Waived: 2021-22 Waivers List

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Hoping the Devils claim Benson, just so his 1st game as a Devil would be against the Oilers
Oilers have this thing, where the worst former oilers EVER can score at will against the Oilers.

Doesn't matter if it's Yakupov, or Lucic, every former Oiler scores against us, and every former goalie posts a shut-out.
Mother f***ing Tobias Rieder went an entire season without scoring a single goal for us, and then signs with the Flames and pots 2 against us.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Can't figure out if there's anything to that Sekera move.

I wonder if the Stars are clearing room for something......or someone.

Like the Jankowski move, it makes it a touch more marketable to a team if they can bank a vet in the AHL and use them in case of injury. They don't have to go through the waiver side of things since it's been handled.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
We always speculate so and so will get claimed, then they don't.... but I wouldn't be surprised if Myers got a new home. Big RHD who can skate & throw his body around, maybe some untapped upside still

But then again, he has another year @ a $2.55M hit and $3.8M in real dollars, which is a lot for a guy who hasn't really cemented himself as a reliable full time NHLer.

So we shall see :)

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If Chevy is serious about going for it and is moving out a roster D, I can see him claiming Myers.
Only issue is Chevy is obsessed with left handers

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Look at his contract. No one is claiming that deal. Who wants to pay that guy 3.8 M in real dollars next season? NSH is doing this to send him to the farm and save a decent chunk of cap room.

This is hardly a team that needs to send players down, to save on cap space. He certainly hasn't lived up to his contract, as promising as he once was.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Look at his contract. No one is claiming that deal. Who wants to pay that guy 3.8 M in real dollars next season? NSH is doing this to send him to the farm and save a decent chunk of cap room.
he also isn't good.

of all the guys we've botched, somehow he's the one we maxed the value on

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I take that chance. Especially for the Habs that lack RD.

In every press conference Hughes says they want to increase their cap flexibility. Our cap is an absolute mess. We can't even bring back all of our RFA's and be cap compliant for next season.

Zero chance they go down this road and add to that problem for next season.

Reactions: Fenris

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He's only at a $2.55 million cap hit, that is super manageable for teams.
Very cheap buyout if you don't like him after 20-some games, though. That's why I figured the Preds would never waive him. We don't need or care about Cap space at all. Real cash may be something different. But there still isn't huge cap risk for other teams due to the cheap buyout.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
In every press conference Hughes says they want to increase their cap flexibility. Our cap is an absolute mess. We can't even bring back all of our RFA's and be cap compliant for next season.

Zero chance they go down this road and add to that problem for next season.

Seems like the habs are interested in re-signing Kulak. Instead of doing that, they could trade kulak for a pick and claim Myers of waivers. Myers's cap hit isnt much higher than Kulak's, and he's younger with a bigger potential.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad