GDT: 2021-22 season game 62 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @7:30pm 3/15/22

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
All I know is it's getting really frustrating watching all the winning teams tonight scoring 4-8 goals and we can't get anything going anywhere and are stuck in the middle of the last gasp of dying vets and the bambi legs of youth who aren't ready while random players are emerging all over the league to help their teams to playoff positions.

You'd think out of all these lottery tickets we'd have someone somewhere to just go off on a streak but instead everyone is on a cold streak all at once to go with the usual shit special teams play but also the worst injury situation we've had in 15 years.

I appreciate the moral victory from the kids but these last 20 games are going to be excruciating if all the senior citizens in the top six can't pull their shit together and if all of the teenagers making up the bottom six can't start turning possession into production. Goalie can't even steal a game if you put up 0.

Like, we all figured Kempe, Iafallo, Danault, Moore would cool off but not all at the same time.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
PP has been SHIT for years. It's a rob blake problem.
It's a chemistry issue. The Kings' players are used to a system which is utilized 5 v 5. When you give them the chance for offensive creativity, they blow it. They're not used to freedom. Let the team gel more and they'll get better. Tmac employs a strict offensive system.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Spence is going to be a special player. Less than a handful of games in and he is making high-end plays without thinking.
Ive seen the same thing. I think he is one guy who could make a difference offensively at the blue line.. and do what Makar does which is become a 4th forward on a regular basis.

Reactions: kinghock

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
You'd think out of all these lottery tickets we'd have someone somewhere to just go off on a streak but instead everyone is on a cold streak all at once to go with the usual shit special teams play but also the worst injury situation we've had in 15 years.
Idk man I think tonight there's not much more to be pissed about than this.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
Iafallo is either injured or he is pulling a Richards and his career is evaporating before our eyes. (I’m guessing injured)This is tough to watch, he can’t move, can’t handle a pass, can’t carry the puck.

He looks nothing like the player from earlier this year.
Swiss Army knife has melted into a butter knife.

Reactions: kinghock

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Spence is going to be a special player. Less than a handful of games in and he is making high-end plays without thinking.
I agree.

This is what I mean with a guy regularly making plays that just jump out at you. It's a small sample size, but I think he has maybe been the most impressive young player for the Kings this season in his limited games. And for a 4th round pick in the 2019 draft, what a find by the Kings. He might lose a numbers game when everyone gets back, but this guy is going to be knocking on the door at camp next year.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Swiss Army knife has melted into a butter knife.
It's sad to see. I think some of it may be the declining play of Kopitar but you could have Iafallo out there with McDavid and I'm not sure he'd be doing anything. It looks like he borrowed Matt Greene's cement skates.

Reactions: tbrown33

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
All I know is it's getting really frustrating watching all the winning teams tonight scoring 4-8 goals and we can't get anything going anywhere and are stuck in the middle of the last gasp of dying vets and the bambi legs of youth who aren't ready while random players are emerging all over the league to help their teams to playoff positions.

I appreciate the moral victory from the kids but these last 20 games are going to be excruciating if all the senior citizens in the top six can't pull their shit together and if all of the teenagers making up the bottom six can't start turning possession into production. Goalie can't even steal a game if you put up 0.

Like, we all figured Kempe, Iafallo, Danault, Moore would cool off but not all at the same time.

Since Nov 24, the longest Moore has gone without a point is 3 games. He hasn't cooled off.....yet :)

Iafallo on the other hand....he's checked out since the end of January :(

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Whatever. Even on their best and healthiest day it'd be tough to beat the Avs.

SJ, VGK, Chi, Sea(2) in 5 of the next 6 games. That's all that matters.

It's time to sack up against the Sharks. You know Vegas will give everything they have, if they have anything left, in that game. Chi is Chi, who knows. A home and home with Sea, they're looking to ruin seasons. Have to get 7, 8pts at least in those 5 games. The Preds will be tough.

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
Ok Ill play along: lets say there are 2 trees: 1 is 19 yrs old, the other is 30 - what happens
He’d hyper critique the fruit of the young tree and toss them in the trash. Then he’d chop it down and use it as mulch to try and get one more year of mediocre fruit from the old tree, until it slowly dies.

Last edited:

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
I blame the loss on the annoying drummers. WTF was that? The audio has been terrible this year for whatever reasons but tonight it was worse and I was getting annoyed by hearing a drum beat that sounded like a cheap version of Hawaiian war drums. It kept going thru the whole game and was louder than the play by play. I guess it would be way more annoying if you were there in person.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 3.03.41 AM.png

kent.jpg

Another special teams loss. Penalty 2 was such crap, it was no different than the hit McKinnan did to Moore earlier in the period.

Reactions: 2-4 Slashin

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Since Nov 24, the longest Moore has gone without a point is 3 games. He hasn't cooled off.....yet :)

Iafallo on the other hand....he's checked out since the end of January :(

He's played on the top 3 lines at some point during that time and nothing changes. With top line minutes on pp too.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

And it is only going to be worse with Kopitar until end of his contract...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad