GDT: 2021-22 season game 76 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @6:30pm 4/13/22

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I don’t believe in censorship but I’m close.
I don't see it as censorship.

The people I ignore can still post. They just aren't going to get responses from me. Because I know I'm tempted to say some very mean things, which I sometimes actually feel bad about.

So, either I leave the forum because one way or another, I won't enjoy my time here... or I ignore the trolls.

Preventing grief over what should be an enjoyable, harmless pasttime is something I fully endorse. Hopefully they're ignoring me, too, at least if they find my content unenjoyable.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
so you did a half-assed job at making an argument and expect others to fill in your blanks?

6 major blowouts in 2 months whilst being top 3 in a division battling for a spot was my point

if you don't like this point, just freaking move on, i have no interest in a battle of wits with someone that escaped his ward

I was working, but f*** it, let's have some fun,

Looks like you define a major blowout as 5 or more, actually going back, you are classifying a 3 goal game as a major blowout....let's give you SOME hockey IQ credit and make it 4....hows that?

LA has been blown out TEN times...has blown others out 7 Times....

COL has been blown out TWICE, and has blown others out 8 times,

CGY has been blown out THREE times, and has blown out others an impressive 16 times, just curious, anyone wondering if CGY is better than COL? Naw...didn't think so....

FLA has been blown out THREE times, and has blown out others 12 times,

Pretty sure if I kept going with TOR, BOS, PIT, MIN, TB, etc results will be somewhat the same,

Now...answer me this....how many of those teams, had at any point in time, their top SIX DEFENSEMAN out of the lineup at the same time.....

All of those teams, are 100% better than LA, no doubt, personnel, prime, etc, none of them have done anything remotely as impressive as a team, than LA has, to lose THAT amount of man power and STILL be in the fight for the playoffs, in a year that was no one expected a FULLY HEALTHY LA team, to do that....

But yea, that's the result of bad management......like I said, it's a horse shit take.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I don't see it as censorship.

The people I ignore can still post. They just aren't going to get responses from me. Because I know I'm tempted to say some very mean things, which I sometimes actually feel bad about.

So, either I leave the forum because one way or another, I won't enjoy my time here... or I ignore the trolls.

Preventing grief over what should be an enjoyable, harmless pasttime is something I fully endorse. Hopefully they're ignoring me, too, at least if they find my content unenjoyable.
Yeah I mean I’m not stopping them from posting but it feels weird to block content. I like to let people out themselves mostly, but damn. These guys are making it hard.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The original point is that the Kings have been BTFO several times in a short time span which is not the hallmark of a good team.

Every team gets blown out once in awhile but its generally only the bad ones that have it happen frequently.

Agreed, but again, not one team has lost their entire backend....shit, let's do some more work,

10 blowouts by that guy's standard of 4 or more,

Blow out 1 - 7-3 STL - full healthy D
Blow out 2 - 6-2 TOR - Missing Doughty, Walker
Blow out 3 - 4-0 VAN - Missing Walker
Blow out 4 - 5-1 CAR - Missing Walker, Doughty, Edler
Blow out 5 - 6-2 SJ - Missing Walker, Edler
Blow out 6 - 7-0 BOS - Missing Walker, Edler
Blow out 7 - 5-0 SJ - Missing Walker, Doughty, Edler, Andersson,
Bow out 8 - 5-1 LV - Missing Walker, Doughty, Andersson, Roy, Bjornfoot,
Blow out 9 - 6-1 SEA - Missing, Walker, Doughty, Andersson, Roy, Edler
Blow out 10 - 9-3 COL - Missing, Walker, Doughty Andersson, Bjornfoot

10 blowouts, missing Walker for 9, Doughty for 6, Edler for 5, Roy for 2, Andersson, 4 Bjornfoot 2,

Considering to start the season the top six was Doughty, Andersson, Roy, Edler, Maata, and Bjornfoot,

Where they are now, is pretty goddamn impressive......f***ing management sucks balls for getting them there.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Yeah I mean I’m not stopping them from posting but it feels weird to block content. I like to let people out themselves mostly, but damn. These guys are making it hard.
I felt weird about putting them on ignore because I talk a fair amount of shit on here. Dish it out, etc…

But it’s the dishonest argument style, constant straw men, smug condescension, unjustified arrogance, and it shows itself in exactly the same way every single time. These kinds of people never change either. They never have that moment where they go “gosh, several reasonable people are calling me an asshole and blocking me left and right…could it be….ME?”

Nope. It’s a never ending faucet of grandstanding nonsense. Shut off the faucet. It’s lovely.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
ignore user button is a blessing guys, i'm telling you

just not worth it
Usually I have not been a fan of that particular feature, but there are a few exaggerated examples of people not worth conversing with on this forum that have changed my tune.

Has really turned things into a somewhat enjoyable experience around these parts.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
So....junior success automatically leads to NHL success, that's the counter?
You must be purposefully obtuse. Literally no one is arguing that. But Kaliyev has a great shot, as is evident by those clips posted, and scouting reports, and using your eyeballs to watch him shoot. No one is saying he'll save the PP and score 40 goals. All anyone is arguing is to put him in a position to use his best skill. It's a very common tactic to put a winger on his off wing as it gives him a much better shooting lane, so why not utilize this on the PP? Of course he's not Ovechkin, but he still has one of the best shots on the team, one-timer, slapshot, wrist shot, etc, it doesn't matter. Your argument essentially boils down to defending one of the worst PPs in the league and criticizing people here who are simply asking for some change in a completely stagnated PP that has had zero success all season. Actually...I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
You must be purposefully obtuse. Literally no one is arguing that. But Kaliyev has a great shot, as is evident by those clips posted, and scouting reports, and using your eyeballs to watch him shoot. No one is saying he'll save the PP and score 40 goals. All anyone is arguing is to put him in a position to use his best skill. It's a very common tactic to put a winger on his off wing as it gives him a much better shooting lane, so why not utilize this on the PP? Of course he's not Ovechkin, but he still has one of the best shots on the team, one-timer, slapshot, wrist shot, etc, it doesn't matter. Your argument essentially boils down to defending one of the worst PPs in the league and criticizing people here who are simply asking for some change in a completely stagnated PP that has had zero success all season. Actually...I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue.
I thought it was rather obvious. Kaliyev does not have the overpowering shot you need in the NHL to sit on his off wing and be fed one timers. What makes his shot so damned good is the release and the ability to get it off. Showing a bunch of JUNIOR clips trying to argue he does, is like saying JASON BOTTERILL was a great NHL SCORER because he scored in Juniors.

The shit that worked in Juniors does not translate all the time.

But the chances of this board being tight and multiple people with ACTUAL decades of being in the ACTUAL business is just f***ing...what? I mean shit, you guys are literally saying a coach doesnt know what the offside wing on the PP does, but he has done it with Frk, done it with Kempe, done it with Iafallo, but somehow it's easier to believe the coach doesnt know jackshit because you watched a couple of junior clips??

Standing waiting for one timers IS NOT KALIYEVS GAME OR STRENGTH...but f*** it shove that square into the round peg

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I thought it was rather obvious. Kaliyev does not have the overpowering shot you need in the NHL to sit on his off wing and be fed one timers. What makes his shot so damned good is the release and the ability to get it off. Showing a bunch of JUNIOR clips trying to argue he does, is like saying JASON BOTTERILL was a great NHL SCORER because he scored in Juniors.

But the chances of this board being tight and multiple people with ACTUAL decades of being in the ACTUAL business is just f***ing...what? I mean shit, you guys are literally saying a coach doesnt know what the offside wing on the PP does, but he has done it with Frk, done it with Kempe, done it with Iafallo, but somehow it's easier to believe the coach doesnt know jackshit because you watched a couple of junior clips??

Standing waiting for one timers IS NOT KALIYEVS GAME OR STRENGTH...but f*** it shove that square into the round peg

Those people with decades of actually being in the business(Does Sturn even count?) are in charge of the 27th best powerplay in the league, so I think it is absolutely fair to question some decisions. There have been 8 forwards on the Kings to log more than 50 minutes on the powerplay, Kaliyev is 1st in G/60 with 2.49, the next closest to him is Kempe with 1.7. Why is it ridiculous to think that the guy who has been by far the best goal scorer on the powerplay should be given better opportunities on the powerplay?

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016

"What makes his shot so damned good is the release and the ability to get it off."

Okay? So put him on his off wing which allows him a better opportunity to score with his release and ability to get it off. He's closer to the middle of the ice which gives him a better angle and it would allow for cross seam passes which are more difficult for goalies to track, you learn this in peewee. Just cause you're on your off wing doesn't mean you're legally obligated to take a one-timer, but most snipers would prefer to shoot on their off wing regardless of it being a one-timer or not.
The coaches doing it with Iafallo does not inspire confidence, nor does their horrid powerplay that's done nothing all year. Is your argument that NHL coaches can't be wrong? They've been wrong all year in regards to special teams.

Reactions: head eyes

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Usually I have not been a fan of that particular feature, but there are a few exaggerated examples of people not worth conversing with on this forum that have changed my tune.

Has really turned things into a somewhat enjoyable experience around these parts.
exactly, to me there's just a pair of em that have proven that they are purely a net negative on my forum experience so i had enough

i'm fine with disagreeing with people here, i do quite often.. but i think this forum is one of few where i feel like i can get an actual conversation based around a genuine disagreement without it devolving into being nasty, so i'm gonna protect that

really does make this forum a nicer place to read

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019

It is, Turcotte said in an interview at the world juniors that everyone knows not to leave Arty open for a one timer.

The things a rocket and he picks corners with it. His game and strength are shooting. Watch the clips and his season highlights, he sits in that circle with his stick up waiting for a feed and he just rockets it time and time again. I've watched every game this season, the highlight goal for the kings on a one timer from the RW circle was the only game he was given an opportunity there.

Reactions: head eyes

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Try it out for a few days. I felt the same way you did for a long while. It’s really stupid that a troll on the internet can rile me up, but I love talking hockey with most of you and I didn’t like that my time on this forum had become a frustrating experience because of a single person. Ignoring GBH (who I can only assume you’re all talking to) was the best decision I made for myself on these boards. There are lots of people on here with respectfully different opinions; spend your time talking to them instead.

Reactions: ru4reals

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It is, Turcotte said in an interview at the world juniors that everyone knows not to leave Arty open for a one timer.

The things a rocket and he picks corners with it. His game and strength are shooting. Watch the clips and his season highlights, he sits in that circle with his stick up waiting for a feed and he just rockets it time and time again. I've watched every game this season, the highlight goal for the kings on a one timer from the RW circle was the only game he was given an opportunity there.

In Juniors, 100%, absolutely, not in the NHL....

That highlight one timer, if I remember correctly, had everyone looking the other way, Durzi I believe made a fantastic pass, that doesn't happen a lot, where passes get through the middle of the ice that clean, for it to work, Kaliyev has to be higher up on the circle, and getting passes from the point....and again, he does not have the shot to overpower goaltenders in the NHL.....his strength is his deceptive release, not his overpowering bomb

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
"What makes his shot so damned good is the release and the ability to get it off."

Okay? So put him on his off wing which allows him a better opportunity to score with his release and ability to get it off. He's closer to the middle of the ice which gives him a better angle and it would allow for cross seam passes which are more difficult for goalies to track, you learn this in peewee. Just cause you're on your off wing doesn't mean you're legally obligated to take a one-timer, but most snipers would prefer to shoot on their off wing regardless of it being a one-timer or not.
The coaches doing it with Iafallo does not inspire confidence, nor does their horrid powerplay that's done nothing all year. Is your argument that NHL coaches can't be wrong? They've been wrong all year in regards to special teams.

No, my argument is that the coaches realize he doesn't have the overpowering shot for that kind of set up on the PP....I mean again, holy shit, they've done it with Frk, Kempe, and Iafallo.....your argument is that they aren't doing it with Kaliyev because they don't know any better, DESPITE them doing it with previous players.....what's more likely, they forgot about one timers, or they realize that's not his strength?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Those people with decades of actually being in the business(Does Sturn even count?) are in charge of the 27th best powerplay in the league, so I think it is absolutely fair to question some decisions. There have been 8 forwards on the Kings to log more than 50 minutes on the powerplay, Kaliyev is 1st in G/60 with 2.49, the next closest to him is Kempe with 1.7. Why is it ridiculous to think that the guy who has been by far the best goal scorer on the powerplay should be given better opportunities on the powerplay?

But you aren't talking about better opportunities...you are talking about putting him in a square hole REGARDLESS of what his strengths are....

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
In Juniors, 100%, absolutely, not in the NHL....

That highlight one timer, if I remember correctly, had everyone looking the other way, Durzi I believe made a fantastic pass, that doesn't happen a lot, where passes get through the middle of the ice that clean, for it to work, Kaliyev has to be higher up on the circle, and getting passes from the point....and again, he does not have the shot to overpower goaltenders in the NHL.....his strength is his deceptive release, not his overpowering bomb
Welcome to my Ignore list, your an idiot and if you can't see that one timer is world class then your also blind

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Welcome to my Ignore list, your an idiot and if you can't see that one timer is world class then your also blind

It's world class.....based on the one time he's done it in the best league in the world?

You know things are measured for what happens in the NHL....not the OHL right? Again, that's like arguing Jason Botterill was a world class player, because he tore it up in the OHL.....

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
No sense you guys turning on each other , eating your own won't help , just know the whole league is pulling for your team to hold those LTIR cheating sons o beaches Golden Knights out of the playoffs so they need to yank their heads out and win some freaking games now . No easy roads this time of year .

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
No sense you guys turning on each other , eating your own won't help , just know the whole league is pulling for your team to hold those LTIR cheating sons o beaches Golden Knights out of the playoffs so they need to yank their heads out and win some freaking games now . No easy roads this time of year .

Apparently not everyone, CGY pretty much rolled over last night lol

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad