GDT: 2021-22 season WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER FINALS Game 7 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/14/22 Series tied 3-3

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
GO KINGS GO!

oilers-jersey.jpg

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Danault: 3 goals, 2 assists, +6

No other forward has a positive plus/minus. Moore and Lizotte are even. That’s about it.

Athanasiou’s probably been the most disappointing player this series, 1 goal and a -4 in 5 games and frankly hasn’t looked good. I think he’s played himself out of a contract for next season.

This could be it. I hope we get to see another series, but if not, this was a great result for the team. I would have liked to see our younger players given more of a chance and step up more throughout the season, but if nothing else I have high hopes for Kaliyev next year in our top six.

Let’s go boys, do it for Brown.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
There's no way he won't play. Even in a sheltered role, his offense is too important to them. If he dresses and can't go more than 2 minutes, so be it. Have to at least try to gut it out.
The Kings need to remember the most important thing the Lakers forgot...

"Sweep the leg!"

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

No other forward has a positive plus/minus. Moore and Lizotte are even. That’s about it.

Athanasiou’s probably been the most disappointing player this series, 1 goal and a -4 in 5 games and frankly hasn’t looked good. I think he’s played himself out of a contract for next season.

This could be it. I hope we get to see another series, but if not, this was a great result for the team. I would have liked to see our younger players given more of a chance and step up more throughout the season, but if nothing else I have high hopes for Kaliyev next year in our top six.

Not sure why TM doesn’t match up Danault against McDavid more.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
At the beginning of the year would any of you believed we are on the verge of making round two without our best player for half the season, Peterson playing so poor he is not even a playoff option, Kopitar show he may not be able to carry a line anymore, and not one of the highly touted prospects providing any offense?

We saw Kaliyev take a tremendous step away from the puck, Durzi make most of us look like idiots, Kempe show he can bury a puck, and Danault show he can single handedly gel a legit second line together.

We were the forgotten team, the constant underdogs. We as a whole questioned the front office, looked in disbelief at the roster moves and wondered if our coaching staff sniffed glue a little to much.

Somewhere through all this a 99 point season and so far 3 playoff wins and crossing fingers for more.

This off season is huge. Blake and Co have seen a lot of the rookies, got to see the coaching staff in all situations and have seen what the development staff and trainers bring. I know we need to bring in some on ice talent and the right type of talent but taking the next step may require changing some of the off ice staff.

Our Prospects and our Special teams need the greatest turn around going into next year. They kind of go hand in hand. Having a Byfield and Kaliyev take that next step could boost the power play.

Full time Doughty and a new big physical Dman would help the PK.

Our biggest need may be getting Peterson back on track because that contract is a killer.

No matter what happens tonight the boys on the ice have played above expectations and we should be proud. We still have an awesome prospect base and we have money under the cap. Future still looks great.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Well the Kings have nothing to loose but everything to gain in this 7th game of the series. Considering the injuries and the youth they have, they have done a very good job making the playoffs and pushing this series to a game 7.

Reactions: funky

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole

Keep seeing how it’s good for our younger players: that would be Anderson and Kaliyev?

Most of the youth is scratched and can’t even go to the AHL.

Guess it’s something to practice and watch from the sidelines.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Keep seeing how it’s good for our younger players: that would be Anderson and Kaliyev?

Most of the youth is scratched and can’t even go to the AHL.

Guess it’s something to practice and watch from the sidelines.

I didn’t say that. I said it was a good team result this year. The Kings made the playoffs and at the very least took a good team to a game seven.

As for our youth, I specifically called out the opposite: wish the kids would have played a much bigger role. Anderson’s in his third full season, he’s not a kid anymore. Good for Durzi and Kaliyev, but everyone else looked mediocre at best. Whether that’s aptitude, deployment, or some combination of those plus other factors doesn’t really matter.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
my gut tells me this will be it. I hope I’m wrong and I will root for them until the final buzzer.

if It is it, I am super proud of their effort all season, but for a few turds, has been consistently very good.

GKG.
I feel pretty bad about this game today. I have a bad feeling they will be blown out.

Kings4thecup

Aug 16, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I am super stoked for Game 7 tonight! This is the night to be perfect of the PK. If they can do that, I really like their chances. Maybe Kupari with that giant goal tonight. GKG!

Reactions: lumbergh

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Edmonton hit another gear when their playoff lives were at stake. Now it’s the Kings who are on the edge of elimination, will they find that next level? I think they will. If they play at that next level they can beat the Oil.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I feel pretty bad about this game today. I have a bad feeling they will be blown out.
You have a bad feeling? I’m shocked.

Just curious, is your real life as miserable as your HF Boards life?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad