Speculation: 2021-22 Trade Thread V : Swedewatch III -The Verbeekening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
1647707269731.jpeg

Previous thread : Speculation: - 2021-22 Trade Thread IV : Two Swedes, or Not Two Swedes, That is the Question

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I want to go on a 3 day drinking spree just to make this go by faster.

But yeah, I don't expect deals to be made over weekend. Not sure if all the teams and NHL departments are even working

There are less trades throughout the season on weekends because team's typically are more likely to be playing on the weekend. Making deals is so much easier to do, logistically speaking, when you have an off day (or more) to get everything handled.

But that all goes right out the window this close to the deadline. GMs are at it 16-20 hours a day right now. Last year there were an even dozen trades on the weekend prior to deadline Monday.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Boston guys saying buffalo going hard for Chychrun. Rooting for this so we can corner the premium LD market

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I just checked, his contract next year is a tough one. $3.8 million salary, I can see that being an issue for a lot of people. We've got money to spend though so hopefully they feel it's worth a flier.

Yeah just saw that as well, definitely the biggest drawback here. If they are down on him enough to waive him, and he does manage to clear, maybe a trade for Shattenkirk makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad