NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Divisional Round: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (6) Cleveland Browns

KC vs CLE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
Worst 3rd and 14 defense I've ever seen. Browns couldn't have asked for a better opportunity to win the game and their defense blew it.

The Mahomes situation this week will be interesting. I like the Bills if Mahomes can't clear protocol and play. I do think he'll clear within 48 hours though. That play was weird. He didn't hit his head. I'm pretty sure he got choked out.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Worst 3rd and 14 defense I've ever seen. Browns couldn't have asked for a better opportunity to win the game and their defense blew it.

The Mahomes situation this week will be interesting. I like the Bills if Mahomes can't clear protocol and play. I do think he'll clear within 48 hours though. That play was weird. He didn't hit his head. I'm pretty sure he got choked out.
He looked more dizzy than in pain. So, that would likely signal concussion more than a neck injury. Hopefully, whatever he suffered, he can recover from and play next week.

Like I said, have to see the wide shot of the play to see how the Defence allows Henne to get that close to the first down marker

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

I think the Bills have a shot even if Mahomes plays. Obviously chiefs still favorites, but it’s not a massive mismatch.

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
He looked more dizzy than in pain. So, that would likely signal concussion more than a neck injury. Hopefully, whatever he suffered, he can recover from and play next week.

Like I said, have to see the wide shot of the play to see how the Defence allows Henne to get that close to the first down marker

I just don't get it... not visible bump on the head or head slam off the turf. Either way, he seem fine. He's already on social media.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
How exactly does that excuse the fact that all they had to do was stop some scrub and get the ball back to have a shot at winning the game?
And they failed. Miserably. Disgraceful.
All Henne had to do to win the game was get three first downs in an entire quarter of football. You’re greatly overselling how much Henne had to do after Mahomes handed him the lead.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I’m not saying he’s good. I’m saying all he was asked to do was get three first downs. Even bad backups can pull that off. We see it happen every week.
And I am saying to you Browns, given it was f***ing 3 and 14, should have stopped him. Dude is not exactly Michael Vick.

What a disgrace.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He made a play because the defensive coordinator assumed the Chiefs wouldn’t throw and didn’t have his players pressing and didn’t try to double anyone.
Hill is almost uncoverable even when defenses know the Chiefs are going to throw the ball, even when they know it's going to him.

Yes the Browns had several bad plays they wish they could have back but the Browns are a really good football team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hill is almost uncoverable even when defenses know the Chiefs are going to throw the ball, even when they know it's going to him.

Yes the Browns had several bad plays they wish they could have back but the Browns are a really good football team.
I had to watch the replays a few times.
1) CB #36 was 2 yards off from Hill, not the 10 some have screamed out.
2) Hill fake going inside on a diagonal crossing route which he had done many times in the game.
3) Hill then ran to the sideline and actually came back behind the LOS when he caught the ball and had to turn upfield to get the first down

that is a great play design as the two guys right of Hill ran deeper routes to clear out the flat for Hill.

so long as Henne didn’t throw the ball behind Hill he should be able to get the first down.

on short yardage plays like that the DC should be instructing the DBs to press the receiver and make the QB throw it over them. If they make that pass you just tip your hat to them for executing it.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
That fumble/touchback rule is without question the single worst rule in all of sports. How the NFL hasn't changed it yet is beyond me. That should be first and goal from the 1.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Once Mahomes went out they should have won that game. No excuses. They let Chad Henne beat them. Embarrassing .
So you think a first time coach who went 11-5 and won a team their first playoff game in 26 years should be fired..

I think that's the embarrassing part.

Also Chad Henne didn't score a point did he? Weird to say he beat them by scoring 0 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad