NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Wild Card Round: (2) Buffalo Bills vs (7) Indianapolis Colts - BUF wins 27-24

BUF vs IND

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Colts are easily better than the Bears, even beat them in Chicago early in the season

Indy is not even close to being the worst postseason team- I mean they were 11-5, but this was a far cry from past AFC’s.

but they may have done the worst job of any postseason team when it came to setting up their seeding. 11-5, but we need to dig a little deeper into those 5 losses.

The Jags game in Week 1 (cost them the division title)

Lose H2H tiebreaker with Cleveland (6 vs 7 seed

The 2nd half meltdown at Pittsburgh

Getting blown out by the Titans at home coming off the rousing Green Bay comeback

the 2nd half offensive debacle vs Baltimore

people got on Cleveland for beating up on bad teams, but...... sometimes beating bad teams p are the games that can determine your playoff path.

Plus, Indy did need big comebacks against Green Bay/Cincy and there were the 2 Texans fumbles.

Last edited:

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I mean the Colts are probably also better than the Browns and Rams, and also the relative equal of a bunch of other teams, I was just pointing out the absurdity.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
You’ve got a better shot of drawing a penalty there on a hail mary than you do Blankenship hitting from 65 in the cold on a windy day.

Better shot of a muff punt then getting something off P Rivers hailmary

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not gonna lie. That one was closer than expected. I'm assuming Bills fans will root hard for the Steelers tomorrow, as that's a preferable matchup to the winner of Tennessee versus Baltimore.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I mean the Colts are probably also better than the Browns and Rams, and also the relative equal of a bunch of other teams, I was just pointing out the absurdity.

ironically, it was Indy’s loss to the browns that ultimately was the reason they had to make the trip to Orchard Park (both were 11-5, but H2H tiebreaker in Week 5 went to CLE)

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Not gonna lie. That one was closer than expected. I'm assuming Bills fans will root hard for the Steelers tomorrow, as that's a preferable matchup to the winner of Tennessee versus Baltimore.

From what I understand (Correct me if I'm wrong):

If Cleveland wins, they play in KC next week. Meaning the Ravens/Titans winner plays in Buffalo next week.

If Pittsburgh wins, they play in Buffalo next week.
KC would host the Ravens/Titans winner.

I think Buffalo's toughest matchup would be Baltimore in round 2.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

If Cleveland wins, they play in KC next week. Meaning the Ravens/Titans winner plays in Buffalo next week.

I think Buffalo's toughest matchup would be Baltimore in round 2.

Correct.

The Titans would be the 2nd toughest.

I'm a Steelers fan, but I'm not naive . . . :laugh:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Correct.

The Titans would be the 2nd toughest.

I'm a Steelers fan, but I'm not naive . . . :laugh:

If Pittsburgh loses to a Covid infested Browns team at home, I think your team needs to seriously consider firing Tomlin.

But it'll never happen. Zero chance.

I think their owners are way too patient.

When's the last time they fired their head coach. 67? 68?

Lol.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
His knee was clearly off the field before he was touched, and he clearly lost control before he went back down.

Your inability to see that it's really telling to your psyche (and is honestly pretty funny)

The Colts (Who I don't care about one way or another) lost because of their coach. Today is a text book example of how a head coach can lose a game.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Play of the game has gotta be Williams laying out to get that fumble back, great hustle from the lineman to fall on it and bail Allen out, gotta love that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If Pittsburgh loses to a Covid infested Browns team at home, I think your team needs to seriously consider firing Tomlin.

Lol.

1. It's a non zero chance, and you're preaching to the choir on Tomlin (but it won't make a difference, as you said).

2. The last coach fired was 1968 (Chuck Noll was hired in January 1969). The closest they've come to firing a coach was insisting upon a coordinator change. They did it in 1991, and Chuck Noll retired. They did it to Tomlin, who rolled over as Bruce Arians 'retired' and was replaced by the legendary Todd Haley.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

Lol.
I doubt the coaching loss is going to have that much of an impact where the Browns are now not competitive they still have a capable coordinator taking the job and has the same sort of game plan ready.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Yup. This game was gonna clarify things (a Colts win would have sent them to KC and the other AFC games would have been like a mini tournament)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad