Waived: 2021-22 Waivers List

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
He cannot go to minors if claimed (that is why Islanders waived him to get him to Bridgeport). The Rangers claim him and he has to stay with the big club.

Not only that, if the Rangers did claim him then Hutton would have been ineligible to play for the rest of the NHL season, including playoffs. And wouldn‘t be eligible to be sent to the AHL either.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
He played more then 10 games on Emergency Recall after clearing Waivers earlier in the season. Meaning he had to clear waivers to be sent to the AHL again.

The Islanders could have simply chosen to move Hutton to the regular roster for the rest of the regular season. They had the cap space and hadn’t used any of their 4 post deadline recalls.

Only logical reason for the Isles waiving Hutton was to keep him eligible to returned to the AHL for the end of their season and playoff run if the team decides to do so.
Right. The second emergency recall was nine games. The first one was two games. I didn't check if NYI had another injury necessitating the second emergency loan.

Bridgeport clinched a playoff berth tonight. Hutton had a primary assist on the first Bridgeport goal. If the Rangers claimed Hutton maybe the game has a different outcome and Bridgeport's final regular season game tomorrow night against the Wolf Pack gives Hartford another shot at knocking the Islanders out.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

What's the purpose of non-playoff teams placing players on waivers after the season?

The Vancouver players are pending UFA's. Isn't it enough to just not re-sign them?

The Ottawa player has a year left. They have no salary-cap issues. If they want to send him down next season, wouldn't they have to put him on waivers then?

I know I'm missing something, but I don't know what it is.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
What's the purpose of non-playoff teams placing players on waivers after the season?

The Vancouver players are pending UFA's. Isn't it enough to just not re-sign them?

The Ottawa player has a year left. They have no salary-cap issues. If they want to send him down next season, wouldn't they have to put him on waivers then?

a DelZotto/Ottawa article said he'd join their AHL team for AHL playoffs

i didn't check whether Canucks affiliate is in AHL playoffs too, but that seems a likely rationale

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

It’s all about having them participate in the AHL playoffs.

Reactions: Ciao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad