Prospect Info: 2021 5th Rd Pick (#153 OA) - Ty Voit (C/RW) - Sarnia (OHL)

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Looks like they caught a good one
sg-76477_2_.jpg

:cool:

51CNMwcKX4L_1024x1024.jpg

Kid’s a slam dunk!

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
5 '10"? Needed to be 5' 11".

Very disappointing.

It's ridiculous that he's considered undersized at 5'10 -- unless he's more like 5'8. He's also a teenager and all teenagers are scrawny bastards. There are guys in the NHL that are 5'10 and 200 lbs who are way stronger and tougher to play against than a lanky guy who's 6'2 and weighs 185.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It's ridiculous that he's considered undersized at 5'10 -- unless he's more like 5'8. He's also a teenager and all teenagers are scrawny bastards. There are guys in the NHL that are 5'10 and 200 lbs who are way stronger and tougher to play against than a lanky guy who's 6'2 and weighs 185.

I always find this funny. A 6’2” 185 pound player is never called small, but komarov for example was called small he’s 5’11” 210 pounds

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Who? Why?

Last year's fifth round pick.

He's having a great season this year. He's a really creative, great skating winger with great hands. Strength and size is definitely a concern but he's got the tools to make an impact. Will be cool to see him progress.
Leading the sting in points with 29 pts in 24 games.

With some of our prospects being likely to graduate over the next two years (Steeves, Robertson, Holmberg, maybe SDA) it will be nice to have him in the pipeline on the marlies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
He’s a really creative offensive player. Don’t see him panning out as a center in the NHL but definitely as a winger.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hasn't really earned it. I wonder what motivated them to get this done so early.

Maybe they are going to emergency recall him :sarcasm:

Top 30 in the entire OHL in both PPG and in scoring. Drives his team's offense. PK's for them too. It was only a matter of time, but I would have thought it would have happened in the offseason. Doing it now gets him a nice signing bonus before Christmas though I guess, so the Leafs do him a solid.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Hasn't really earned it. I wonder what motivated them to get this done so early.

He was the only unsigned CHL player on the reserve list and he's from a 3 player draft. They didn't need to wait to sign him. And he's over a point per game (1.21), what's wrong with that?

Reactions: uncleben

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Disagree. He's earned it.

Villeneuve was the wierd one, but this one is good.

Villeneuve is almost a PPG after a very slow start and is arguably the best defenseman on that team, especially when it comes to defense. Saint John is a team that is going for a deep run this year too, so it is not like he is a big fish in a small pond or anything.

Saint John just added Vincent Sevigny (remember him) today too, and I wouldn't be surprised if him and Villeneuve form a high end 1st pairing while Poirier and Desroches (the guy who helped Villeneuve get back on track) form their 2nd pairing with much softer usage.

Both were getting ELC's. I would have thought Voit would get his in the offseason though.

Reactions: stickty111

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I like the pick and his production so far has been legit.

I won't get excited yet but he's looking like a legit prospect so far.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I've kept an eye on him statistically like I do with most our prospects and he's looked decent. His team looks pretty average/bad or else his stats would be way better.

Imo its early to sign him but its not the end of the world either. Keep a spot open for Ho-Sang though, because if we make some trades, he is easily NHL caliber.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Maybe they are going to emergency recall him :sarcasm:

Top 30 in the entire OHL in both PPG and in scoring. Drives his team's offense. PK's for them too. It was only a matter of time, but I would have thought it would have happened in the offseason. Doing it now gets him a nice signing bonus before Christmas though I guess, so the Leafs do him a solid.
2 year chance vs a 3 year chance. If they sign him now they're saying he's basically worth a two year trial.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
2 year chance vs a 3 year chance. If they sign him now they're saying he's basically worth a two year trial.

His ELC slides until after next year. We aren't burning any years off of his ELC by signing him right now.

The only thing he gets from this is peace of mind, an earlier signing bonus, and likely a ~10k salary while playing in junior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad