Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumours and FA Part III: Should we trade Girard or not ? Part 99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Totally agree. I'm so tired of the half assed measures they take to address the goaltending at every deadline, despite knowing both their goalies are injury prone, and have been injured at the same time, multiple times before.

And this year the goaltending is more for a concern than in recent years. Joe needs to be aggressive and bring in proven goaltender so they can all battle it out for the starters job. Time to stop screwing around and make a big push for the Cup this year.
31ah-groundhogday-movies-superJumbo.jpg

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I'm not sure the rationale giving assets for MAF unless he comes dirt cheap. Even then it would mean one of Franky or Keumper would need to be dealt. Can't see either one being exactly thrilled with that kind of move.

If they did it at the deadline, I COULD see a situation where they carry three goalies or find a way to flex Frank to the taxi squad depending on how that process goes the rest of the year. Might be some hard feelings over it, but it when you are in it to win it all....

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Not that it will happen with the way Kuemper is playing lately but it would be a such major failure to spend assets on another pending UFA goalie at the deadline. Yikes.
I agree with your sentiment that it would be frustrating to spend assets on another goalie; however, there is a way it could happen that would probably appease this board:

Fleury 50% for Compher.

The caphits are the same, and we open up $3.5m in capspace for next year as well. Depending on your view of Compher that trade could arguably bring Fleury in for a capdump rather than other more tradeable assets.

It probably wouldn't be the worst thing to have Kuemper and Fleury competing with eachother (and Francouz) for the starting role in the playoffs, and also for the starting job beyond this season.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I agree with your sentiment that it would be frustrating to spend assets on another goalie; however, there is a way it could happen that would probably appease this board:

Fleury 50% for Compher.

The caphits are the same, and we open up $3.5m in capspace for next year as well. Depending on your view of Compher that trade could arguably bring Fleury in for a capdump rather than other more tradeable assets.

It probably wouldn't be the worst thing to have Kuemper and Fleury competing with eachother (and Francouz) for the starting role in the playoffs, and also for the starting job beyond this season.

If you’re Chicago, why is that a move that you make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad