Line Combos: 2021 Boston Bruins Lines

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I only see one option left, I'd rather Coyle at C but we have a beggers/choosers situation going on as far as goal-scoring talent goes in Boston these days, so got to make due with what you have.

Line 1

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak

No explanation necessary

Line 2

Ritchie - Krejci - Coyle

Puts Krejci with the best goal-scoring left shot forward and best right-shot forward. Both bigger bodies. Sorry to say this but time is catching up to Krejci this year, he needs help and Coyle is the only guy I can see on the current roster who can provide the help he needs.

Line 3

Debrusk - Studnicka - Smith

Debrusk doesn't work with Krejci, Smith looks overmatched both offensively and defensively on the Krejci line especially with Ritchie as his winger partner. Studnicka is a better center, so is Coyle but Krejci needs help. Gives the line a veteran presence with Smith.

Line 4

Trent Frederic and friends

Whether Frederic is at LW or C, he should be the permanent fixture of this line. We'll call it the Frederic line. Take your pick of Kuraly, Wagner, Bjork, Blidh, Kuhlman, Kase, McKegg, Senyshyn, etc. They are pretty much all the same at this point, pluggers and/or question marks. I really don't care who the other two forwards they dress are, as long as T-Fred is anchoring the line.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
For shits and giggles perhaps the Bergeron line dismantled with wealth distributed.

Debrusk - Bergeron - Smith
Marchand - Krejci - Bjork
Ritchie - Coyle - Pasta (cycling between 2nd and 3rd)

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I say free Seny - I like what our Providence watchers are saying about his game, at this point he needs to play over Wagner and hope he can work himself up the lineup with some good play.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It might be interesting to see a trio:
Bjork - Frederic - Senyshyn

OR

Frederic - Studnicka - Senyshyn

But I don’t know if those would be too bold experiments?

No less bold than say a line with Studnicka + Wagner and whichever winger they've used with them (Bjork, Kuraly). I was actually surprised and impressed that Butch had Studnicka center the 4th line in lieu of Kuraly.

Reactions: BBBruins

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
If the plan is to get your best top 9 forwards going (instead of scratching them)

DeBrusk-Krejci-Senyshyn
Ritchie-Coyle-Smith

4th line can be the combination of the remaining 5 based on recent performance (right now only Frederic would be a guarantee for a spot). These lines are also probably the harshest on Frederic because he has played well.

BBBruins

Apr 24, 2017
No less bold than say a line with Studnicka + Wagner and whichever winger they've used with them (Bjork, Kuraly). I was actually surprised and impressed that Butch had Studnicka center the 4th line in lieu of Kuraly.

But Studnicka should get ice time more than 9-10 minutes. On average 12-14 minutes per game (as has been the case in previous games) and if he doesn’t get it maybe it would be wisest to send him to the AHL.
I do not know. Maybe professional coaches are a little wiser than a random HF boards guy. :DD

billy753

Feb 20, 2021
Marchand Bergy Pasta
Ritchie Krejci Senyshyn
Debrusk Coyle Smith
Frederic Studnicka Bjork

When(if) Kase is healthy, put him at 2nd RW and Senyshyn to 4th RW.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I hate to even talk lines right now because seems everyone but 4-5 forwards suck. But I think sparking secondary scoring is priority #1 right now. So splitting up the top line seems like the only option.

Marchand - Bergy - Studnicka
Ritchie - Krejci - Pasta
Debrusk - Coyle - Bjork
Frederic - Kuraly - Smith

Grz - McAvoy
Zboril - Clifton
Tinordi - Vaak

Rask
Halak

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014