29 games, recent play, with no trades and assuming everyone is healthy (Kase???)...I go with:

March Berg Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Smith
Bjork Coyle Kuhlman
Fred Stud/Kuraly Senny

Gryz / Charlie
Lauzon / Carlo
Zboril / Miller

Rask
Vladar
Halak

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'd give this a try.

Ritchie - Bergeron - Pasta
Marchand - Krejci - Smith
JDB- Coyle - Studnicka
Bjork - Frederic - Wagner/Kuraly

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
This week I like-
Marchy-Bergy-Pasta
JDB-Krejci-Smith (they’ve looked good together)
Ritchie-Coyle-Kuhlman/Bjork/Senny
Freddy-Kuraly-Bjork/Senny

next week I’ll probably like something different lol

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
My all time favorite thing is everyone on this board agrees that secondary scoring needs help, but then people write the exact same lines and add in a bjork or senshyn here and there on the 3rd or 4th line

Cassidy needs to try something different and stick with it for more than a period to let it develop.

Debrusk Bergeron Pasta
Marchand Krecji Smith
Ritchie Coyle Bjork
Freddy Kurarly Studnicka

Cant win with 1 line and wont beat good teams scoring 2 or less a night.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Smith
Ritchie - Coyle - Bjork
Frederic - Studnicka - Kuraly/Wagner

It's still not good enough.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Mantha - Krejci - Smith
Ritchie - Coyle - Garland
Frederic - Studnicka - Lowry

I like that better come deadline day.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
When Marchand, Bruskie returns

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Ritchie Krejci Smith
Bjork Coyle Kuhlman
Debrusk Frederic Senyshyn

Lauzon McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Zboril Clifton/Kampfer
Tinordi Miller

Trade Wagner for whatever you can get

I would roll with this more long term ish. Some good chemistry are starting to form. Would like to see Debrusk Frederic Seny 4th line.

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Ritchie Krejci Smith
Bjork Coyle Kuhlman

Lauzon McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Zboril Clifton/Kampfer
Tinordi Miller

I would roll with this more long term ish. Some good chemistry are starting to form. Would like to see Debrusk Frederic Seny 4th line.

I like it.

Reactions: rocketdan9

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Ritchie Krejci Smith
Bjork Coyle Kuhlman

Lauzon McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Zboril Clifton/Kampfer
Tinordi Miller

Personally I'd swap Debrusk and Seny with Bjork and Kuhlman. Seny and Debrusk on Coyles wing would be a very fast and tough to contain line.

Reactions: Trizz617

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
I know a lot of the chatter here on the board is to put pastrnak with krejci, but what about doing it the other way around? Keep pastrnak with Bergeron and put Marchand with krejci? Bergeron and Marchand can still have their pp/pk time together. Just trying to throw something different out there with the full understanding that they need to make a trade or two to add to the forward lines. Until that happens:
74-37-88
63-46-12
21-13-19
10-11-83

Reactions: HustleB

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
I'm bringing my half-season player effectiveness ratings here, as they currently seem most appropriate here. they come with the usual disclaimer of opinions about (lack of) usefulness to others, as I do these for myself, but also feel less wasteful of efforts upon sharing. some really interesting maths have shaken down since last time, which I'd guess was about five weeks back. well, anyway:

FRE 72 - BER 93 - PAS 93
RIT 55 - KRE 88 - SMI 84
BJO 55 - COY 63 - SEN 43
BLI 75 - STU 63 - KUH 61
GRZ 92 - McA 92
LAU 71 - CLI 76
ZBO 68 - KAM 76
HAL 89
VLA 109

MAR 99 - KUR 47 - STE 75
DeB 63 - McK 11 - WAG 40
ACH 75 - CAR 82
VAA 57 - MIL 75
TIN 47
RAS 84

historically, this team does not keep most players with what amount to failing grades come the season's end. I expect to see Kuraly and Wagner going and Ritchie staying. does McKegg get more chances? do Senyshyn and Vaakanainen? is Tinordi a keeper over Moore (38)? it's pretty clear to me that this roster could really use either Steen or Blidh to get hot and stick to the lineup while management scrambles to get a proper deal done for scoring help from any type of forward that they can reasonably acquire. it's getting to be kind of a mess. the team almost never has this many scrubs by this point in the season. I can't think of a time in the last dozen years there was this much fail occupying the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad