NFL GDT: 2021 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (2) Buffalo Bills

KC vs BUF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Weather forecast for Arrowhead?
Should it matter? Allen threw the ball on Saturday when the wind was causing the goal posts to shake side to side. Both QBs have the arm strength to handle weather aside from a downpour of rain.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I think this will come down to if CEH can play and is effective. He killed the Bills last time they played, but has been out the past few weeks. If he doesnt play, this game will be pretty close even if Mahomes plays.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Looking for help from Bills fans. What is open up in Buffalo and a few good spots to watch the game ? My gf and I are Bills fans from Long Island and we are thinking about making the trek up for the game and some wings

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
They are?

The records indicate otherwise.

And the Bills offense is good. But they aren't as good as KC's.

Defense? Bills are probably better. But not enough to offset the massive difference in QB's and receivers.

Eh.

Bills are the Hopkins Hail Mary away from a 14-2 record, same as the Chiefs.

Bills lost by 9 game 1. Josh Allen was 2 weeks out of a bad arm injury that impacted his play where his play was down for about 4 weeks after the injury and it has since recovered.

Bills D is also completely different. Edmunds was going through an injury and playing like poop. It’s no coincidence the Bills D took a huge change once he was 100 percent.

Matt Milano, the guy who will cover Kelce the most didn’t play and he’s 100 percent now.

White was also not 100 percent and didn’t play the week before due to injury.

Bills also had the crazy Titans game keep getting moved which affected prep time as well.

These are probably the closest matched teams in the league as a lot of the models suggest. ESPNs FPI projection is Bills 53.3 percent by 1 point.

Whoever wins the game should be the Super Bowl favorite.

Reactions: IU Hawks fan

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They are?

The records indicate otherwise.

And the Bills offense is good. But they aren't as good as KC's.

Defense? Bills are probably better. But not enough to offset the massive difference in QB's and receivers.

Massive difference in QBs is at least arguable. To say there’s a massive difference in receivers is laughable.

Reactions: DueDiligence

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Having had to wait my lifetime for my team to win the Cup, I'll tell you now: I don't give a shit if Chara played Game 7 with a broken jaw, or if Pastrnak/Bergeron/Marchand had various injuries. The Blues will forever be etched on the Cup and everyone will always remember that and not "how easy" it might have been because their opponents had injuries.

Same thing I'm sure for Bills fans. Win and go to the Super Bowl, no one will be like yeah, but they were only there because _______. They win, their bigger concern will be not having their team be the first to lose 5 SBs without winning one.
Yep,

As a big Raptors fan, you get all the 'KD was out. Klay missed the last game blah blah blah'. Guess what, doesn't matter we won and I had one of the best nights of my life.

As for the game, I'm going to make the boring pick that if Mahomes plays Chiefs win, if Mahomes doesn't Bills win.

Allen hasn't had to do as much this postseason, Bills D has really stepped up. If Mahomes is in there, Allen's going to need to have a big time game.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I’m supremely confident in Buffalo regardless. Outside of a close Colts game, they’ve freight trained everyone. Bills crush KC without Mahomes, probably 35-10 type score.

with Mahomes, I’ll take Buffalo 34-31. Buffalo was hobbled in their first game and still could have won if not for a referee overturning Mahomes fumbled late in the 4th which would have gave Buffalo the Ball, down by 3 at KC’s 25 YL. KC ended up driving and scoring after that to make it a 2 score game. Buffalo is healthy and KC is not this time.
I’m taking Buffalo regardless.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Yep,

As a big Raptors fan, you get all the 'KD was out. Klay missed the last game blah blah blah'. Guess what, doesn't matter we won and I had one of the best nights of my life.

As for the game, I'm going to make the boring pick that if Mahomes plays Chiefs win, if Mahomes doesn't Bills win.

Allen hasn't had to do as much this postseason, Bills D has really stepped up. If Mahomes is in there, Allen's going to need to have a big time game.

Did you even watch the Colts game?

Reactions: Dirty Dog

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Did you even watch the Colts game?
I did actually, had the Bills to cover.

His stats are much better than I remember :laugh:. It felt as the Bills kind of backed into that win, the Colts controlled the game and let it slip through their fingers. 2/9 on 3rd down and 4 punts isn't going to get it done vs. Mahomes.

No run game though so the game will be completely on his shoulders, he's been special this year. He could do it, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The colts dominated the bills and the bills won because Josh Allen is Josh Allen

then the Ravens D shut down the bills offense but the bills defense showed up

if both aspects of the bills team don’t show up at once they have no chance against the chiefs

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Eh.

Bills are the Hopkins Hail Mary away from a 14-2 record, same as the Chiefs.

Bills lost by 9 game 1. Josh Allen was 2 weeks out of a bad arm injury that impacted his play where his play was down for about 4 weeks after the injury and it has since recovered.

Bills D is also completely different. Edmunds was going through an injury and playing like poop. It’s no coincidence the Bills D took a huge change once he was 100 percent.

Matt Milano, the guy who will cover Kelce the most didn’t play and he’s 100 percent now.

White was also not 100 percent and didn’t play the week before due to injury.

Bills also had the crazy Titans game keep getting moved which affected prep time as well.

These are probably the closest matched teams in the league as a lot of the models suggest. ESPNs FPI projection is Bills 53.3 percent by 1 point.

Whoever wins the game should be the Super Bowl favorite.
Don't bother. You can't explain shit to this 13-years old kid that is Mahomes fanboy.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The colts dominated the bills and the bills won because Josh Allen is Josh Allen

if both aspects of the bills team don’t show up at once they have no chance against the chiefs
That's just nonsense. The Bills have a solid defense and a great passing attack . If they can get a decent running game going the Chiefs are in big trouble.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
That's just nonsense. The Bills have a solid defense and a great passing attack . If they can get a decent running game going the Chiefs are in big trouble.

It’s literally what happened, you can call it whatever you want. Yes their team can be complete but they haven’t played a complete game this postseason.

Also if the bills are gonna beat the chiefs they need to get into a shootout and outscore us. “If they can get a run game going”, sure, that’s how the Bills have been winning games lmao. This isn’t the browns.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
It’s literally what happened, you can call it whatever you want. Yes their team can be complete but they haven’t played a complete game this postseason.

Also if the bills are gonna beat the chiefs they need to get into a shootout and outscore us. “If they can get a run game going”, sure, that’s how the Bills have been winning games lmao. This isn’t the browns.
Well you had better hope Mahomes is close to 100% because if he isn't Bills will beat your Chiefs.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018

If both do, the Chiefs are in deep shit.

with or without Mahomes.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

We must all remember that the AFC playoff bracket is/was a murders row of teams with no slouches ,well except for Pitt. Wins didn't fall from the sky and none were easy outs. Indy really had a great game plan and exicuted it very well.
Its easy to talk how Chiefs beat Buffalo in Oct , but if that comes well i guess its fair game to talk about the Raiders.
Best two teams remaining getting after it this week.Who ever wins will have earned it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
We must all remember that the AFC playoff bracket is/was a murders row of teams with no slouches ,well except for Pitt. Wins didn't fall from the sky and none were easy outs. Indy really had a great game plan and exicuted it very well.
Its easy to talk how Chiefs beat Buffalo in Oct , but if that comes well i guess its fair game to talk about the Raiders.
Best two teams remaining getting after it this week.Who ever wins will have earned it.

It’s also easy to forget that the Bills were a video review away from having the ball on KCs 31 down 3 with 5 minutes left. The game wasn’t some blowout where the Bills racked up garbage time points. It was tight throughout.

Sep 19, 2008
I just found out Brian Daboll is Canadian

OL BRIAN DABOLL WELLAND ONTARIO PUT ER DERE

iu

Reactions: PanthersPens62

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Different POV- if you're the Chiefs, the pass rush has to do a better job of pressuring Allen than they did Baker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad