GDT: 2021-22 season game 80 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:30pm

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Nice to see how the younger players are showing passion, newer players, and older players.

Kempe getting up immediately up off the bench when Kaliyev got his is something you love to see.

Byfield immediately jumping on Getzlaf no hesitation is amazing.

Danault with these poetic quotes is really really good. Leadership fully.

Quick looking stoked to be going to the playoffs is going to be a hard one to beat. All things you’d love to see that paints a broader picture.

I know a lot of Oilers fans think the Kings will be a cakewalk. But I don’t think the Kings will go down that easily.
If the Kings can keep the penalties to a minimum they can make the Oilers very uncomfortable.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If it's true that Anderson will be back then that'll make the series much more interesting. He ain't no Doughty but he isn't a slouch.

On that note, Doughty is probably dying inside that he's sidelined.

1vxrdh.gif

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
I only got to see the highlights of the game, so I have to ask: did Byfield look as good throughout the entire game? It looked like he had a heck of a game judging from the highlights.

With concerns over Turcotte and Vilardi's development so far, the Kings really need Byfield to be a home run. Although everyone here already knows that, so I guess that was a pointless statement. Oh well.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I only got to see the highlights of the game, so I have to ask: did Byfield look as good throughout the entire game? It looked like he had a heck of a game judging from the highlights.

With concerns over Turcotte and Vilardi's development so far, the Kings really need Byfield to be a home run. Although everyone here already knows that, so I guess that was a pointless statement. Oh well.
Keep those pointless statements coming, friend.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego

At 1:38 just look how crazy strong Carter was and fast. That shits insane to have such size and speed. Made Lindholm his bitch and didn’t lose a step doing so.

My Dad’s commentary on the Carter goal in real-time: “Man, he got Hampus-ed.”

• Haha
Reactions: Sol

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Yea, he looked good that game, Byfield, Kaliyev, Grundstrum seem to work....

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
If any player retaliated and cross-checked the back of the head, I would say it is worse than the initial upward crosscheck to the face.

That doesn't mean Mahura's was a minor and Kaliyev's was a major. Both deserved 5+.

But Kaliyev's is worse in my opinion.
Worse, yes. Justified, also yes.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

At 1:38 just look how crazy strong Carter was and fast. That shits insane to have such size and speed. Made Lindholm his bitch and didn’t lose a step doing so.

That was nice to review again... Carter was so good and so was PP1... a little Gaborik goes a long way

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Season series verse Edmonton:

12/5 @EDM 5-1 (Kings)
2/15 @LAK 5-2 (Oilers)
3/30 @EDM 4-3 (Oilers in SO)
4/7 @LAK 3-2 (Oilers)

*Oilers made coaching change on Feb 10th.

So it's been fairly even.

Glad we'll have the road ice advantage.

Glad you brought this up. The entire year was fairly close even in the losses, and the 1st game was just a masterful way to shut down those 2 guys. They were really frustrated. I hope they look at last years playoff real close, that would give them a template on how to beat them. It won't be easy but it can be done. Plus everyone loves the underdog!

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
There wouldn’t be a second round without Gaborik for sure. If byfield can become a Carter I’d be extremely happy.
Saw some good things for QB yesterday.. actually first time he was good in 2 straight games. We saw some of the IQ on that pass to 34...I was starting sour on him a bit, but im back to being optimistic.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Think its irrelevant actually- Mahura is crosschecking upwards directly to Kaliyevs face. Maybe a debatable bit of hockey philosophy but both were worthy of the match penalty. Once again agree to disagree but the whole sequence can be seen here around the 2 minute mark. And my point here being- why is crosschecking a player to the face somehow less severe than the back of the head? You can make the arguement the back of the head while wearing a helmet is more protected than the facial area.

Jim Fox is Hayward levels of bad in this clip.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Glad you brought this up. The entire year was fairly close even in the losses, and the 1st game was just a masterful way to shut down those 2 guys. They were really frustrated. I hope they look at last years playoff real close, that would give them a template on how to beat them. It won't be easy but it can be done. Plus everyone loves the underdog!

Didn't McDavid get a game misconduct in that first game too?

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
To the surprise of absolutely nobody, Byfield and Kaliyev looked the best we've ever seen them when playing important, emotional games. A pissed off, assertive Byfield and Kaliyev would be a HUGE boon to our fourth line.
The NHL playoffs have a long history of young kids in small roles making big statements.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The NHL playoffs have a long history of young kids in small roles making big statements.

If they could get QB to stop doing drivebys and just plaster a few dudes, I think they'd have an even better shot.

You can tell when Kaliyev gets in on the forecheck now he doesn't give guys free outs. He's not a bruiser, but he hits, and he hits to separate. he's been causing some major turnovers.

If Byfield could start incorporating at least that--and not even ALL the time, even just like 50% of the time!--the d would absolutely start shitting themselves. With his reach, closing speed, and size, he doesn't even really need to crush to get the puck--but you'd better believe if he starts throwing hits like he did on the first shift last game, guys will start hearing footsteps and it'll open up his game that much more.

I bring this up in response to your statement because I have this vision where the 4th line is barely playing then all of a sudden Byfield is in on the forecheck laying out Barrie and getting the puck to Kaliyev for a snipe. I'd also like to think that's what the coaches are looking for more of when he's on the 3rd/4th lines.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
If they could get QB to stop doing drivebys and just plaster a few dudes, I think they'd have an even better shot.

You can tell when Kaliyev gets in on the forecheck now he doesn't give guys free outs. He's not a bruiser, but he hits, and he hits to separate. he's been causing some major turnovers.

If Byfield could start incorporating at least that--and not even ALL the time, even just like 50% of the time!--the d would absolutely start shitting themselves. With his reach, closing speed, and size, he doesn't even really need to crush to get the puck--but you'd better believe if he starts throwing hits like he did on the first shift last game, guys will start hearing footsteps and it'll open up his game that much more.

I bring this up in response to your statement because I have this vision where the 4th line is barely playing then all of a sudden Byfield is in on the forecheck laying out Barrie and getting the puck to Kaliyev for a snipe. I'd also like to think that's what the coaches are looking for more of when he's on the 3rd/4th lines.
When the Wings won, this is what Darren Helm was in 08.
In the 09 cup run he was credited for 118 hits in 278 minutes. I think the 08 stats guys must have been asleep because he only got 28 hits in 135 minutes.
Not QB's size. But just 100 percent speed, hitting everything that moved.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Byfield actually laid a hit out in this game, I was surprised as hell, but he plastered the guy pretty good.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad