Speculation: 2021-22 Trade Thread V : Swedewatch III -The Verbeekening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
They've actually prolonged the rebuild with all the half measures they let Bob Murray do. I think Verbeek is just trying to build as many assets as he can with these UFAs Anaheim is gonna have lots of assets and caproom to do some stuff hopefully Pat is more creative than the previous guy

You mean the GM of the team that Verbeek said was ahead of the rebuild, raved about the players at the NHL level, AHL level, and prospects in the system, as well as the fact he doesn't have to start from scratch are several reasons why he wanted to go to Anaheim?

You simply can't say the last regime doesn't know what they're doing and then praise Verbeek when Verbeek praised the last regime.

I just listed the list of double dipping Murray's done for the draft since 2016. The farm team is ranked top-5 that excludes the graduated Zegras and Drysdale. Lots of youths took huge steps this year in Terry, Lundy, Zegras, and Milano when they weren't doing much last season. The health of the veterans paved that way for the youths and you think that wasn't creative?

We already have a lot of assets and cap room before we hired Verbeek.

Seriously, it's as if some fans can't give Murray credit despite the new GM giving him all the credit and the reason for picking Anaheim over any other team.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Why did the Rakell/Hampus auction trade thread get locked? Did he get moved?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why did the Rakell/Hampus auction trade thread get locked? Did he get moved?
Not yet…. Still wondering who is left for Rakell… Toronto could maybe grab him… Boston realistically… I think rangers prob could

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Not yet…. Still wondering who is left for Rakell… Toronto could maybe grab him… Boston realistically… I think rangers prob could
I think we get let down on the Rakell deal. A 1st would be great, but I'm guessing a 2+ something small. He's a 20 goal scorer who the team likely won't want to re-sign. Let's home I'm completely wrong.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I can see us moving Rakell… using assets to grab domi and resigning him and aim at fiala(or diff high end forward) in offseason, plus if Tampa has trouble keeping some players I’d love for us to snag cernek

Oct 18, 2011
You mean the GM of the team that Verbeek said was ahead of the rebuild, raved about the players at the NHL level, AHL level, and prospects in the system, as well as the fact he doesn't have to start from scratch are several reasons why he wanted to go to Anaheim?

You simply can't say the last regime doesn't know what they're doing and then praise Verbeek when Verbeek praised the last regime.

I just listed the list of double dipping Murray's done for the draft since 2016. The farm team is ranked top-5 that excludes the graduated Zegras and Drysdale. Lots of youths took huge steps this year in Terry, Lundy, Zegras, and Milano when they weren't doing much last season. The health of the veterans paved that way for the youths and you think that wasn't creative?

Seriously, it's as if some fans can't give Murray credit despite the new GM giving him all the credit and the reason for picking Anaheim over any other team.
I am not going to engage on a Bob debate with you this is not the topic for that, the results speak for themselves over the past 5 years

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

I honestly don't know with three of those four and the Pens, as Marek added in the next tweet. Carolina and Hextall seem way too patient and timid to make a splash. Maybe Burke helps in that regard somewhat but I'm skeptical and Carolina seems petrified to make a bad move. St.Louis isn't afraid but they have really just the one hole and ran out of great options to fix it. The Rangers, I dunno, I thought Drury would be more aggressive and the Vatrano move was just a cap flex but maybe he is only bargain hunting. Rakells been connected to them a bunch, though.

I feel confident the Avs are gonna do something, maybe even something big. Then again, they've never been that aggressive this time of year and I'm not sure trading a second and a prospect who might not have signed with them for something they desperately needed changes that. We'll see. If they do go big I wonder if they'll take a look at Drouin, familiarity with Mac and his contract fits their window.

Reactions: Static

Captain kahruinch

May 5, 2016
Hey guys,
I am long time lurker, but never post. I noticed Turris from Edmonton was waived, what do you guys think the best package Edm would give us for Rakell at 50 percent retention would be?

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Hey guys,
I am long time lurker, but never post. I noticed Turris from Edmonton was waived, what do you guys think the best package Edm would give us for Rakell at 50 percent retention would be?

Probably a 2+a prospect like Samorukov/Petrov. Though if I'm Verbeek, that's a trade in which I try to ask the Oilers for a conditional 1st where the protection revolves around the Oilers making the playoffs this year and give them the option if they miss to either send the pick or they keep it and it defers to an unprotected 1st in 2023 (though I doubt that Holland bites on it).

Reactions: Captain kahruinch

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We are going to end up not trading for a single established player aren't we.....

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
We are going to end up not trading for a single established player aren't we.....
Not if that established player is actually good. Teams that are buying aren't looking to deal away productive established players. Which is why the Ducks got John Moore.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

Do you think ANY new GM would ever come in and shit on the old GM?

Reactions: MCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad