NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Divisional Round: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (6) Cleveland Browns

KC vs CLE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
KC seems to have caught a break by avoiding BAL, but...........

Cleveland can run the ball and the Chiefs have been spotty on rush defense at times.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Love the Browns, and I actually think if healthy Ward is one of the best options in the league against Reek. But, this shouldn't be close. For the Browns to win they need to execute the perfect gameplan of eating up clock with the run game and converting on their chances.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
KC seems to have caught a break by avoiding BAL, but...........

Cleveland can run the ball and the Chiefs have been spotty on rush defense at times.
Browns won't be able to run the ball if/when they fall behind by multiple scores though.

That's why Baltimore with one of the best run offences in history can't beat the Chiefs. They fall behind, can't run, and they lose.

For the Browns to have a shot they can't afford to fall behind early.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I'm actually stunned the line is only KC at 10 points. I'd think it would be 12 or so.

This really shouldn't be close. Chiefs would need to turn it over at least 4 times. Browns can afford no turnovers.

This would be the upset of all upsets if Cleveland won.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Don't care. Got to the playofffs. Won a playoff game. Beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. In a season where finishing 8-8 would have been viewed as a nice first step for the new coaching staff.

For the Browns, this game is gravy. It's guaranteed that if the Browns lose this one they'll be called trash by short-sighted reactionaries, but losing to the best team in the league in the playoffs is nothing to be ashamed of. There is no pressure on the Browns for this one because of how much they've already exceeded expectations, and that's probably the one thing that gives any real hope of winning.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Browns won't be able to run the ball if/when they fall behind by multiple scores though.

That's why Baltimore with one of the best run offences in history can't beat the Chiefs. They fall behind, can't run, and they lose.

For the Browns to have a shot they can't afford to fall behind early.

Baltimore's running game is so electric that I think it'd be a mistake to forego it even if they fall behind.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Browns offense actually matches up really, well well against KC. Hunt/Chubb pounding the rock all game could be just what you need to keep that powerhouse of a Chiefs offense off the field.

The Browns defense however....does not. To win this you're basically asking Baker to not only sling it to keep in the game since the Chiefs offense will likely tear up the Browns defense, but do so without making a mistake. That's a tall order for any QB.

Chiefs win 50-35 after Baker throws a game changing INT in the 3rd quarter. I expect a high scoring game though.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Don't care. Got to the playofffs. Won a playoff game. Beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. In a season where finishing 8-8 would have been viewed as a nice first step for the new coaching staff.

For the Browns, this game is gravy. It's guaranteed that if the Browns lose this one they'll be called trash by short-sighted reactionaries, but losing to the best team in the league in the playoffs is nothing to be ashamed of. There is no pressure on the Browns for this one because of how much they've already exceeded expectations, and that's probably the one thing that gives any real hope of winning.

I guarantee you the players and coaches don't feel this way. If they do--it is a terrible mindset.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
If I recall correctly the Chiefs haven't covered the spread since they blew out the Jets in week 8. If the Browns are healthy, I'm very confident in saying this will be a one score game.

The Browns dropped 40+ on the Ravens and the Steelers defences in the recent weeks, two Ds that are far superior to KC.

Do I think the Browns will win? Absolutely not, there's no way I'm betting Chiefs -10 though. There's a decent chance the Chiefs do come out strong and win by multiple scores, your welcome to quote this post and make fun of me if they do, I just don't think it's the most likely scenario.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Please. I'm tired of Chiefs bandwagon. Pretty much Warriors 2.
Mahomes and the Chiefs are talked about by the media as though they are the greatest 2 things that ever existed in the NFL.

Nevermind Brady and the Patriots. Nevermind Montana and the 49ers.

I am not saying Mahomes and the Chiefs can't reach those levels. But if you listen to the media, they make it seem like Mahomes and the Chiefs are going to reel-off 10 straight Super Bowl wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad