Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Reading this tweet:

upload_2022-2-14_19-30-10.gif

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I wouldn’t at all be surprised if EJ found the fountain of youth in the playoffs. The guy knows this is his moment and possibly last chance to get it done with this team. He’s been up and down this year, but he’s definitely had some warrior type blocks late in games that can be useful in the playoffs.

JJ should be getting 3rd pairing minutes, but the Avs seem to like him more than the fan base does. Even when Byram was healthy he was playing a decent amount.

Even though he’s a loveable goon, MacDermid worries me a lot more than those guys.

EJ is more likely to go full Graves in the PO than be a high-end contributor. He’s the original shin-pad destroyer.

Reactions: AvsCOL

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It would be abject failure for Sakic to allow him to go to a division rival. Get it done.

Those names are just there to try and get Sakic to up his offer. Guerin has gone on record multiple times saying he isn’t going to trade a 1st this TDL.

Plus Giroux doesn’t move the needle for either of those teams. If the Avs can’t beat either team if they get Giroux, they wouldn’t beat Vegas or whoever comes out of the East either.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That Giroux info sounds like it’s coming straight from the Flyers.

“Claude would like to go to Colorado, but we’re going to say he’d also like to go to their divisional rivals to drive up the price.”

Very true.

It's also Dater so it's not exactly trustworthy. It would make a lot of sense though especially if it's coming from the Philly side and they're using it to try and goat Joe into one last piece upgrade somewhere.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Those names are just there to try and get Sakic to up his offer. Guerin has gone on record multiple times saying he isn’t going to trade a 1st this TDL.

Plus Giroux doesn’t move the needle for either of those teams. If the Avs can’t beat either team if they get Giroux, they wouldn’t beat Vegas or whoever comes out of the East either.

They don’t have need to trade their first. Their prospect pool is one of the best in the league and deep enough to use a couple pieces as trade bait without any real impact.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
They don’t have need to trade their first. Their prospect pool is one of the best in the league and deep enough to use a couple pieces as trade bait without any real impact.

Most of those prospects also have NHL roles on the Wild next season, whether they’re ready or not.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
They were outcoached and outworked against Vegas and they choked. At this point I would love to see Giroux, some bigger body in 3rd line and D like Holden or whatever.

They pummeled us starting in game 3 and we folded. We are a soft team. Hopefully the boys have learnt what it takes to win in the playoffs when you can't score 7 goals a game.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
With regards to Hagel, Tampa would be the team to be worried about, because they have a GM who has a track record of getting moves like this done.

Hagel's contract also lines up perfectly with Toronto's window given that Matthews/Nylander/Muzzin/Brodie all hit UFA in 2024, so I'd hazard a guess that they'll be in on him as well given their limited capspace.
Good. Let them spend their ammo on him which puts the, on equal footing Sakic for another other trades.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I actually feel like Dater is getting this info from Carchidi who’s actually legit. Now whether Carchidi was fed this purposely from the Flyers to drive up value or not is certainly a question but I don’t think Dater pulled this out of thin air.

Reactions: The Merchant

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

Of course he moves the needle. And regardless of how much he would tilt the scales in the other direction why even take that chance? Tilt them in your favor instead. It's obviously all just posturing, but if a Giroux-caliber player wants to join you specifically for a run you don't dick around with that advantage.

Reactions: The Moops

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Minnesota could add McDavid and I'm still taking the Avs in 5

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I actually feel like Dater is getting this info from Carchidi who’s actually legit. Now whether Carchidi was fed this purposely from the Flyers to drive up value or not is certainly a question but I don’t think Dater pulled this out of thin air.
Has Dater been right (first) on anything in the past ~3 years...? I think the dude is cooked, in terms of credibility.

Reactions: AvsCOL

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Has Dater been right (first) on anything in the past ~3 years...? I think the dude is cooked, in terms of credibility.
Oh he’s a clown. I don’t even think he’s allowed in the arena anymore lol. But what I’m saying is that there’s a good chance we know where he’s hearing this one.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Dater is often wrong but he doesn't make shit up (as in lying on purpose). If he says "I'm told" then someone who he thinks is trustworthy told him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad