NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Championship Game: (2) Kansas City Chiefs vs (4) Cincinnati Bengals

KC vs CIN

• Total voters

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Mahomes is trending the wrong way for a generational talent:

Super Bowl win
Super Bowl loss
AFC Championship game loss

Last five snaps he took tonight:
twice sacked for -20 yards
two incompletions
interception

Pretty damn ugly.

How is the chiefs cap situation?
He literally makes way too many dumb throws these days. His early success went to his head for sure.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Mahomes used up all of his good luck last week. Three bad throws in a row.

If you told me that the Bengals would win this game, I would have said "No Way"!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Nah it was overthrown. Really bad throw. There was coverage over the top and Mahomes tried to throw deep, not a good choice at all.

He basically threw 3 bad throws to start OT.

Having it be an interception was a bit of bad luck, but ultimately that didn’t matter much. An incompletion still means a punt and Cincinnati has the ball in a similar place.
Cincy started around their own 40 after the pick. From their own 25, a 45 yard punt is to the Cincy 30. Maybe a difference of 5-10 yards. But Cincy moved the ball down to the 10.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Now I know why Miami was trading the farm for Burrow

what a talent

I like Mahomes as a person but constantly riot against him becuase his degenerate family members.

Analysts, players and coaches go on about this elusive "it factor" that players have which seperate the all time greats from everyone else.

I don't claim to know what that '"it" is, but I can tell you Joe Burrow most definitely has it.

Reactions: mulli25

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Nah it was overthrown. Really bad throw. There was coverage over the top and Mahomes tried to throw deep, not a good choice at all.

He basically threw 3 bad throws to start OT.

Having it be an interception was a bit of bad luck, but ultimately that didn’t matter much. An incompletion still means a punt and Cincinnati has the ball in a similar place.

His bro should put that on Tik Tok

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
He literally makes way too many dumb throws these days. His early success went to his head for sure.
Mahomes needs to stop trying to play hero ball all the time. Nothing wrong with being boring; throwing quick 5 yard passes and moving the sticks.

Reactions: Canes

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
the play call at the end of the half had to be into the end zone or incomplete. Can't believe they passed up 3 points to close the half. Mahomes is in year 5, so not a kid anymore.

Amazing the turnaround between the 2 halves. Even if the Mannings say that there are no real adjustments, sometimes that 12-15 minute breather is enough to change the momentum.

NFL today, so easy for teams to get pass happy.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
the play call at the end of the half had to be into the end zone or incomplete. Can't believe they passed up 3 points to close the half. Mahomes is in year 5, so not a kid anymore.

Amazing the turnaround between the 2 halves. Even if the Mannings say that there are no real adjustments, sometimes that 12-15 minute breather is enough to change the momentum.

NFL today, so easy for teams to get pass happy.
Andy Reid, Mahomes , Ty Hill all reek of an arrogance that occasionally betrays them. Always going for it rather than taking the safe sensible play.

Last edited:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Analysts, players and coaches go on about this elusive "it factor" that players have which seperate the all time greats from everyone else.

I don't claim to know what that '"it" is, but I can tell you Joe Burrow most definitely has it.

People were right to question if he was a fluke coming out of college. But he is indeed the real deal.

The only question now is can he stay healthy. Already blew out his knee last year and his offensive line is still hot garbage. Rest of the league will adjust to Cincinatti as they have done to Kansas City. The extension for Mahomes is about to kick in and hurt them financially as well.

This team actually has more firepower than Kansas City. But it feels like when Seattle had their run in a way. Had an up and coming team with an emerging star QB on a rookie deal.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Makes you wonder what Rodgers is going to do. AFC is stacked QB-wise while the NFC is open season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad