Speculation: 2021-22 Sharks Roster Discussion Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
If that was the best offer out there for Hill, I would take it. It beats losing him through waivers.

No permanent GM as of yet, with Joe Will as acting GM. The search is ongoing.

Personally Reimer is the guy I want, but I can see why the Sharks are keeping him. On the plus side, at least your team has a good version of a goalie problem compared to the Sabres. We don’t have a single goalie under contract for next year yet that can play and rumour is the team is waiting for Anderson to decide what he’s doing before they do anything.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Personally Reimer is the guy I want, but I can see why the Sharks are keeping him. On the plus side, at least your team has a good version of a goalie problem compared to the Sabres. We don’t have a single goalie under contract for next year yet that can play and rumour is the team is waiting for Anderson to decide what he’s doing before they do anything.
I think Reimer could be had but he’s gonna cost a lot more than a mid round pick that Hill is worth. Kind of a premium being a good goalie signed for cheap and cap teams like Toronto should salivate over him

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think Reimer could be had but he’s gonna cost a lot more than a mid round pick that Hill is worth. Kind of a premium being a good goalie signed for cheap and cap teams like Toronto should salivate over him

I realize that. I’d offer one of the 3 seconds next year the Sabres have (probably Vegas’ because then the Shark fans get the fun of hating Vegas and the joy of hoping the pick gets better and better like we did this year with their 1st for even more fun). I don’t think I’d offer the Florida 1st unless there’s a small add, but I dunno what that’d be

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I realize that. I’d offer one of the 3 seconds next year the Sabres have (probably Vegas’ because then the Shark fans get the fun of hating Vegas and the joy of hoping the pick gets better and better like we did this year with their 1st for even more fun). I don’t think I’d offer the Florida 1st unless there’s a small add, but I dunno what that’d be
Totally fair, im surprised you would be okay with the sabres trading even that, I feel like his real value will be with the teams who have no money to spend but need a goalie to stay good.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Totally fair, im surprised you would be okay with the sabres trading even that, I feel like his real value will be with the teams who have no money to spend but need a goalie to stay good.

I’d be fine with it because I’m sure that he’d last more than one season with the Sabres. If it blows up in their face then it’s whatever. He’s not a cap dump trade like Varlamov would be (assuming the Sabres could acquire him and he’d waive his M-NTC).

In order of my personal preferences for an actual starter, it goes Reimer, Campbell, Varlamov, Samsonov/Vanecek. My two previous choices already re-signed so they’re out (Francouz & Elliott).

But if Hill could be had for a 6th, then I can live with that. It’s supposed to be another development year anyway but I just don’t wanna see Anderson back as the de facto starter

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I suspect the Sharks can get a 2nd for Reimer at the deadline. I think they would want more to move him during the off-season.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
JD is good and the prior 3rd guy (Eric I think?) was good as well. The episodes that JD has done alone have been much better than anything he'd done with Kyle since Eklund got drafted. Really liked JD on SJHN Pod as well for those couple of episodes. Seems chameleon-ish in that he can adapt to whichever style his co-host is running with.

I find him to be very boring and has a bare minimum approach to the show.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I’ve been thinking how we could make a Kakko deal work and I wonder how a deal like this would be received by the Rangers:

Sharks get:
Kappo Kakko
Zac Jones
Patrick Nemeth

Rangers get:
11th overall
Thomas Bordeleau
Logan Couture ($2M retained)

The Sharks get a young second line winger who fills in a lot of blanks for us (size, two-way play, puck-carrier) and has the potential to be more, a young left-handed puck-moving defenseman (I like Jones a lot, I feel like he’d be a really good add for us), and Nemeth is a cap dump who comes off the books fairly soon.

Couture is still a good 2A center with a stellar playoff history and at $6M he provides good value to the Rangers. He can be 2A to Chytil’s 2B, and then get can flip-flop as Chytil gets better and Couture declines into the 3C role. 11th overall and Bordeleau make up the value.

I don’t love this value for the Sharks, which makes me think it might be somewhat fair. Definitely feels wrong to move out our 2nd and 3rd best prospects as a rebuilding team, but I think a deal like this would help us out a lot in the short and long-term.

• Haha
Reactions: General Manager

Grinner

May 31, 2022
I’ve been thinking how we could make a Kakko deal work and I wonder how a deal like this would be received by the Rangers:

Sharks get:
Kappo Kakko
Zac Jones
Patrick Nemeth

Rangers get:
11th overall
Thomas Bordeleau

The Sharks get a young second line winger who fills in a lot of blanks for us (size, two-way play, puck-carrier) and has the potential to be more, a young left-handed puck-moving defenseman (I like Jones a lot, I feel like he’d be a really good add for us), and Nemeth is a cap dump who comes off the books fairly soon.

Couture is still a good 2A center with a stellar playoff history and at $6M he provides good value to the Rangers. He can be 2A to Chytil’s 2B, and then get can flip-flop as Chytil gets better and Couture declines into the 3C role. 11th overall and Bordeleau make up the value.

I don’t love this value for the Sharks, which makes me think it might be somewhat fair. Definitely feels wrong to move out our 2nd and 3rd best prospects as a rebuilding team, but I think a deal like this would help us out a lot in the short and long-term.
No thanks and I say it's a Will Cuylle short on their part

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY

Sharks get:
Kappo Kakko
Zac Jones
Patrick Nemeth

Rangers get:
11th overall
Thomas Bordeleau

Sharks lose that deal and honestly I don’t really want Kakko unless we somehow steal him in a deal. With what you’re proposing there its treating him as though he’s playing close to that of a 2nd overall pick when in fact he hasn’t been. Could he turn it around? Maybe, but I feel like he tops out as an average 2 way 2nd liner. I like Jones too (loved him at UMass) but I think he tops out as a 2nd pairing dman with PP minutes. Take Bordeleau out and throw in a lower prospect from our team and I‘d possibly be more interested. As you have it, this deal is treating Couture like he has negative value when that is far from the case. Couture alone at 2M retained would likely still get a solid return.

jarr92

May 7, 2013

Sharks get:
Kappo Kakko
Zac Jones
Patrick Nemeth

Rangers get:
11th overall
Thomas Bordeleau

You want to retain $2M for 5 years with Couture, give up the 11th overall pick, plus a decent prospect in Bordeleau for a trade centered around Kakko? His career high is 23 points (in his first season) and he has averaged .37ppg over 157 regular season games in his career so far. Other than draft pedigree, why would the Sharks make that deal? Also if that happened I believe it would be break the NHL record for most salary retained in a trade :laugh:

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
I see Kakko becoming Granlund like player, where he will one day become a regular 60 points guy, but not a difference maker. I don't think its a good idea to touch Bordeleau, he has something I really want for the Sharks. Can't explain it, just something about him with that Vegas game-winning shootout goal gives me the vibes he is going to be a factor, not a difference maker though.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think I’d try for PHI 2nd next season or depending on the add FLA 1st this season. If the add is someone like Bonino, Labanc, Meloche, Dahlen, etc. sure but if we are talking someone closer to like a Kniazev, Coe, Robins, probably not.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think I’d try for PHI 2nd next season or depending on the add FLA 1st this season. If the add is someone like Bonino, Labanc, Meloche, Dahlen, etc. sure but if we are talking someone closer to like a Kniazev, Coe, Robins, probably not.

I was thinking a prospect, but I don’t know enough about the Sharks ones. I only know of Theo Jacobsson because I acquire him in NHL 22 because he’s apparently good at faceoffs but I dunno if that’s even true :laugh:

I have an interest in Dahlen. He looked good in both games I watched against the Sabres this year. Plus he comes with the bonus of confusing Rob Ray.

And looking at the prospects on EP, Kashnikov stands out to me, but that’s moreso because of his position (F/D). Him being Russian will also help Kisakov adjust to North America next year.

How about this? Reimer, Dahlen and Kashnikov for Florida 1st + Bjork?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I was thinking a prospect, but I don’t know enough about the Sharks ones. I only know of Theo Jacobsson because I acquire him in NHL 22 because he’s apparently good at faceoffs but I dunno if that’s even true :laugh:

I have an interest in Dahlen. He looked good in both games I watched against the Sabres this year. Plus he comes with the bonus of confusing Rob Ray.

And looking at the prospects on EP, Kashnikov stands out to me, but that’s moreso because of his position (F/D). Him being Russian will also help Kisakov adjust to North America next year.

How about this? Reimer, Dahlen and Kashnikov for Florida 1st + Bjork?
Take out Bjork and deal.

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad