GDT: 2021-22 season game 68 LA Kings vs Seattle Kraken @7:30pm 3/28/22

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
f***. Losing a game 6-1 to Seattle when you're trying to hang on to a playoff spot is rough.
Yeah not good. It’d be disappointing to lose by a narrow margin but I could shrug and move on. This though is infuriating… 6-1? No, can’t defend that.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
I would've had more fun if I took my money and set it on fire than watching that game live. f***ing abysmal. I love going to games with my dad, but man we were both just pissed off the entire night with how they were playing.
And walking to the car in that down pour after. It was like a Steinbeck novel: sad , sad, horrible and then it rains

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Yeah not good. It’d be disappointing to lose by a narrow margin but I could shrug and move on. This though is infuriating… 6-1? No, can’t defend that.

Wings blew a 2-0 lead to Seattle and lost 4-2.
Seattle outskated us from the opening faceoff. They lack finishers. But they can skate and forecheck.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Things could get ugly real quick...6 out of the next 8 games are vs playoff teams. I'm not worried that we lost last night, I'm more worried about when this team is going to get healthy. We need some bodies back ASAP. Will be interesting to hear today on who is making this trip...

Last edited:

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
If the Kings continue alternating wins and losses, they will end up winning both remaining games against Edmonton. Forget about this crap game and move on.

Reactions: David Lunch

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The rookie dmen are getting exposed badly, against Seattle of all teams. They’re gonna get a good challenge later this week with Edmonton and Calgary.

They've held there own against some of the best teams in the league. Tonight, nobody was up for the game, they thought it was a gimme 2 points again, and it showed from shift 1. So many grade A scoring chances and no finish. Open shots that should be on net were passes, passes then turned into poor shots wide of the net. Todd was right, the poor habits at the end of the last game carried over. Cal look just as bad on most of the goals tonight, as he did with a few second left on Sat.

Reactions: David Lunch

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
with Arvidson out Moore and Danault still were solid. When he came back the top line was struggling and it was the time to try something new. last night should have also been, but the most creative thing our coaches did was switch up the centers.
I want:
9-11-33
19-24-12 (moore can play RW)
89-55-13
48/17-46/17-34 (shit show till healthy)

Other option that I think is worthwhile would be to have Iafallo on the third line, Moore back on the left side and kupari or Kalivev on the 2nd line.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Too bad Lemieux had a setback. Someone needs to replace Iafallo now. Can't handle a puck, weak on boards,
slower than he used to be. Can't shoot. Rarely can make a play. Flubs more pucks than Brown was, even. He can't play, period.
Maybe Fagemo. At least he competes, can skate, ok 200 feet and has a good shot. Frk can't play 200 feet.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Did any of these guys get hit hard with COVID? I noticed Iafallo went out on COVID protocol in early January, but I'm not sure if it was just a precaution or if he had it. Maybe some guys are showing lingering effects or something. It's kind of the only explanation I can think of for some of them.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
with Arvidson out Moore and Danault still were solid. When he came back the top line was struggling and it was the time to try something new. last night should have also been, but the most creative thing our coaches did was switch up the centers.
I want:
9-11-33
19-24-12 (moore can play RW)
89-55-13
48/17-46/17-34 (shit show till healthy)

Other option that I think is worthwhile would be to have Iafallo on the third line, Moore back on the left side and kupari or Kalivev on the 2nd line.

I think the shuffling last night was a direct result of how god awful they started....

Lines should go back to normal, though I think moving Iafallo down, Kaliyev replaing him and moving Kempe over should be given more than a half a period chance.....

Grundstrum has looked pretty decent as a bottom sixer, definitely not afraid to throw a hit.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I don't think the reason we lost this game was because of anything technical, like rookie dmen getting exposed or whatever.

It was simple matter of one team coming out and playing with more energy/buzz than the other team. There's been so many games this season where the Kings have come out flat and lethargic at home. This was one of those games.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
What's the record on home Monday night games this year? Off the top of my head, I feel like they've lost to Edmonton/Boston/Seattle the last three in a row with the latter two being a combined score of 13-1. Maybe it is worse because I'm trying not to drink during the week and both the Boston game and last night were dry runs.

The physicality thing is a huge issue. Sure, me and the other knuckle-draggers on the board might bring it up more often because we simply like the physical side of hockey but this isn't a "I want to see some fights" complaint but rather a "This team will get absolutely steamrolled by most teams in a playoff series". Can you imagine these guys trying to survive the first 10 minutes of Game 1 at Minnesota? Teams are constantly crowding the goalie and show zero respect for this team. Seattle just took it to them last night.

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
What's the record on home Monday night games this year? Off the top of my head, I feel like they've lost to Edmonton/Boston/Seattle the last three in a row with the latter two being a combined score of 13-1. Maybe it is worse because I'm trying not to drink during the week and both the Boston game and last night were dry runs.

The physicality thing is a huge issue. Sure, me and the other knuckle-draggers on the board might bring it up more often because we simply like the physical side of hockey but this isn't a "I want to see some fights" complaint but rather a "This team will get absolutely steamrolled by most teams in a playoff series". Can you imagine these guys trying to survive the first 10 minutes of Game 1 at Minnesota? Teams are constantly crowding the goalie and show zero respect for this team. Seattle just took it to them last night.
Yeah, the only chance the Kings have of making it to the 2nd round is if they play Edmonton. Every other team will steamroll them. I think we'd be lucky to make game 4 without half the roster injured.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't think the reason we lost this game was because of anything technical, like rookie dmen getting exposed or whatever.

It was simple matter of one team coming out and playing with more energy/buzz than the other team. There's been so many games this season where the Kings have come out flat and lethargic at home. This was one of those games.

And we only needed 14 seconds to discover that.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Wings blew a 2-0 lead to Seattle and lost 4-2.
Seattle outskated us from the opening faceoff. They lack finishers. But they can skate and forecheck.
Which is why I would have begrudgingly accepted a narrow loss, but 6-1 when we are down the stretch is a very bitter pill to swallow.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Blake felt investing in the playoffs was only worth a 7th. Quite the message to send to the fans and players.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Blake felt investing in the playoffs was only worth a 7th. Quite the message to send to the fans and players.
The message I heard was that the investment in the near future is more valuable than adding now to chase something that cannot be caught. No one or two rentals would matter, and bringing in anybody with term better be the right player because there are too many bodies here.

I agree with him. The goal this year is meaningful games, not a Cup. I disagree with their method, but the planning is spot on. The injuries are a HUGE blessing in disguise. We get to see the talented kids earlier than management wanted, a dumb, expensive move was ruled out and the weaknesses of the veteran roster are exposed.

I totally get fans who want to see the Kings win as much as possible as quickly as possible, but they have the potential to go much further if they remain patiently on target.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015

But he knows things we cannot know...like if Drew is really out for the season? Injuries today are totally shrouded in mystery and some have some uncertainty - as to why he said 'we will explore all options'....that does not sound too promising. So, if Doughty is out, Roy and Anderson an extended period of time, what are the playoff chances?

It seems that they made attempts to get Chychrun, but the price was too high. Any rentals do not make sense. he said in an interview a week before the deadline "any players would have to make sense for now and the future". Anyone could see that prices for buyers were very high....2 1sts for Brandon Hagel?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The message I heard was that the investment in the near future is more valuable than adding now to chase something that cannot be caught. No one or two rentals would matter, and bringing in anybody with term better be the right player because there are too many bodies here.

I agree with him. The goal this year is meaningful games, not a Cup. I disagree with their method, but the planning is spot on. The injuries are a HUGE blessing in disguise. We get to see the talented kids earlier than management wanted, a dumb, expensive move was ruled out and the weaknesses of the veteran roster are exposed.

I totally get fans who want to see the Kings win as much as possible as quickly as possible, but they have the potential to go much further if they remain patiently on target.
To go from 2nd place in the division to missing the playoffs would seem to be a negative for both the organization and the young players. But I get it...that 2nd or 3rd round pick is more important to the future than progress this year.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
To go from 2nd place in the division to missing the playoffs would seem to be a negative for both the organization and the young players. But I get it...that 2nd or 3rd round pick is more important to the future than progress this year.
Seems like you don't get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad