2021-22 UEFA Champions League Qualifying & Group Stage part 1

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
2nd Q round starts tomorrow, but 3rd Q round draw has already been done

Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)/Omonia Nicosia (CYP) vs. Legia Warsaw (POL)/Floria Tallinn (EST)
Lincoln Red Imps (GIB)/Cluj (ROU) vs. Slovan Bratislava (SVK)/Young Boys (SUI)
Olympiakos (GRE)/Neftçi Baku (AZE) vs. Mura (SVN)/Ludogorets (BUL)

Kairat Almaty (KAZ)/Red Star Belgrade (SRB) vs. Alashkert (ARM)/Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA)
Malmo (SWE)/HJK Helsinki (FIN) vs. Rangers (SCO)
Ferencváros (HUN)/Žalgiris (LTU) vs. Slavia Prague (CZE)

PSV (NED)/Galatasaray (TUR) vs. Celtic (SCO)/Midtjylland (DEN)
Spartak Moscow (RUS) vs. Benfica (POR)
Genk (BEL) vs. Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Monaco (FRA) vs. Rapid Wien (AUT)/Sparta Prague (CZE)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, he hasn't been sold yet. There are rumors that he might be sold but those are really only rumors for now. Nothing concrete yet.
Rennes as a deal in place but need to sell to buy him.
Newcastle and Brentford are also after him (he deserves so much better).

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Rennes as a deal in place but need to sell to buy him.
Newcastle and Brentford are also after him (he deserves so much better).
Cajuste deserves better than Brentford? I agree in terms of club stature but they are amazing at developing players, so there are worse places for him to go (Rennes are probably a better place to go though). As a Swede who wants him to do well I would obviously prefer him to go to Rennes rather than playing under Steve Bruce at Newcastle.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Celtic's squad for this is shambolic. The board have massively messed up the last couple of years, going from a position of strength to having no defense.

Midtjylland win the tie easily imo.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Brentford and Midtjylland have the same owner so there could be something in the rumours. Brentford were linked with Onyeka too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cajuste deserves better than Brentford? I agree in terms of club stature but they are amazing at developing players, so there are worse places for him to go (Rennes are probably a better place to go though). As a Swede who wants him to do well I would obviously prefer him to go to Rennes rather than playing under Steve Bruce at Newcastle.
No, I mean even Rennes isn't big enough. The guy has some serious talent and a big team isn't doing its homework.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
biton shud be fined 2 weeks wages for that. if ur going to lose your composure and get sent off at least deck the guy instead of putting ur finger into his face.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Maybe a minor upset, but Israel champions Maccabi Haifa are out after losing to Kairat Almaty from Kazachstan, led by 37-year old Vagner Love :D
These qualifiers are always that weird time where some clubs are in mid-season and some just opened their pre-season a week ago. This is one of those.
Bitton with the most moronic second yellow you'll ever see. Will probably cost us the tie. Have been the far better team until now.
Up until a guy got sent off for two dives.

Saw Abada scored - why was he hooked, was he injured?

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
These qualifiers are always that weird time where some clubs are in mid-season and some just opened their pre-season a week ago. This is one of those.

Up until a guy got sent off for two dives.

Saw Abada scored - why was he hooked, was he injured?

No, he was taken off to make way for a CB due to Bitton's stupidity.

Played really well and deserved the goal before that

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I expect Malmö to beat ut HJK.

We should have a good chance against Rangers. Last time Malmö and Rangers faced eachother, malmö beat out Rangers with 2-1, it was in 2011. We also crushed hibs and beat out celtic. We like playing against scotish teams for a reason.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Zvezda lost the first leg away to Kairat, in another 'where are they now', Aleksandar Dragovic is playing for Zvezda even though he is only 30

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The Conference League qualifiers I've seen so far come across no better than the average summertime kickabout between two very average squads, still not convinced that this competition was what European football needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad