Juuse Saros, Nashville Predators, 4yrs @ 5M AAV
Kevin Fiala, Minnesota Wild, 1yr @ 5.1M
Dennis Gilbert, Colorado Avalanche, 1yr @ 750K
Nikita Zadorov, Calgary Flames, 1yr @ 3.75M
Travis Sanheim, Philadelphia Flyers, 2yrs @ 4.675 AAV

Last edited:

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
If Seth Jones can get 9.5 then Pelech should be a shoe in for that. Isles best player along with Barzal.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
How does McNiven a 24 year old non-NHL goalies have an arbitration hearing. Do the Habs even show up?

I know this question is semi-sarcastic. However, since McNiven made league minimum last year I believe his QO would also be league minimum? So, he really has nothing to lose by opting for arbitration if the Habs are only offering a 1 year, league minimum deal anyway.

Reactions: Morrison

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I know this question is semi-sarcastic. However, since McNiven made league minimum last year I believe his QO would also be league minimum? So, he really has nothing to lose by opting for arbitration if the Habs are only offering a 1 year, league minimum deal anyway.

The sub-$1M guys get a little raise in their QO as per the CBA 10.2 (a)(ii). This is the reason why last year saw many 1 yr/$874,125 deals for guys who had previously had the ELC max ($925k - $92.5k signing bonus =) $832.5k.

(A) if the Player's prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary is less than or equal to $660,000 for that League Year, 110% of the prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary.

(B) if the Player's prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary is greater than $660,000, but less than $1,000,000 for that League Year, 105% of his prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, but in no event to exceed $1,000,000.

(C) if the Player's prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary is equal to or greater than $1,000,000 for that League year, 100% of the prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary.

(D) if a Player is eligible to receive a Two-Way Qualifying Offer, the Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary component shall not be less than the higher of the Player's prior year's Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary, if any, or the minimum Minor League salary.

(A) is obsolete nowadays as last year the league minimum base salary was $700k so effectively they get 5 % raise until the QO would exceed $1M.

His QO is 735k/65k, the league minimums are 700k/52k. Technically there is a risk.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
per NHLPA releases 2021 arbitration dates - TSN.ca
and

August 11
Adam Pelech (New York Islanders)
Michael McNiven (Montreal Canadiens)
Jakub Vrana (Detroit Red Wings)

August 12
Victor Mete (Ottawa Senators)*

August 13
Neal Pionk (Winnipeg Jets)

August 14
Vince Dunn (Seattle Kraken)
Zach Sanford (St. Louis Blues)*

August 16
Adin Hill (San Jose Sharks)*
Ross Colton (Tampa Bay Lightning)

August 17
Kevin Fiala (Minnesota Wild)

August 18
Juuse Saros (Nashville Predators)

August 20
Dante Fabbro (Nashville Predators)
Jason Dickinson (Vancouver Canucks)

August 21
Adam Erne (Detroit Red Wings)
Dennis Gilbert (Colorado Avalanche)

August 23
Zach Aston-Reese (Pittsburgh Penguins)

August 26
Andrew Copp (Winnipeg Jets)
Nikita Zadorov (Calgary Flames)
Travis Sanheim (Philadelphia Flyers)

*indicates player had settled at time of publishing
You can cross off Dante Fabbro as he has just resigned a 2 year deal with the Preds.

Reactions: BatVader

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
I'm curious to see how the Saros one ends up.
That might actually be the most interesting. He’s got one really good (but shortened) season as the starter, and two as the backup. He was awful the first half of last year, but then turned in a second half that put him in the Vezina debate. There are a lot of pluses and minuses on both sides. Now that NSH has committed to him as the #1 he has a lot of leverage, but how far does an All-Star 2nd half go?

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Winnipeg in cap hell. I guess they will used Bryan Little on LTIR.
Cap hell is way too extreme, as you noted they can continuously put Little on LTIR every season for ~$5.3M of relief, plenty of teams operate this way/ have operated this way in the past. They just have to use ELCs/ league min type contracts for the last few roster spots, which every team should realistically do.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Cap hell is way too extreme, as you noted they can continuously put Little on LTIR every season for ~$5.3M of relief, plenty of teams operate this way/ have operated this way in the past. They just have to use ELCs/ league min type contracts for the last few roster spots, which every team should realistically do.

How much will cost Copp ?

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Assuming they waive one of their 8 dmen/send one to the minors they have about 6 million in cap space to sign/call up the following and have a full roster (1 extra forward and dman)

Copp
3 more forwards
Back up Goalie

Assuming the backup costs 1 million and the 3 forwards combine for 3 million.

They only have 2 left for Copp. Even if they get all 4 on league min, they have 3.2 for copp who will likely get 4 - 4.5.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007

That remains to be seen. I would hope comfortably less than ~$5.3M (Vrana just hit that and has been much more productive) as he just recently broke out during this shortened season. This is not a criticism of Copp as I really like the player and hope he comes home to play for Detroit at some point.

Also note, if you're going by CapFriendly's numbers, they have 8D + Pionk as an RFA. I'm assuming 2 of Stanley/ Heinola/ Niku will be sent down to the AHL. But I'm not a Jets fan so I will wait for one of them to clarify this.

I don't understand how you could look at their cap situation and call it "hell" when we just saw a nearly ~$100M Tampa Bay team win the cup. GMs know how to maneuver around these numbers deftly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad