Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumours and FA Part III: Should we trade Girard or not ? Part 99

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Think it depends on how things go for them over the next 2 months. They keep falling off and I bet they unload their UFAs. They can always resign him in the offseason even if they trade him away.
The issue with that is term. We know players get hung up on term all the time and whoever has Lindholm can offer him that lucrative 8th year taking him to 36 instead of only 7 year possibility as a UFA to get to 35.

Might not mean much to us, but that could be the difference between millions of dollars.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Oh, this is 100% what I'm expecting to happen. Holden and Pickard with the outside chance of Nieto or Namestnikov.

I'll admit if either of Fluery or Giroux decide Colorado is where they want to be, I can see it happening. But that's mainly because the player is going to have a big say in where they go and that will control the price.

Outside of those two, deadline day just isn't Sakic's thing. I need to see it to believe it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jeff Marek floated him out as a great fit for the Avs today

He would be the ultimate fit. The Avs have been doing a remarkable job of stepping up and getting to the net front area in the absence of guys like Saad and Donskoi, but they still don't have a true natural in that area, and Pavelski is probably the best net-front guy in the entire league. NO ONE would be able to stop the power play, not to mention they'd be able to start with the puck virtually every single time because he would win every faceoff.

And this is all coming from someone who can't stand Joe Pavelski.

I don't see it happening though.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Jeff Marek floated him out as a great fit for the Avs today

There's no way he's heard anything because this is the time of year that Sakic plays groundhog.
If he sees his shadow, no big acquisition. No shadow....no big acquisition.

I'd like a Pavs deal or possibly JTM/Giroux, don't get me wrong. I just want it to be in a deal where the juice is worth the squeeze.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
He would be the ultimate fit. The Avs have been doing a remarkable job of stepping up and getting to the net front area in the absence of guys like Saad and Donskoi, but they still don't have a true natural in that area, and Pavelski is probably the best net-front guy in the entire league. NO ONE would be able to stop the power play, not to mention they'd be able to start with the puck virtually every single time because he would win every faceoff.

And this is all coming from someone who can't stand Joe Pavelski.

I don't see it happening though.
Would they actually use him in front of the net? Seems like 99% of the time they don't have anyone in front of the net on the PP.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
EJ is ready for Pavs (they are friends I believe)

MY1S0Fs.png

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
At this point the Avs are going to trade for everyone.

On March 21st, we will have traded for Joe Pavelski, Claude Giroux, JT Miller, MAF, and Hampus Lindholm.

And our team will look like this:

Landy - Mack - Mikko
Guroux - Kadri - Burakovsky
Nuke - Miller - Pavelski
LOC - Newhook - NAK

Toews - Makar
Lindholm - Girard
Byram - EJ

MAF
Kuemper
Francouz

You heard it here first.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado

On March 21st, we will have traded for Joe Pavelski, Claude Giroux, JT Miller, MAF, and Hampus Lindholm.

Landy - Mack - Mikko
Nuke - Miller - Pavelski
LOC - Newhook - NAK

Toews - Makar
Lindholm - Girard
Byram - EJ

MAF
Kuemper
Francouz

You heard it here first.
We trade or bench MacD? f*** YOU! :sarcasm:

Reactions: The Moops

bromando

Jun 4, 2013

Landy - Mack - Mikko
Nuke - Miller - Pavelski
LOC - Newhook - NAK

Toews - Makar
Lindholm - Girard
Byram - EJ

MAF
Kuemper
Francouz

You heard it here first.
Will suck to have no picks or prospects for the next ten years but that's a good looking lineup.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Landy - Mack - Mikko
Nuke - Miller - Pavelski
LOC - Newhook - NAK

Toews - Makar
Lindholm - Girard
Byram - EJ

MAF
Kuemper
Francouz

You heard it here first.

LaCroixesque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Would they actually use him in front of the net? Seems like 99% of the time they don't have anyone in front of the net on the PP.

They prefer to have someone serve as the bumper to rove around as needed, but I imagine they'd make a change there since Pavs' bread and butter is in the slot. Whenever they use Nuke on the power play, he usually just sits right in front of the goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad