2021-22 UEFA Champions League Qualifying & Group Stage part 1

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Potential Zvezda-Dinamo :laugh:

So this won't happen, Zvezda was surprisingly bounced by Sheriff Tiraspol. Dinamo in a tough fight with Legia too.

Slavia Prague out too after failing to overturn a 2-goal deficit against Ferencvaros.

Genk lost 2-1 (again) to Shakhtar but were hard done by, had plenty of chances to win the game but just lacked efficiency.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Ref has utterly bottled it here. Gives McGregor a yellow for blatantly handling it outside of the box (perhaps correctly, I hate that it's always a red) but bows to the pressure of the crowd and sends a Malmö player off. Pathetic embellishment from the hard man Goldson as well.

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
So this won't happen, Zvezda was surprisingly bounced by Sheriff Tiraspol. Dinamo in a tough fight with Legia too.

Pretty shocking though the amount of attention this potential game has gotten I think effects both teams, this round was viewed as a formality when it shouldn’t be. Dinamo are much better than Legia though and should advance if they can finish better, Legia had no business getting a draw in ZG. Only issue with Dinamo is a massive drop off in quality at manager, too conservative, even with his off the field problems I will admit Mamic was a decent coach who could possibly coach abroad had it not been his legal troubles :laugh:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Rangers getting mauled by 10 men Malmo. Terrible defending on that second, but both well taken by the striker.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Malmö :cool: I'd love them back in the CL GS

So after what feels like an eternity of qualifying rounds, we have now finally arrived at the final round, with the 6 winners going to the group stage.

RB Salzburg (AUT) v Brøndby IF (DEN)
Young Boys (SUI) v Ferencvaros (HUN)
Malmö (SWE) v Ludogorets (BUL)
Sheriff (MDA) v Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)

Benfica (POR) v PSV Eindhoven (NED)
Monaco (FRA) v Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

Genk and Spartak Moscow are going to the EL group stage; Rangers, Olympiakos, Crvena Zvezda and Legia Warsaw will play in the EL playoff round.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Malmö :cool: I'd love them back in the CL GS

So after what feels like an eternity of qualifying rounds, we have now finally arrived at the final round, with the 6 winners going to the group stage.

RB Salzburg (AUT) v Brøndby IF (DEN)
Young Boys (SUI) v Ferencvaros (HUN)
Malmö (SWE) v Ludogorets (BUL)
Sheriff (MDA) v Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)

Benfica (POR) v PSV Eindhoven (NED)
Monaco (FRA) v Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

Genk and Spartak Moscow are going to the EL group stage; Rangers, Olympiakos, Crvena Zvezda and Legia Warsaw will play in the EL playoff round.

Are pots 3 and 4 known already ? :)

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Pretty shocking though the amount of attention this potential game has gotten I think effects both teams, this round was viewed as a formality when it shouldn’t be. Dinamo are much better than Legia though and should advance if they can finish better, Legia had no business getting a draw in ZG. Only issue with Dinamo is a massive drop off in quality at manager, too conservative, even with his off the field problems I will admit Mamic was a decent coach who could possibly coach abroad had it not been his legal troubles :laugh:

Coaching wise, Mamić is Guardiola compared to Krznar.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Are pots 3 and 4 known already ? :)

Pot 3

Porto
Ajax
Leipzig
Atalanta
Zenit
Salzburg*
Shakhtar**
Benfica***

Pot 4

Besiktas
Dinamo Kiev
Club Brugge
Milan
Wolfsburg
Young Boys/Ferencvaros
Malmö/Ludogorets
Sheriff/Dinamo Zagreb
Brøndby*
Monaco**
PSV***

If Salzburg, Shakhtar and Benfica win their tie, they all go in Pot 3. If any of those teams lose, then Besiktas, Dinamo Kiev and Club Brugge are next in line to move up to P3. However Dinamo Zagreb can move up instead of Brugge if they beat Sheriff and Salzburg, Shakhtar and Benfica all lose.

Reactions: filip85

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
MALMÖ!

I think Red Bull, Young Boys, Malmö, Zagreb, Psv and Monaco advanvces.

I do hope Bröndby advances thought.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
WTF are you doing Rangers, come on!!

yes a rival team that gets even more money now, but, there is also a positive side, malmös sucess makes swedens coefficients points better, which will give other swedish teams a better chance when they are qualifying.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
yes a rival team that gets even more money now, but, there is also a positive side, malmös sucess makes swedens coefficients points better, which will give other swedish teams a better chance when they are qualifying.

Fore sure there could be positives, but I'm terrified of Malmö taking over even more. It's hard enough for the rest of us to challenge as it is

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
No, the positive is SEVCO crashing out of the competition.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Lukaku has two goals by now on some of these balls into the box

/s but also not /s?

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I wish we had a better shirt sponsor, I'd actually really like these kits.
They actually look quite decent on the field but they’re terrible and too much for a fan

Also Chalobah has looked good

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Werner is having a shocking game on the ball

Big ziyech

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad