Line Combos: 2021 Boston Bruins Lines

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Would you explain this please
I would think, depending on the location of the faceoff and set play you want to run off if it, there are definitely instances where handedness is important. I.e. in the circle to the left of your goalie, you may want a left shot to back hand the puck into corner vs a right shot who would back hand it towards the net.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I don't get Cassidy's hate for Bjork.... I think the kid has been playing better and other than a couple bone headed turnovers doesn't seem to deserve the constant negativity from his coach. Always is hustling out there, skates very well, kills penalties. Just can't seem to find his finish on plays. Which is obviously a problem... but at the same time name me a bottom 9 forward other than maybe Ritchie (crazy) who is playing well offensively at 5v5. Not sure what Anders did to Bruce but there might be some behind the scenes stuff going on here.

Anyways, the team clearly has the same problem it has had for quite some time now. No secondary scoring. I am not as worried about the defense right now. I think once healthy they proved they could lead the league in GA. The 5v5 offense though is horrible other than the top line and some teams are just capable of keeping those guys at bay specially during the playoffs. Not sure how a GM can't see this and if he can, why has he done for the most part, nothing to solve it.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
I have not been a fan of Bjork from day one. Played with his head down, non physical, Never looked ready to me.....The last three weeks, he has been better because of his skating. With a little luck he has two more goals......That said, i believe he may not ever be the player he can be playing in this system. I also think the same may be true for DeBrusk....I think they need to play a free styling offensive minded game....Here, the system requires you to play a defensive perspective first. Defense to offense......These guys are simply not two way players....Marchand is a two way guy...Bergie, Krejci.......Even Pasta has adapted to playing his man and getting back....Not sure DeB and Bjork have that in them. They would be better off on teams like Edmonton, Calgary, The Wild...Vegas......I bet DeBrusk would thrive in that system........Tough siuation cause you cant trade low....

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Looks like the coach’s response to getting blown out in two straight ... kuhlman and McKegg

Good to see Grz ready to return.

And yes, Wagner needs a sit.

Bjork is not shooting nor hitting anyone these days. Most of the time chasing opponents around

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I'm hoping the Bjork scratch is just to get new bodies in and shake it up....or perhaps a lineup composition thing with Krejci out. I really like the way Bjork was playing, and he looked like he was putting it all together.

Kuhlman over Wagner is just not an improvement, I'm sorry.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I'm hoping the Bjork scratch is just to get new bodies in and shake it up....or perhaps a lineup composition thing with Krejci out. I really like the way Bjork was playing, and he looked like he was putting it all together.

The way Wagner is playing it might be for the moment.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Whatever Cassidy does with the lineup, I just wish he would stick with the line combinations he puts out there. Cassidy himself has commented that he needs guys to build chemistry in the offseason, but then the team will get off to a slow start and lines 2-4 are switched up multiple times.

obviously these guys are professionals, but I have to assume it gets aggravating constantly having to get used to the tendencies of new linemates sometimes every period.

If I have one knock on Cassidy it’s that he does this far too often. Of course injuries play a factor, but I think we’ve seen the same thing happen over and over especially with guys like krejci and coyle that there’s just zero consistency with who they are playing with every night.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

Kuhlman in your line up period speaks volumes ,and not in a positive manner. Hope this is the last time we see him wearing the spooked B

Reactions: HustleB

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
For everyone worrying about the practice lineups from yesterday. I will tell you that it is impossible for it to happen. With Tinordi added to the roster Kampfer got sent to the taxi squad. For Grzelcyk to play he has to be activated off the IR which means that either Vaakanainen has to be sent to the taxi squad or Krejci/Miller put on the IR. For Kuhlman and McKegg to also play all three of those moves have to happen. My guess to what happens is Vaak to the taxi squad, Grz activated, Krejci added to the IR, and McKegg added from the taxi squad. Moore than slides into Vaaks slot in the lineup while Wagner takes Kuhlmans spot.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
What are we going to do if this team gets healthy? You can't send Studnicka or Freddy down at this point and Studs should be playing center.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Ritchie Krejci Kase
Frederic Studnicka Debrusk
Kuraly Coyle Smith

Lauzon McAvoy
Gryz Carlo
Lauzon Miller

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
What are we going to do if this team gets healthy? You can't send Studnicka or Freddy down at this point and Studs should be playing center.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Ritchie Krejci Kase (if he even gets healthy)
Frederic Studnicka Debrusk
Kuraly Coyle Smith

Lauzon McAvoy
Gryz Carlo
Lauzon Miller

Personally would love to see a 4th line of.

Kurarly Stud Freddy.

Think that would be a fast tough. skilled 4th line and could really take of advantage of other 4th lines.

Perfection
Ritchie Krecji Smith
Debrusk Coyle Kase
Kurarly Studnicka Freddy

Wags/bjork

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
What I want to see next game (if Coyle is out):

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Frederic - Krejci - Senyshyn
Ritchie - Studnicka - Smith
DeBrusk - McKegg - Bjork

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
somebody typed that Ritchie is effective even strength, which is far removed from anything resembling a truth. dude is a HUGE minus and a HUGE relative minus. these are just facts.

I don't believe those are just facts. Those statements are your opinion. You are welcome to it, of course, but it's a long way from fact.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
it's my opinion that he runs minuses? the NHL keeps statistics for that one. and then "relative" one is essentially his effect on linemates. "in my opinion," I looked at those statistics and reported on them generally and without misrepresentation. this isn't "eye test" nonsense. you don't have to want to believe facts.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
What I want to see next game (if Coyle is out):

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Frederic - Krejci - Senyshyn
Ritchie - Studnicka - Smith
DeBrusk - McKegg - Bjork
there are several things I really like about this and arrangements like it. first, I like that it lacks Coyle, likely an anchor for years to come. from there, it promotes Frederic, who succeeds at fourth line center for sure, but may end up top-lining with Studnicka (and Pastrnak?) some fine day, so I think the left-wing promotion is fitting. I like bringing Senyshyn in, as it does seem to be time to promote him for a look, but I might do a kids line and a vets line in the middle two: RIT/KRE/SMI and FRE/STU/SEN, although I don't dislike them as quoted and those could help Krejci. I wouldn't dislike any further shuffling of right wings, but that DeBrusk and McKegg pair is spot on. I'd have used Lindholm were he still around, but so it goes. what's appreciated as crucial in Absurdity's opposite of such is the appropriate demotions. be they messages for motivation or strictly management toward winning games, it's what coach has struggled at (from an admitted couch vantage). I put that last game on coach as he seemed to be rewarding poor play to the detriment of the gameplan, and lineups like as suggested above make me hopeful. Coyle's a damned-expensive fourth-line center and DeBrusk must be a cap casualty one way, another, another, another, or another, before next season.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Trade Krejci for a 1st. The lineup is just as good without him as it is with him at this point.

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Ritchie-Coyle-Smith
DeBrusk-Studnicka-Bjork/Kase
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad