GDT: 2021-22 season game 60 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @6:30pm 3/12/22

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
You’re right our goaltending is amazing, and our coaches are even more amazing. I’ll take a dive into your delusion my man
Our goaltending's fine. Our coaching is fine. Todd has brought us this far. Yeah, the roster looks like crap on paper most nights, but that's what it takes for this team to win. This team is winning by committee. There's no stars on the team, except Kempe and he's a sniper. Todd has done a good job and he hasn't ruined the prospects. I'll give him that. They aren't progressing as fast as we'd like, but really who is? If you think another coach would do it differently, feel free to add your suggestion. I just think the coaches and the goaltending are a scape goat and are actually doing pretty well. /end

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Our goaltending's fine. Our coaching is fine. Todd has brought us this far. Yeah, the roster looks like crap on paper most nights, but that's what it takes for this team to win. This team is winning by committee. There's no stars on the team, except Kempe and he's a sniper. Todd has done a good job and he hasn't ruined the prospects. I'll give him that. They aren't progressing as fast as we'd like, but really who is? If you think another coach would do it differently, feel free to add your suggestion. I just think the coaches and the goaltending are a scape goat and are actually doing pretty well. /end

Alright, Todd. 16 losses against the sharks in 22 games. Everything is fine. Can’t win against a single team consistently bodes well for the playoffs. Byfield getting no PP time in order to not ruin him. I like it. The powerplay is terrible, penalty kill is terrible. And Quick has been “ok” this season. Cal has been bad more often than not.

No scape goating. Kings are in this position due to the grace of the eastern conference and a terrible division.

A healthy kings roster is a good team that is carrying a coaching staff that’s at best below average. The amount of questionable choices from the staff shows ineptitude.

But believe what you want Todd.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Alright, Todd. 16 losses against the sharks in 22 games. Everything is fine. Can’t win against a single team consistently bodes well for the playoffs. Byfield getting no PP time in order to not ruin him. I like it. The powerplay is terrible, penalty kill is terrible. And Quick has been “ok” this season. Cal has been bad more often than not.

No scape goating. Kings are in this position due to the grace of the eastern conference and a terrible division.

A healthy kings roster is a good team that is carrying a coaching staff that’s at best below average. The amount of questionable choices from the staff shows ineptitude.

But believe what you want Todd.
Yeah I agree. Byfield should be utilized on the pp. Our pp and pk sucks, but that falls on Sturm. Our goaltending has been borderline excellent. Quick has been borderline great this season as well as Petersen. "It's never the goalie's fault". Remember that old line? You can't expect an AHL defense to bail the Kings goalies out every time. Me, I'm looking forward to tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing Gabe play.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Yeah I agree. Byfield should be utilized on the pp. Our pp and pk sucks, but that falls on Sturm. Our goaltending has been borderline excellent. Quick has been borderline great this season as well as Petersen. "It's never the goalie's fault". Remember that old line? You can't expect an AHL defense to bail the Kings goalies out every time. Me, I'm looking forward to tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing Gabe play.
That’s pure delusion. Kings are near the top of the league in lowest amount of high danger scoring chances and shots. Boy our ahl defense sure must be phenomenal. Any person with a semblance of an iq will tell you that Quick has been okay this season, he’s been bad now. Petersen has been ass through this season with the random one good game every now and then.

You know it’s something we keep track of, how many times the kings can make it to ten shots without letting in a goal. Spoiler alert, very rare they get there. And most importantly, kings don’t allow many shots but when you look at the games, what like there’s been a decent amount of times where the kings had let in 3 goals before the 15th shot mark. Tell me how good is the goaltending that they can’t seem to make a save while being “excellent” how excellent was quick on the ot goal ?

Also, Sturm is in charge of the pp structure, Todd handles deployment and player placement. Sturm is ass but Todd is the turd that comes out of it.

I’m not the type who seems teams doing well and immediately thinks it’s the coaches doing. Todd has had some terrible strategic short comings and gets out coached regularly. Todd is lucky he has a good team because the players are paying his salary and giving him job security. He’s displayed some amazing ineptitude. But here we are in a playoff spot, good team, bad division, and blessings from the Eastern teams. Todd is ass. And this is the last I’ll entertain this delusional notion he isn’t. Good day, Todd.

Wake up

Last edited:

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
That’s pure delusion. Kings are near the top of the league in lowest amount of high danger scoring chances and shots. Boy our ahl defense sure must be phenomenal. Any person with a semblance of an iq will tell you that Quick has been okay this season, he’s been bad now. Petersen has been ass through this season with the random one good game every now and then.

You know it’s something we keep track of, how many times the kings can make it to ten shots without letting in a goal. Spoiler alert, very rare they get there. And most importantly, kings don’t allow many shots but when you look at the games, what like there’s been a decent amount of times where the kings had let in 3 goals before the 15th shot mark. Tell me how good is the goaltending that they can’t seem to make a save while being “excellent” how excellent was quick on the ot goal ?

Also, Sturm is in charge of the pp structure, Todd handles deployment and player placement. Sturm is ass but Todd is the turd that comes out of it.

I’m not the type who seems teams doing well and immediately thinks it’s the coaches doing. Todd has had some terrible strategic short comings and gets out coached regularly. Todd is lucky he has a good team because the players are paying his salary and giving him job security. He’s displayed some amazing ineptitude. But here we are in a playoff spot, good team, bad division, and blessings from the Eastern teams. Todd is ass. And this is the last I’ll entertain this delusional notion he isn’t. Good day, Todd.

Wake up
Nobody's perfect. You expect some other coach to turn this team into a playoff team? We have a top line of Moore, Danault, and X. Kopitar isn't producing. Byfield's just a kid. And our 4th line outplays our other 3. Who do you see doing a better job with what we've got?

Now we have a very subpar defense and many injuries. This team is gonna crash hard and it'll be a miracle if we make 8th place. But go ahead and Blame Tmac and Sturm and the goaltending. Your goalies are only as good as who's in front of them.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Nobody's perfect. You expect some other coach to turn this team into a playoff team? We have a top line of Moore, Danault, and X. Kopitar isn't producing. Byfield's just a kid. And our 4th line outplays our other 3. Who do you see doing a better job with what we've got?

Now we have a very subpar defense and many injuries. This team is gonna crash hard and it'll be a miracle if we make 8th place. But go ahead and Blame Tmac and Sturm and the goaltending. Your goalies are only as good as who's in front of them.

All those people I’m blaming aren’t the reasons the Kings are doing bad NOW. They’ve been the worst part of the team this season. And again, Todd is so bad that expecting to find someone better wouldn’t be difficult

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Quick is old and is handedly outplaying his “replacement”. Quick hasn’t been great overall, he’s been fine at best. Cal has been mediocre at best. We need a new younger goalie who can actually take the number one spot because cal is definitely not it. Kings have given him good defense this season and he’s looked brutal

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
All those people I’m blaming aren’t the reasons the Kings are doing bad NOW. They’ve been the worst part of the team this season. And again, Todd is so bad that expecting to find someone better wouldn’t be difficult
This team can win. Even with the young guys that are up. This team needs to gut-check and pull it out from deep within them.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad